Bought Myself a New Project...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLilShowGirl

Reaction score
I recently sold my older trailer to get something more "mechanically safe", and I came across this trailer, for pretty cheap! It is a 2h, factory made, but the previous owners made some adjustments, but I figured it would work for me! They put new tires, new floor, new rubber matts and fresh paint job, although I don't like how they painted it (didnt sand before they painted).

The plan is to fix up the paint job, and redo the inside to "miniatureize" it. We are thinking it can hold 4 minis on a slant load.

Does anyone have any ideas for me on how I could do it? Or pictures of theres so I can get some ideas. I want to do it properly and something that will be suitable.

Here are a few pictures...

S5006353.jpg

S5006356.jpg

S5006354.jpg

Thank you,

K.

Very nice and isnt it great you dont have to find hay for this one?
default_wink.png

Lyn

Way to Go Kris-- soon you will "Be on the road again"

John put 2 swing dividers in ours -- helps to separate the stallions -- we usually aare showing more than one stallion (I realize you won't have that problem) but they are nice to have.

We tyurned our 2 big horse McBride trailer into a 6 horse mini trailer!! We put a divider right at the front (two horses stand there as a normal horse would) and then put a gate behind them. From there, we hinged gates on the side so that they were slanted and then put a 2x4 along the other side and put rings to snap the gates into place. The horses don't seem to mind and it works very well for us!!Have fun with your remodelling!

I don't know how to do the things with it that you're wanting to do, BUT, I can't wait to see the end results! I think you'll do really well with it and will turn it into something you'll get a lot of use out of
default_yes.gif

I will be very interested to see what you do to it -- I have a 2 horse trailer that I bought a couple years ago and I would love to convert it into a mini trailer
default_smile.png

Just dont have the ideas or the money right now
default_smile.png

I would love to see how this comes out...Because I too have a older trailer that I want to redo for the minis.. Cant wait to see how this comes out. nice trailer though
default_smile.png

I too have one I am hoping to work on !!
default_wacko.png

Boy we are going to be busy in Ontario !!!

One thing I was told to watch for Kristen is the side doors don't always close tight

and a little foot can get caught down in there and even worse ... pulled out !
default_new_shocked.gif

I plan on using the front as a storage/tack room.

I was also thinking of cutting down the height of the trailer so I could load my

carts on top easier.

Just ideas right now !

Deb

I had a 2 horse straight load trailer that we made a conversion kit to haul minis, complete w/ a walk through door into the tack area. I no longer have the trailer, but do have the conversion available if anyone is interested.

doorway.jpg

This pic shows the conversion w/ the door into tack room open. It was designed to haul 4 minis and a 5th one if you didn't use the walk through door. I added butt pads on the back gates so it'd be nice and comfy for the horses.

Latest posts

Back