Dimensions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniNHF

Reaction score
This might be a shot in the dark
default_smile.png
, does any one know the dimensions on how wide and long miniature horse dividers/stalls have to be in a horse trailer. I just bought a 2 horse 1995 Trail-et that is going to be my project trailer. Structurally and mechanically sounds just needs some upgrades and some cosmetic fixes.

My boyfriend is a welder by trade so we are already going to do the work on the trailer ourselves so I figured he could make me my miniature dividers.
default_smile.png
Ive seen pictures but I just cant find the dimensions. I want to make something that is removable since I still have my large 16:2h QH (really the trailer was bought around him lol)

I know this has been discussed on lb before, so perhaps a search w

Ill find something for you.

My trailer is 6' wide on the inside. It is a Pacesetter stock trailer, so the "ribs" are on the inside - not sure how widely spaced they are. I used those to mount my dividers and my horses ride sideways and it's plenty wide even for a 38" mini. I designed them so that they are easy to remove in case I want to haul a mare and baby together.

chandab - yeah I tried the search and it brought up every post with horse or trailer in it and let me tell you there is alot of posts with "horse" it it LOL

Jean_B - Thanks for the info, thats kind of the set up im looking at. I cant remember how the ribbing is set up but ill figure that out soon enough.

Here is an idea of what the trailer looks like, I have to get more pics of the inside later on.

WP_000610_zpsc60a4863.jpg

Try searching "trailer dividers" with quotes all forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Chandab - thanks for the suggestion, you would have thought my brain would have came up with that one, but it had been a long day
default_smile.png

Its easy to forget the quotes to narrow down the search. Also try "trailer conversion".

ive found a few suggestions of what people have as far as the space for each one and they are from 20" to 24" apart. I know I dont want to go to wide where they are bouncing around in there and I dont want them to be to squished either.

We're looking at doing something similar, and what we've seen is 22" wide x 48" long. To me, that seems a little tiny, but we're going to mock up some "stalls" in the barn and go from there. It's hard to picture, I'm a visual person.

I see that you are in Delaware.I am in Milford,DE on rt 1 on the way to the beaches.I have some dividers that were made for my trailer(since sold-new buyer didn't want them)You are more than welcome to come measure and look to get some ideas.E mail me if you want to get dimensions.They were made by someone in New England. Bev Thawley Knollac Miniature Horse Farm e mail is [email protected]

I see that you are in Delaware.I am in Milford,DE on rt 1 on the way to the beaches.I have some dividers that were made for my trailer(since sold-new buyer didn't want them)You are more than welcome to come measure and look to get some ideas.E mail me if you want to get dimensions.They were made by someone in New England. Bev Thawley Knollac Miniature Horse Farm e mail is [email protected]
-bevann: that would be great! I think that would help my boyfriend out alot; ive shown him some pictures from ones I have found online so he has an idea kinda how he is going to construct them, I think the proportions is what concerns him the most; he is very much a perfectionist when it comes to welding
default_smile.png

I use to live down in cecilton, md and then in middletown, de.. now I currently reside up north in newark with the horses boarded down in earlville.

Latest posts

Back