Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh what a shame that Casper wont move off the treadmill... might as well have another piece of rich chocolate mud cake while you wait for him to move off
default_new_rofl.gif

Picture is great!!

The picture is just perfect Cassie - beautiful!
default_firstprize.gif

Is Casper going to use the treadmill, or is he just going to sleep on it??

You go Casper ...that's the best use of a treadmill ever!!!

I saw something that said " if you don't think I exercise...you should see me attempting to put on my jeans fresh out of the dryer"...always thought it was great.

Cassie your art work is really awesome...great job and lots of talent going on!!

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

haha Casper only sleeps on it, though he tried to get on it the other day while I was on it and he didn't like it too much lol.

Finn has got a bit of a cold
default_sad.png
he is miserable and has a runny nose, his breathing differs some days its really heavy and chesty and others its fine... I've been giving him some medicine which seems to be helping but I think our cold wet weather has given him a bug (especially as he is so prone to catching things) Mum and Dad leave for Tonga on Monday (leaving us all behind AGAIN!) so I may not be on here much as I'll be looking after the boys... any good recipes I can cook for them while mama and papa are away? lol ;)

Oooooo ((((HUGS)))) for little Finn - hope he feels better very soon.
default_yes.gif

Poor Finn, sending healing thoughts. Good luck with the boys, are you parents always holidaying? lol

Any crock pot chili..its always easy and boys will love it...put it in the pot and it will be ready when they come home at night. American Chop Suey is also easy..don't know if you make something similar in Ausie land...its pasta, meat and tomatoe sauce..but there are lots of variations.

Sorry to hear little Finn is a wee bit under the weather but he's got a great nurse so hopefully he'll feel better soon.

Hey Cassie, it took me a bit to find your thread.....now its back up where it belongs!!

My niece made it to Australia 3 days ago. She will be in Sydney for 10 days then shes off to Griffith University which she tells me is on the Gold Coast. Im not real active on Facebook but this is how she sends me pics. She sent me pics of her visit to Bondi Beach and the Opera house which I assume both are in Sydney. Your scenery is lovely. The pics show shes in long pants so you must still be in cooler winter mos. I hope you and your horses are doing well...Im sorry to see your camera is broken...LOL.....is that a good hint or what!!!!

Here, and I thought that girl "Cassie" was a figment of my imagination.......you mean she's a real person???

HEY girl! Where are you, and how are the ladies....getting ready for their adventures??

The poor little Finn boy has been sick again (pneumonia) but Cassie has been giving him penicillin injections and monitoring him so she might be catching up on sleep lol. She said he started to improve on Monday so hopefully he continues to get over it.

Heidi you should come to Australia. BEST country in the world!
default_new_rofl.gif

Haley, My friend Kieth Urban has been on his knees begging and pleading for me to come live w/him there in his $18,000,000.00 castle...he so wants to dump that little tart Nichole Kidman but quite frankly I would much rather live here in my little shack and clean pony poop!! Maybe I'll just go visit him someday when Nichole is out doing a movie. LOL

Cassie, that little Finn sure likes having you play nurse...are you sure he just isn't trying to keep you by his side 24/7...cause we know the extra treats and snuggles he's getting from you. Actually Cassie, I do hope he's feeling better and you don't have to worry about him. It %^%$ when the fur kids are feeling crappy. I know you will make him as comfortable as possible....even if he wont eat your chicken soup.

Oh naughty Finn worrying his Momma yet again!! Really hope he's feeling better soon Cassie, but with your expert care (and lots of exra loving) I'm sure he will soon be back to full health.
default_yes.gif

Heidi, hope your niece is enjoying her time down under - any chance she will be sending you some pics that you could post for us?

