Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go!!!

20130502_1429060.jpg

20130502_142858.jpg

20130502_142605.jpg

20130502_142504.jpg

20130502_142530.jpg

Has udder looked like it has gone down since this morning? I let her out right after I took this mornings pic. I honestly can't tell if she lost it or is keeping it.

Yes her udder has gone down but that is totally normal after exercise
default_yes.gif
what we are looking for now is that it stays up after her time outside, that is when she will foal. I reallt think she is on the last stretch though
default_thumbup.gif
See how baby is starting to move down and she isn't so wide
default_smile.png

No. I don't see it at all. All I see is wide!!! Haha!!! Will be keeping a close eye on udder. It's getting to the point where I don't put much faith in pH strips. She's been testing high on calcium for a month, and was it Toffee that foaled at a 7.0?

Anyway, I think it's my turn to go insane!! Mindy's mare had a beautiful bag for a long time!! She just can't hold on to it forever, that's what I keep telling myself.

Maidens don't always bag up before foaling and Toffee is a known sneaky mare. She is progressing wonderfully and looks amazing
default_smile.png

I agree with Renee, she looks amazing!! And yes I can see that her tummy is starting to move downwards as the foal moves towards the correct position even if you cant see it. And yes again, Toffee is a real sneaky mare and nearly made it this time if it hadn't been for Mary spotting Clyde peering in over the stable door with interest at what was happening.
default_yes.gif

Cin is making perfect progress!

Oh my word!! It is MAY, and it is 42° this morning!!! Ridiculous. Here's this morning's pics. She was cold, so as soon as I lifted that tail, she scrunched up that hooha. Numbers are still high.

20130503_082254.jpg

20130503_082308.jpg

She is making fabulous progress
default_worshippy.gif

Yesterday

20130502_142605.jpg

Today

20130503_082308.jpg

I bet a week to 10 days at the most
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. We haven't really brought it up to him. She doesn't act as if it bothers her at all, so I just kinda put it on the back burner. I did look up some things online, and everything I read seems like a very complicated and painful treatment. Maybe when he's out here post-baby, he can look at it.

Lack of sleep!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

And yes, I'll get ya a profile pic when I get home from bringing Sampson to town.

http://www.yellowhouseranch.com/foaling.htm

A little cream on any girls slab sides never hurt a thing..
default_wink.png
Cinnamon looks amazing!!!! She looks like she was also somewhat dehyrated when you brought her home...She is actually smiling in her now photos...Lucky little girl..Wowza what an udder...Her hooha is looking pretty loose too and her belly is so round, it doesn't look like she can possibly stretch anymore. Depending on our weather I would guess next week, but what do I know? I thought a horse named Sugar or Cherrio would have foaled by now too. Wow very handsome carriage horses.
default_firstprize.gif

Well Sugar finally foaled 5/2. Cheerio on the other hand wants to wait for a few more days. She is saying maybe next weekend.

While we are waiting, here's some more Louisiana humor for y'all!

YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM LOUISIANA WHEN:

1. Your sunglasses fog up when you go outside.

2. You reinforce your attic to store Mardi Gras beads.

3. You save newspapers, not for recycling, but for tablecloths at crawfish boils.

4. When you give directions, you use "lakeside" and "riverside", not north and south.

5. Your ancestors are buried above the ground.

6. You get on a green trolley to go to the park, and a red one to go to the French Quarter.

7. You take a bite of five-alarm chili and reach for the Tabasco.

8. Every once in a while, you have waterfront property.

9. You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, "Don't eat the dead ones, " and you know what that means.

10. You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday.

11. You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

12. Little old ladies push YOU out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

13. You leave a parade with footprints on your hands.

14. You believe that purple, green, and gold look good together.

15. You don't think twice about eating something which has all three of these colors. In fact, you love it.

16. Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

17. You know what a nutria is, yet you still choose it to represent your baseball team.

18. No matter where else you go in the world, you are always disappointed in the food.

19. Your house payment is less than your utility payment.

20. You know you don't show your "pretties" during Mardi Gras.

21. You know that Tchoupitoulas is a street and not a disease.

22. Your grandparents are called "Mamaw" and "Papaw".

23. Your Santa Claus rides an alligator and your favorite Saint is a football player.

24. You cringe every time you hear an actor with a Southern or Cajun accent in a "New Orleans-based" movie.

25. You have to reset your clocks after every thunderstorm.

26. You've walked in the French Quarter with a plastic cup of beer.

27. When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head.

28. You eat out and spend the entire meal talking about all the other good places you've eaten.

29. You can pronounce Natchitoches, Atchafalaya, and Thibodaux.

30. You call catastrophic hurricanes simply by their given name, and everyone knows you are talking about a storm and not a person. Eg., Katrina, Rita, Andrew.

Hope I made yall smile!! This came straight off of Facebook!

Latest posts

Back