Beyonce the DEFINITELY pregnant pony - SHE'S HERE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks of it, my mare is taller than yours, but here is Tana two years ago right before she foaled, she didn't look overly full.

June 23 morning

Tana - june 23, 2012 - 2.jpg

Tana - June 23, 2012 - with Dolly.jpg

June 23 afternoon

Tana and foal - June 23, 2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I remember those pictures Chanda! She's definitely not "full" looking -- in fact, has no belly to speak of. But, then some of these ladies can carry really high and tight! I remember your filly, Chanda, appeared from a no-belly momma, either! Looks like things are lining up from the back. Keep us posted!!.

It's hard to see in the photo but she is a huge roomy pony and is very wide naturally in her entire body so she could easily be hiding a foal in there but there's still a part of me freaking out thinking she's one of the 2% that receive an incorrect result on the test
default_pray.gif

That's the surprising thing about these mommas. One looks pregnant and one doesn't, and both deliver! So, since we're only looking at pictures and you can see her and feel her, we're just watching and waiting. Things can change very suddenly, so don't get discouraged.

So belly has fallen down, she had blood on her vulva this morning which was lax, jelly butt no real resistance in tail, walking loosely and very smoochy. Still no real udder development though :/ I touched her vulva and it scrunched back up but not very well. She also had diarrhea last night but not this morning so far. This horse is doing my head in!!!

She may have lost her mucous plug. And it sounds like she's progressing quickly. I would be watching her constantly now, as that udder can fill at foaling, so there is no use using that as a gauge at this point.

Regardless of how she's carrying this little one, she has progressed quickly in the past few days, so she bears good watching. Is she stalled at night? A nice soft bed in a stall will make sure you have good access to her at night and can check her regularly, as there is nothing more difficult than to find a mare in the dark when they don't want to be found.

Keep us posted! It sounds like things could get exciting very soon, or she may just continue to drive everyone crazy.....
default_whistling.gif

She is stabled at night, I checked her all night and nothing... I feel this may be the pregnancy of torture
default_thud.gif

"pregnancy of torture" - LOL!! Join the club!! Look what Bree has just gone through with Kirra and last year poor Holly (waiting for Kate to foal right now) had a terrible time with her Indy. But I agree with Diane, your Beyonce has certainly 'moved on' quickly in the past few days, so keeping a very close eye on her is essential just in case. Hoping that she will slow down a bit and give you and us a few more 'soon/anytime now' signs before she foals.

She's tightened up this morning but she's bagged up a bit more...I give up. Will update once she foals lol

That's quite okay for her to do, and quite normal, also. This is the longest "waiting" time, and torture is a good word. But soon you will have forgotten all about this waiting time, and will enjoy little foal snuffs and snorts!! It will ALL be worth it in the end!!

So, don't you DARE make us wait until she foals before you get back with us! LOL We want to enjoy the wait WITH you!!

Haha needed those words. Have had the horse day from heck today. First we had a dental visit and the new dentist was way too rough and tried to use pliers to twitch my horse. I hate twitching at the best of times but PLIERS!!!?? So I told him to stop and leave and would just get the equine vet to come out and sedate her. Then went to feed my other mare and she could barely walk, called the vet out and apparently she must have fallen due to her bad knee (advanced arthritis due to an old break) and has sprained both her back legs so is on a 7 day course of bute and yard rest. Beyonce isn't allowed to foal tonight, I've forbidden her from doing so, too much excitement for one day!

Sorry about all the stress and I hope the guy with the arthritis feels better soon. Also now that you forbid her, you know what's gonna happen lol. ;)

Although are you using reverse psychology????!!!... Cause that would be smart lol

So she has a bit of a jelly butt today and has elongated a lot since yesterday but still hasn't really bagged up anymore. Has been rolling a fair bit and she never rolls. Haven't seen any baby movement for over 24 hours now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLvgYCcVLO4&channel=MsArgle

side view, sorry not the best angle but dogs were acting crazy and every time I crouched to take the photo they'd jump all over me!

Vulva yesterday evening

Taken this evening

back view

She's looking great. Elongation moving forward nicely. And don't worry about no "movement" as things are a bit crowded in there. Perfectly normal, as is the rolling. She's moving baby into position and doing a good job of it by the pictures. VERY exciting as she progresses. Keep us posted!

So her butt has lost a bit of jelly, her udder seems at a standstill but her vulva seems to have relaxed a bit more. I think her belly has dropped a bit but unable to tell for sure and these photos just don't do the size of her belly justice!

She looks like shes coming along nicely
default_smile.png
Being that she is a maiden, she may not decide to fill that udder until right before she foals. Love reading the updates on her , so keep them coming. I have an 8yo gelding that is a spitting image of your girl, so cant wait to see what she is hiding.

How is your other mare feeling now that she has had some bute and yard rest ? Hope she is doing much better
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back