book recommendations about training mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He very much is. Trims up nicely too...

IMG_20130608_174148_747-L.jpg
What a pretty guy! Are trick training him? You mentioned you are working on hugs, just curious what training information/books/cds you may use. I am looking for stuff right now. Got some stuff ordered and working with him already. Its such fun and so rewarding. I put a treat in a plastic mayo jar for him to play with, well he loved it, pawed the lid right off and got the treat. Kicked the jar and lid around prob a 1/2 hr. He has a blueberry scented jolly ball but he doesnt care for it much. Getting him a big rubber ball tomorrow. Best of luck with Luke.

I found a used copy of Trickonometry that has some ideas. Sometimes it's just your imagination. Currently working on smiles for treats, they learned that fairly rapidly. Also shaking hands (which could be developed into more things, I wonder about training for Spanish Walk but that would be pretty advanced).

For toys this is the hands-down best one we've found:

p_28768_39897P_002_horse.jpg

Stuff it with a few alfalfa or carrot flavored horse treats, and a bunch of hay to slow down the payday. Legend in particular LOVES it. Google "Amazing Graze" and you will find it.

I found a used copy of Trickonometry that has some ideas. Sometimes it's just your imagination. Currently working on smiles for treats, they learned that fairly rapidly. Also shaking hands (which could be developed into more things, I wonder about training for Spanish Walk but that would be pretty advanced).

For toys this is the hands-down best one we've found:

p_28768_39897P_002_horse.jpg

Stuff it with a few alfalfa or carrot flavored horse treats, and a bunch of hay to slow down the payday. Legend in particular LOVES it. Google "Amazing Graze" and you will find it.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I looked into the Trickonometry book and it looks quite interesting. There is alot of freebie info on the internet on trick training as well.

Back