Blue Roans???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meshale

Reaction score
Looks like i am going to be getting a Blue Roan gelding*S*S*S*S*S**S.......and he and Brando will be trained together at the same time...i am sooo excited*S*S*S*S*....Can i see some pics of Blue Roans from people so i can get something to compare him too*S*..THANKS :aktion033:

OH YA!!!...anyone ever use IverCare to worm????what do you think of it?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your purchase :aktion033: , I know you made the right choice!

I've never used IverCare in the past but I know people have with great success.

I use EquiMax and Strongid. Just don't use Quest or anything that has the Moxidectin ingredient.

Jamie

I know you know i made the right choice!!!!!!*wink* :lol:

Here is our boy, also a gelding, LBFs Commodity Blues
Commod2003JulepCup.jpg

Congrats! :aktion033: I bet you are excited. Here is a pic of my friend Katie's Blue Roan mare.

Her name is Littlefoot's Tipperary.

tipperary.jpg

-Nicole

Here is my girl Ramakers SMW Rhapsody in Blue. She is expecting her first foal this year and I am SO excited

blue.jpg

We had tried for years to produce a Blue Roan mare - and - we were blessed with this blue- eyed blue roan girl ( coat is a bit sunburned in this photo) who is in foal to Wardance for 06 - Blue Roans are among my favorites. Congrats on your new addition :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

bluestar05.jpg

Some may think that she is a bay roan based on this photo as colors can sure be deceiving- however I can assure you she is not bay - Sire is a black tovero , dam is a black roan - and during the summer - this mares black points turn "red" from the sun. Here is her baby photo. And a photo of her and her dam - When she was born, I thought she was a solid blue eyed black - and then when she shed her baby coat - we were doing the happy dance :bgrin

BlueRoanandbaby103.jpg

BlueRoanandfilly101.jpg

THese horses are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

WHITEWAVE...I wanna see a bigger one of yours!!!!LOL

OK....A "blue" Roan horse is a horse that is Black based with the Roan modifier.

A true Roan has a solid head and points applicable to the base colour- ie a Bay Roan will have a Bay base coat with black legs and mane and tail and solid brown (Bay ) head.

In the miniature horse world there are many and varied colours, diluted and modified by strange and marvellous factors, BUT a Black (blue) Roan is a BLACK horse with Roan modifications.

It is not a Bay base horse and it is not a grey.

Sorry for that.

On with the show!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Here are my two:

Brewers Nashville Serenade

img_08602.jpg

and her filly, Olive Branchs Midnight Mist

littleking20050872.jpg

Getitia, there is something else going on. I would lay money on it. Is there any chance she is a Smoky Black Roan????

Nope Rabbit no dilute anywhere - I owned both the sire and dam - and know of the foals they have produced - and neither has the creme gene hidden anywhere in any of the generations that is on paper. In fact the sire is jet black - non-fading.

If I were to post a photo of her now - she is jet black - and does not fade in the winter- you cannot even tell that she is a roan unless you look very closely - however in the "summer" every black point fades to a reddish color. Go figure
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Just when you think you have it figured out they will fool you every time

th_winter12-9-05033.jpg
th_winter12-9-05033.jpg

okay see if this is bigger for some reason photobucket makes them smaller..can i email it to someone and they can see if it'll post bigger please

MVC-013S.jpg

This is my Blue Roan mare Westwinds Frosted Ebony Buck she is the granddaughter of Boones Little Buckeroo

Her Mane is sun bleach should be black

Here is Baylee....my little "BAY" roan. But she looks just like a BLUE roan when she is clipped.

f351c966.jpg

f351c96a.jpg

She is most definitely a Bay Roan.....but so dark that the only hint of bay is around her muzzle. Here she is as a foal with her Bay roan mom, who is a Buckeroo grandaughter, and a Top Banana grandaughter.

f41d3d2b.jpg

Dona, I absolutely love your roan filly--I especially like that 2nd photo you posted, where she's standing straight on to the camera; that's just too cute. Now I wish I had one just that color, especially if it's as nice as she is!

I have a question...the sun does what to a blue roan..does it turn the mane and tail a bit brown/golden????

Latest posts

Back