Can we see pictures of your barns and stalls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are some really gorgeous barns ya'll!!! I was wondering if anyone has these stalls.....My link. Or if you know anyone that has them. I think they are pretty sharp lookin and I like the Idea of the poly kick stuff but I wish they came in 10' X 10'!

These are some really gorgeous barns ya'll!!! I was wondering if anyone has these stalls.....My link. Or if you know anyone that has them. I think they are pretty sharp lookin and I like the Idea of the poly kick stuff but I wish they came in 10' X 10'!

Some companies will do custom work, why not call and ask, worse they can say is no.

My personal motto..................'They can't say NO if you don't ask'
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow these are almost identical to the ones my hubby made me, and I thought I was being original
wub.gif

It is not expensive to get them custom made and that way you can choose the size.

Those poly-kick stalls are so cute, but my boys would wreck those in a minute. We have too many colts and stallions (and sometimes the geldings) here that like to really "work" on my partitions. Some days I marvel that the mares can be so laid back and the boys so rambuncious, but I guess that is why I love my boys the best.
default_wink.png
Some days I think I need my stalls and fences made of something indestructable.

HI RhineStone,

I love the floors in your barn, we are in the process of putting together our first barn so this is all giving me lots of ideas..

I want to know how you got you floor so even and firm and is it just dirt on the floor or have you laid some type of material and compacted it....

Thanks Raine

Here are a couple photos of our barn. We have four 5'x10' mini stalls and three 10'x10'. (We have big horses, too.) Our horses don't spend a lot of time in our stalls, only for pellet feed and really bad weather, but each horse has their own stall. Our aisle is 11' wide, so we can take the tractor down the aisle. We really like the hay loft above. Not only do we store hay up there, but also other seasonal stuff and construction lumber. We can access it from the indoor arena. That is where we unload hay, no matter what the weather. We have a hay elevator that takes the bales up from the wagon to the loft. There is a chute right in front of the pipe gate in the photo where we drop hay into the aisle. I like that the majority of the hay is protected from oppossums to minimize the risk of EPM.

Someday, we want to insulate and line the entire barn, not so we can heat it (my husband has allergies and heated barns are a NIGHTMARE for him), but so that it stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. We would also love to rubber floor the entire barn to keep the dust down. I do water down the barn periodically. I don't want to concrete the floors though. We have concrete in the shop, the tack room, and the shower stall.

Aisle_Fall_10.jpg

Our mini stalls can be made 10'x10' by removing the center boards. They are tongue and groove, so the walls are really strong. I really like our conduit pipes for airflow. We have one dent in one from a tractor bucket when we were dumping gravel in the aisle. Otherwise, they hold up beautifully to the horses (including a Belgian we had for a year), and are about 2" apart on center. We have never had a problem with a horse getting stuck in them.

Mini_Stalls_Fall_10.jpg

There are other photos on our website on the Facility page including our shower stall: http://rhinestone-ri...es.com/Facility

Our building not only houses our horses, but the heated shop is in there, too, so I can go into the shop to warm up. That is one thing I would have a hard time giving up now. And I LOVE our Nelson waterer. I wish we would have installed them in every stall! I also wish our our shed was longer. It is 10'x40'. I wish it was about 12' or 14' deep and at least another 10' - 20' longer. That is something that is on the list to add someday.

Our barn does have the venting system where there are two BIG fans in the top of the barn. One blows in and the other out. They are set to temps, so only turn on if the temp goes up to where we have them set. This and a stand fan in the isle keeps the barn circulating and cool all Summer. We also put in two big screened skylights over the isle, that we keep open all Summer. The skylights add light in Winter when we need all we can get!

The stalls are 6 x 12, all opening out to a communal paddock. The barn isn't an in and out unless I want then all in together. The in and outs are in the paddocks.

The whole kit and kaboodle is matted, isle and stalls. Our doors are swinging grills that everyone can hang heads over, including the stallion stall which also has a grill on top to close if need be. The grills also contribute the the good air circulation. They also allow everyone who wants to, to hang out and "chat" with neighbors.

I do use a bucket system inside for water so I can watch consumption, heated in Winter and not in Summer. OUTSIDE we use an irrigation system set up for three seasons, which not only waters our pastures but works the automatic waterers. This does need flushing and turning off in Winter as they are not heated, and then we use heated muck buckets in all the paddocks.

I love the floors in your barn, we are in the process of putting together our first barn so this is all giving me lots of ideas..

I want to know how you got you floor so even and firm and is it just dirt on the floor or have you laid some type of material and compacted it....
We have sand in our area, but wanted a firmer surface in our barn. So we laid gravel in the whole barn. It has been there a while so it is mixed with dirt now, but I just rake it smooth. I will lay shavings in the stalls sometimes when we keep horses in. We really want to rubber mat the entire barn to keep the dust down. We do water down the gravel now, and don't want concrete. Our indoor arena is a clay base (that we had hauled in) with wood landscape shavings over the top. We LOVE that for driving.

Latest posts

Back