Oh, I pray little Finn comes around quickly for you Cassie. But as Anna said, I know he will be better soon with your constant care and love. Prayers for little Finn.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Hi girls yes sorry I dissapeared been a bit crazy here.

thank you Hayley for updating the girls.

as you may all remember Finn had a cold a fewe weeks back and he didn't improve his breathing just got worse and worse and was extremley raspy and he had mucous 24/7 in his nose poor little man was pretty miserable so I got the vet out and he said he had pnemonia and was very congested in his lungs
default_sad.png
so the penicillin shots started
default_sad.png
( he started improving greatly he was also ono bute as he had a fever... last sunday though he went down hill big time and started colicing, his temperature peeked at 39.3 celcius and that was after giving him as much bute as the vet would allow I was quite worried and it was a very long night (felt like I was on foal watch again lol hourly temp checks monitoring my little man. eventually his temp went down and so did he, poor baby was sooo exhausted he slept the whole night in the same spot, I had to do my hourly checks with him fast asleep snoring away. here are some pics of him and his pretty mumma sleeping while I was doing my thing in the stable.

finnsleeping.jpg

finn sleeping2.jpg

since then his temp has gone down and his breathing has been improving greatly, he and I are both sooo sick of the penicillin injections, so luckily today my vet said I can try him on some oral antibiotics we are going to try it over the weekend and see if he keeps improving and if he does it will be amazing! and we will continue that course but if not then its back to the horrible injections again (please pray that the oral meds will help I hate injecting my baby man! )

he is looking much much happier now and his breathing is back to normal he still has a little mucous occassionally

finn.jpg

we have been having unseasonably warm weather and as you can see in the pics Finn again is a little fluffy yak so if it doesn't cool down soon I'm going to have to clip him... and rug him he has been coming in sweaty at night which I'm sure isn't good for his pnemonia... what would you guys suggest I do?

looking at some natural supplements to help boost his immune system also so if any of you guys have any ideas of what I could use that would be much appriecated
default_smile.png

Heidi I'm so glad your neice arrived safely in Australia... what is her name? I can add her on facebook and help her with anything she needs while she is here sounds like she is seeing all the sights and the weather has been amazing for her so thats so good! hope she really enjoys her time here in Oz
default_smile.png

Cassie,

Here's a bit more info on the Spirulina I mentioned on the main forum thread, I didn't want to post there as not all things are well received. I put my Cushing's mare on spirulina, as her diagnosis came during a time of chronic urinary tract infections, she had blood-tinged urine off and on for over a year; she went through several courses of antibiotics which only knocked it back, but didn't stop it. When I finally conceded that she could have Cushing's, already had the gelding diagnosed and didn't want to admit I could have another, I started her on the Cushing's Rx and spirulina (I held off on another round of antibiotics for the UTI to give the Cushing's Rx time to work), in a week or so of starting the Rx and spirulina I noticed her urine had cleared up and its been ever since (she's 4 months into the Cushing's Rx). [Now I realize that the Rx played a huge part in this, but I'm sure the spirulina did too.] My senior stallion was on it for a chronic issue that is hard to describe; he had an abcess a couple years ago behind his jaw, had a huge gaping hole, saw the vet, went on antibiotics, hole healed over, and the area weeps clear fluid; I put him on the spirulina and the weeping mostly stopped (probably should put him back on it, but he's a bit picky about his hard feed in summer when he wants grass so hard to get him to eat certain things). When the equine dentist was here, Bonny was a bit raspy with her breathing, we didn't float her teeth (didn't want to make the breathing issue worse); I put her on the spirulina for several days, and her breathing was better (in this case, it might just have run its course). Whew, are you still with me? I'm pretty sure no one here on the mare stare board will cause a stink over this post, so there you go.

Yes thank you chanda
default_smile.png
I hardly ever post on there as I'm scared of getting in trouble as such lol that's great advice thanks again
default_smile.png

Thanks for that link bree
default_smile.png
I was thinking of doing a really light clip on a blade that isn't very close can't remember how it works is it smaller number = closer shave etc lol but that might be a good idea as he is always sweaty under his neck and front legs thank you ;)

Yup the smaller the number the more hair left on, I'd use an 8 or a 10
default_smile.png
I show clip in 10 or 30 and do fine clipping in a 40 or 50.

Latest posts

Back