Brand of this cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GwynethYogi

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what brand of cart this picture is of? I would love to have a cart like it. Does anyone know of a place that could possibly recreate it (or at least something similar)? I was thinking that possibly Silver Penney Farm could do it?

http://www.wayoutwestminis.com/PicturePool/Hance2.jpg

Hance2.jpg

If there is a Forum or ? area over at the ADA, you might post over there. Myrna (a few years ago - very active here and now busy on the ADA bod <i think> ) and her husband used to build carts/carriages with wood.

That cart is gorgeous. Depending on what you want to do I just want to mention that carts with a lot of wood can also be heavy. My first cart was the most gorgeous meadowbrook I ever saw. Cute as the dickens. My boy had trouble pulling it up the hills around here. Wooden wheels look the prettiest but are heavy and narrow wheels sink into the mud and under less than ideal ground conditions can bog you down. That is a beautiful cart now doubt and wouldn't weigh as much as my meadowbrook that had fenders, but I just wanted to make you aware to consider weight of cart when shopping. cheers.

ps looked again... those wheels are not as narrow as my meadowbrook so probably wouldn't sink in as much.

Boy is that a pretty cart. I can understand why you are looking at it.

Who ever that is in that photo, the turnout is lovely and well balanced. Cart looks level and that seat looks comfortable. I have no idea of the maker.

I think there is a facebook page called CDE4VSE that might be able to assist. I was just there and there is a photo on there of a cart very similar to the one you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be a Sprint Cart from Frey Carriage Company in Columbus WI. The wood components are not standard on the Sprint but the frame and suspension look very similar. They have a website and you can compare their carts. Frey Carriage builds very high quality carts and carriages and is a good company to work with. Expensive, but no better quality anywhere.

Latest posts

Back