Charm - Filly 3/23/13!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS on a beautiful filly, charm looks to be a good mom.
default_smile.png
can't wait for more pics..lol

Oh she's just gorgeous!! What a cute little lady!! Well done Charm and many Congratulations to you!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

So glad it was an easy and straightforward delivery, but it just goes to show to others how quickly these foals can be born between checks - even my checks every 20 minutes almost produced some near misses!!

Hope the weather improves for you soon so Charm and her new daughter can go outside - and we can get some outside pictures!!

Again, many many congratulations - a fabulous and successful outcome to the 'long wait'!
default_yes.gif

oh congrads. What a cutie!! Glad all is well . Hoping you have set fate on a run of fillies. She surely is a cute lil thang

What a gorgeous baby!! Congrats on your new filly.

Glad it all went well. Wasn't it neat to experience at aleast part of the birth?? That's really cool. Hope to be able to do that with some of mine...

As to color - is her dam (Charm?) a black? The filly looks like my siver dapple babies do at birth. The only black foals (pintos) that I've had, have been coal black with "blue" highlites to their coats... I've heard that black foals can be a "gun metal grey" at birth, but.... Do you know the color of her sire? (I'm off to read the beginning of your thread and see what I may have missed)

Congrats. I am new on hear and was just reading your posts it was great to read charms story with such a lovely happy ending. Bveautyful filly.

congrats on your new little one she is adorable! I'm thinking maybe silver bay as well... though not sure daddy's colour some outside piccies will help if its warm enough for your new little one to go out
default_smile.png
have you thought of a name for her yet?
default_smile.png

Wow, what a wonderful filly! So glad that things went to well for Charm, that's what we all dream of, every time. Congratulations!!!
default_firstprize.gif

Oh so very excited about your little filly! Congratulations. I am quite sure Jewel is right behind your Charm. Her udder is almost as big as your gal before she foaled. Wonderful news! So very special. Just loved seeing the mamma with her little baby.

Thank you all for the well wishes
default_smile.png
I think we are going to call her Willow. Charm is a dark bay...Willow's sire is a mystery, but I guess he was at least reasonably handsome!
default_laugh.png
Willow seems almost a lavender color with silvery mane--whatever color she is, I like it!
default_wink.png
I wish I knew how long her gestation was, because Willow's mane and tail seem overly long for a newborn...her mane already lays to one side in little ringlets!

I hadn't really planned to have any foals, but I couldn't resist buying Charm
default_rolleyes.gif
. I'm not having any more of them; I worry too much! I know it's normal for them to sleep quite a bit during the first few days, but I struggle against worrying Willow is sleeping too much and that she is not sure enough on her feet for her age. She nurses, has a normal temperature and orange-ish, normal consistency poo, and toddles around a bit but she does not seem quite steady on her feet yet. Last night she looked like she was trying to hold her back legs up while she walked--hard to describe--kind of shuffling in the back. I also thought her back fetlocks seemed warm/puffy compared to her front legs so I was worried about possible infection, but this morning her hind legs felt cooler than her fronts so I think that must be in my head. In spite of her being in a protected area out of the wind, she still shivers sometimes
default_sad.png
I think I am just being a crazy obsessive mama after too much reading about all the things that can go wrong!
default_giveup.gif
default_thud.gif
Just figured I would vent a little worry here. Hoping to put the pair out today so they can get some sunshine...maybe take some pictures outside!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back