Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and I got my aquarium and pond done today like I was supposed to. Forgot pics of outside. It really is very nice out on my patio. Here's the aquarium while we are waiting...there's an African cichlid, a South American cichlid (Oscar), and some little dude that my son had and put in there called an "upside down catfish". He's only about three inches long and hides in his logs all the time, so I totally forget he's in there until I go to clean the tank and he comes flying out.

20130428_204319.jpg

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
shopping
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
oh and great tank too
default_yes.gif
they are a lot of work to keep clean but so lovely to look at after.

Yay!!! Go cinn, good girl! I can't get over how cute she is! Ur tank is awesome! Mindy had I big tank with beautiful angel fish once! It was so beautiful but was a lot of work for her.

Omgoodness. What a day!! Y'all know I have to trailer a horse into town every day now for the carriage company, so was up early feeding and doing chores. Brought horse to town, did yardwork until it was time to get him, went back to town, picked him up, picked feed up, came home and took care of Pat and put the feed in the barrels. Daughter got home from school and promptly disappeared. I thought nothing of it, because she roams around quite often (she's 12). I'm with the farrier, getting Beau's shoes reset, and it's getting late. Still no daughter. Hubby got worried and took off in the pasture to look for her. There's over 400 acres out here, pasture, woods and even some swampy creeks. Hubby calls, saying bring the tractor, I'm stuck! (In a 4 x 4). I jump on the old blue tractor and beebop out there, get chains hitched, and I promptly get stuck myself. The mud is a very sticky thick gumbo mud, and it filled the gaps between the treads of the tractor and made them look like racing slicks. Mom calls and says daughter was home, told her our situatuon, so she and the farrier come bumbling out on the mule (we call ours a chuck wagon). Farrier sees situation and goes back after the brand spanking new, plastic still on the seats, $170,000 John Deere. Then he calls and asks how to start it (oh Lord...). In his defense, that tractor has a hydrostatic transmission, so it is a bit different. ANYWAY, we finally all get outta the mud, and I finally got to feed Cinnamon. That gal has done some serious shopping! ! pH still way high, hooha pink, but more relaxed in the back. Pics tomorrow, I was just too tired tonight. Chewed out daughter for scaring us all half to death. She says she got lost and bogged down herself in the mud. Lordy, Lordy. I'm aging before my time!!

OMG!! What a day!! Glad you all got unstuck ok in the end (and daughter was safe). Did anyone take pictures of the event - you know how we all like pictures of family life. LOL!!

But pictures of Cinnamon instead will keep us happy.
default_yes.gif

It was pitch black by the time we got outta there...I do want to go back and take some pics of the ruts we left, lol. Supposed to rain all day long, so I better head back there early, or I'll get stuck again!!

Getting a 4x4 stuck? Okay, that can happen. Getting a tractor stuck? Oh my! I'm so glad all is well with your daughter. Glad to see your mare shopping.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I like the aquarium. I've just about always had one, but all I have is 2 goldfish in a 10 gallon aquarium. My kids kept feeding the tropicals and getting them killed. Bought two 29 cent goldfish and now the dang things are both 8" long! The aquarium is getting too small for them, but I'm not ready for a bigger aquarium with a 3 yo. Cookies (especially the cheep oreo knock-offs) do NOT clean up well! "No, the fish don't eat cookies! Or Ritz crackers! Or Graham Crackers! No, they don't eat goldfish crackers either!"
default_nono.gif

Thank heavens goldfish can live through just about anything...

Last edited by a moderator:
Viola, I'm dying laughing over here!!! I can just picture an aquarium with oreos all in it!!!

Took some pics today. Mudhole doesn't look NEARLY as bad as it felt in the dark!!

20130501_125538.jpg

Here's my little pond right after I planted the Impatiens. Some of them got zapped by a late frost.

20130225_122957.jpg

And here's the princess!! Showing exactly what she thinks of the last trimester of pregnancy!

20130501_132111.jpg

Isn't she sweet??

20130501_130835-1.jpg

And here's Ike, looking like he found a mudhole too!

20130501_132144.jpg

Oh my!! Oh my!! Oh my!! One 'Oh my' for the mud tracks, one for your beautiful pond and one for that TUMMY!! LOL!! Beware the wide load approaching!! She's looking fabulous - now all we need is to see that baby!!

No Oh my!! for Ike coz he deserves a WOW!! What a handsome man - he doesn't look very dirty to me!

Beautiful!!! Ill take Ike home if hes tooo dirty for you!!!!
default_yes.gif
Poor Cinnamon!! How can she get any rounder??

OMG, y'all are CRAZY! This was a fabulous thread to read. Totally made my day. I have a great deal of respect for mud, so I'm very proud that you got thru that ok.

Your Cinnamon looks like she swallowed a beach ball. At least she's giving you all the signs at this point! I'll be watching to see where this all leads. I normally lurk on other threads, but had to join in here. I have a rescue mini that is doing well with me, but I have no idea how far along she is, and the waiting is killing me!

I'm so glad you joined Lil Beginnings. The folks here are great.

That picture is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

So round -- I just love those pregnant tummies!

Renee, that is HILARIOUS!!! She's been following me and the wheelbarrow around this afternoon. I did a complete bedding change in her stall, so it's all soft and fresh smelling. Her straw is on standby, and she will probably pee in it as soon as I put her in for the evening.

Y'all can see that the mud was cleverly disguised by those stupid yellow flowers. Those things take over a pasture and we haven't sprayed for them yet. Kenny didn't realize he was in it until the tone of the engine changed, so he just tried to floor it to get through it. Didn't happen. And to stick a large tractor too???? Wow. If something can go wrong, it's gonna go wrong with me!!
default_10_2_12.gif
That was my fault, I should have backed up to him straddling his ruts instead of getting in them. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Cinnamon still has nice firm poo, so that hasn't changed yet. I haven't put her in for the evening, so haven't done udder and hooha checks, or pH checks. Judging by the way she's carrying, she's not ready yet anyway.
default_gaah.gif
My middle kiddo graduates from high school next Saturday, so I REALLY hope she either does something before then!!!

Latest posts

Back