Can a solid horse have blue eyes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen Black horses (minis) with no visable white and blue eyes. So, I guess anything is possible.

Yes.....it is very possible for a solid horse to have blue eyes. It would be a "minimal" Splash or Frame Overo.
default_yes.gif

Neither one of the parents have to have blue eyes themselves to throw them either....as long as they carry Frame or Splash, and you said the sire was an overo, so he most likely threw the blue eyes.

Yes, it is possible. Also, don't forget (for the benefit of others) that double dilutes will always have blue eyes whether they are solid or pinto
default_yes.gif

How blue are the eyes? Most foals are born with eyes that appear to be a dark blue foals with blue eyes that will stay blue are very bright sky blue.

All of that said I have owned a solid black with a tiny star and bright blue eyes

I've had blue eyed horses born from two "solids" with brown eyes.
default_yes.gif

This filly's sire is my Splash Overo. She's "solid" but has a star & snip. She's a Splash too, with her blue eyes.

website1007004.jpg

I've had blue eyed horses born from two "solids" with brown eyes.
default_yes.gif

This filly's sire is my Splash Overo. She's "solid" but has a star & snip. She's a Splash too, with her blue eyes.

website1007004.jpg

i love this horse.

very nice. how tall is she?You can send her to my farm to help me rebuild my small herd.
default_wub.png

Yes a foal can have blue eyes and neither parent have blue eyes. They can get the blue eyes from other members of the family tree
default_yes.gif

Thank you Melissa! That is Lola, a jet black yearling filly. She's only 27".
default_wub.png

One of my lovely Nort daughters!
default_biggrin.png

Thank you Melissa! That is Lola, a jet black yearling filly. She's only 27".
default_wub.png
One of my lovely Nort daughters!
default_biggrin.png

i have always love LOTO her sire.

You have very nice horses.

i love the blue eyes ones.

yes, my filly has 2 blue eyes and both her parents have brown eyes.

Her dad's Silver dapple with no white at all and his dad is a Splash Overo.

Her mom is chestnut and white.

P9070022.jpg

The only white she has

P9070042.jpg

Latest posts

Back