Names for a black mare with a blue eye?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura&HerMinis

Reaction score
I have another post about my new mini rescue gelding and his unique color, what to feed him etc. But I’m getting a pair of minis, that gelding and a black mare with a blue eye. I wanted to dedicate a post to her specifically, I don’t have good photos but she’s basically a solid black with her right eye being blue. She’s five years old, sweet but shy. I need some name ideas, ideally that sound good with Arrow (the gelding’s name). It doesn’t have to belong together like Bow and Arrow, but I want it to flow nicely and not sound weird. Any suggestions are very welcome! I’ll see if I can get a good photo of her when she gets here (probably next week!!)
Edit: I found a photo of her but her eyes aren’t showing, hopefully it sparks some suggestions anyway :)E15EAEF6-6E2D-41BB-B1D5-F87197C96938.jpeg

Last edited:
You know I love names!! 🥰

Unregistered name:
Lauras Beautiful Bliss
Barn name:
Bliss

Scarletts Bow & Arrow
Barn name:
Scarlett
I had a biggie black mare with 2 blue eyes and her name was Scarlett.
My mares unregistered name (she was a rescue) was:
Scarletts Diamond in the Rough

These 2 names come to mind, but I am sure once we see what she looks like more names will come…. So post pics soon. 💕

I try to meet them before naming them, as usually the right name comes to me after I've met them and get to know them a bit.
If they are registered, I try to use something from their registered name as a call name, if it fits, as it helps to keep papers and horses together in my mind.

You know I love names!! 🥰

Unregistered name:
Lauras Beautiful Bliss
Barn name:
Bliss

Scarletts Bow & Arrow
Barn name:
Scarlett
I had a biggie black mare with 2 blue eyes and her name was Scarlett.
My mares unregistered name (she was a rescue) was:
Scarletts Diamond in the Rough

These 2 names come to mind, but I am sure once we see what she looks like more names will come…. So post pics soon. 💕

I do know you love names! Oh my gosh I LOVE THOSE haha. Actually I did find a photo of her, but her forelock is so thick so it covers her eyes in that one haha so we can’t see her blue eye. I’ll edit the original post to have that photo of her.

I try to meet them before naming them, as usually the right name comes to me after I've met them and get to know them a bit.
If they are registered, I try to use something from their registered name as a call name, if it fits, as it helps to keep papers and horses together in my mind.

I met her last week, and that’s how I found Arrow’s name. It just came to me. And they’re not registered as they’re rescues, I’m definitely planning on getting to know her a bit before I decide for sure but I wanted to see what you guys would think of so I had some more ideas!

I have another post about my new mini rescue gelding and his unique color, what to feed him etc. But I’m getting a pair of minis, that gelding and a black mare with a blue eye. I wanted to dedicate a post to her specifically, I don’t have good photos but she’s basically a solid black with her right eye being blue. She’s five years old, sweet but shy. I need some name ideas, ideally that sound good with Arrow (the gelding’s name). It doesn’t have to belong together like Bow and Arrow, but I want it to flow nicely and not sound weird. Any suggestions are very welcome! I’ll see if I can get a good photo of her when she gets here (probably next week!!)
Edit: found a photo but her eyes don’t show lol.
Edit 2: here’s a photo of her and Arrow together that I found where you can sort of see her blue eye 😄F74DBA47-10D9-4493-9315-CAD6629F9D07.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back