C.A.R.E.'s thoughts on the whole situation with AMHA as it is today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do personally enjoy the so called fancy shows and and the trappings that go with it. I will maintain to you that a lot of other folks do also. AMHA has a lot to offer also and I do agree that the focus has to be on the inclusion of everyone (small farms, individuals, large farms, show people etc.). AMHR also has a lot to offer and I also enjoy it, so do not take this as bashing either registry, because we do both and like both for different reasons.
default_yes.gif

Simple business practices applied to the handling of the registry, adherance to the rules and regulations of the Association will go a long way to solving any short fall in dollars.
default_aktion033.gif

A perfect example is the computer program fiasco. If it had been properly vetted, employees trained properly and then implimented in a timely and planned manner we would not be in the position we are today with it of having expended money and gotten basically nothing for it.
default_wacko.png

But that is past tense and we all need to move forward. I personally am not interested in she said, he said stuff, but rather would like to see us all become proactive and productive in helping to improve both of our registries in whatever way is possible.
default_no.gif

Please go back to my original premise of the importance of the items I listed in my first post. Starting with the revision and adherance to the rule book and charter. Then institution of a system to allow people to be involved in the decisions before the BOD and E-Board thru a e-vote or something like it.
default_wink.png

With those two changes we can give everyone the voice they so deperately want and need in order to move the registry forward on any given subject or problem. Together with the strength of the membeship we can overcome any problem as long as the will of the people is known and adhered to. Facts is it is high time that the majority needs to be heard from. The E-board and BOD can provide direction and help manage things just like any other corporation in the USA.
default_wub.png

As a final note AMHR seems to be doing fine right now and I hope they continue to do so, but I am sure they are watching and taking notes if they are as smart as I think they are.
default_smile.png

I hope that in the near future we can all make this statement about AMHA.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Why I rarely bother to post on these threads.... and despite the way a lot of them tended to go in the past (lost of pointless OUTRAGE and YELLING and ANGST and demanding why no one CARED)... is that there is a lot of tunnel vision going on. AMHA is brought to task for This and That - all justifiable - but then when AMHR pulls the same kind of crap it is usually glossed over and ignored. If the same scrutiny was turned on AMHR as some reserve only for AMHA - that would be more useful. BOTH registries have much the same issues when it comes to rules simply being changed and voting questions - and especially measuring - but you would not know it from many of these threads. And when both registries overlap all over the place with many owners... you simply cannot point fingers only one direction. JMHO.

Fix things? Yes. Of course.
default_new_shocked.gif

But a lot less tunnel vision - especially when so many of us belong to BOTH registries - would be of more benefit to all members... outrage about AMHR issues never seems to bother a lot of those who only find AMHA at fault.

Like Lisa as an owner/breeder/exhibitor of small equine I want ALL registries to do well. Its in my best interest
default_smile.png
No registry is perfect for sure. There is always room for improvement in both AMHA & ASPC/AMHR. That is why I keep watching these threads and stay interested in what AMHA does.

I guarantee if I see some changes that I agree with and some improvements I will send my membership in to AMHA

Just a side note that when people do post that are affiliated with AMHA please lets not automatically jump on them etc. Quite a few I know simply will not post because of how they were treated in the past when they did try to answer questions.

Just a side note that when people do post that are affiliated with AMHA please lets not automatically jump on them etc. Quite a few I know simply will not post because of how they were treated in the past when they did try to answer questions.
Not sure what happened to the post I made earlier - but I'll try again. I agree with you, kaykay... when someone who was, you know, actually AT an AMHA meeting or part of the board would post they were often pooh-poohed, argued with and/or dismissed. Especially if what they said did not jibe with what someone was sure had happened. Time and again they would be told they were wrong... and in the end many just stopped posting. What was the point?

The reason many do not post in these threads is because many of them in the past ran off the rails... lots of OUTRAGE and YELLING and veiled suggestions that if you were not as outraged as some felt you should be, that you somehow did not care or could not be bothered... or simply did not measure up somehow.

I and others have also not been happy with a lot of the tunnel vision that is shown. If AMHR were held to the same microscopic scrutiny that some hold AMHA to, they would come up short in many of the same areas - as others have noted. But no - it is all AMHA and don't you forget it! No measuring, voting, showing, meeting or rules issues in AMHR at all. Nosirree...
default_wink.png

BOTH registries need to make changes - and yet when fiascos related to AMHR have emerged they rarely get the same kind of attention that a similar issue would with AMHA.

IMO you cannot make demands of one registry while giving the other a pass on many of the same issues - especially when many of us are involved with both of them and many horses are double registered.

And BOTH registries have their glamourous shows and magazines.... I am not sure how that is detrimental, to be honest. All breed publications have their own versions of glitz and glam!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back