Can you look up this information?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merogsrha

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am curious to see what you can look up in the mini registries with limited information. The two new horses I got it were from a "breeder" in Upstate NY (Helena/Massena area). They had several studs and many more mares - all bred. Because of this, I was curious is the at least the stud I have may be registered. The only information I have on him is his color. Everything else is a mystery. He doesn't appear too old, but I am FAR from an expert. Is there any way to look up breeders in a specific location, and see the horses they have registered? Or do you HAVE to have an idea on the name, etc?

PS- No information was available on ANY of the horses other than what you saw. Owners were deceased, and a friend of the family was left to rehome all of the animals (which were plenty), but knew nothing specific about them.

Contact AMHA and AMHR. If you have the breeders name you MIGHT be able to narrow it down, but if nobody is familiar with the owner's records, it might be a lost cause.

Alrighty
default_smile.png
I know appearence isnt everything, but by the looks of the place, I highly doubt registration was a high priority. I am unsure of the owners name, only know the first name of the person who was left in charge of rehoming the animals. I'll do a little bit of digging to see if I can find out any information
default_smile.png

I'll update here if I get any leads
default_smile.png
I have full intentions of gelding the stud as soon as I can financially (within a month), so it is done and over with and he can lead a normal horsey life
default_smile.png

If he is 34" or under, once you gelding him, you can hardship him into AMHA if you do it before the end of this year, its not all that expensive for a gelding. Then once he has AMHA papers, you can hardship him into AMHR, double registered so that if you decide at any time to show him, you will have papers. Good luck with your hunt.

I found the owners name - Can current registry members look up records by owner name? I am not currently looking to show/breed - BUT if I find out that these two guys ARE already registered, that may get me going sooner than I thought
default_smile.png
If they aren't, I likely wont "waste" the money on hardshipping them in, and they will be local show/pet horses
default_smile.png

What are their names, maybe someone will recognize it and know their farm prefix, otherwise there is no way to find horse by just the owners name.

Latest posts

Back