Beyonce the DEFINITELY pregnant pony - SHE'S HERE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask what 'shopping for baggage' means in this sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
She's growing bigger boobs
default_smile.png

Yay !!!! a BIG congratulations to you and Beyoncé
default_thumbup.gif

Wonderful news for you both. lets hope she is preparing something extra special for you.

Hoping the weathers nice where you are. Its around 4-6 weeks from beginning of bagging
default_smile.png

Maybe a Christmas foal! Dad was a homozygous black tobiano (unsure if homozygous for tobiano or not) so I'm asking the foal faries for a loudly marked black tobiano filly!!! Although nail test said colt.. Weather is lovely! currently 33C

Many congratulations!! Thrilled for you and Beyonce.
default_thumbup.gif

Make sure she has your credit card with her when she goes on those shopping trips!!

She's apparently most likely a maiden so should I be on alert now? Waking up throughout the night just to check on her or leave it a bit longer? Is it the same as bigger horses? I've worked at studs before but it's different when it's very small and your own.

I dont think you need to worry just yet - usually it's around 4 to 6 weeks from the start of an udder showing before foaling, also, in spite of being a maiden, I would like to see her tummy drop more plus that (normally!) visual lower belly moving forward as she gets really close to foaling. BUT she is a maiden and we all know so very well that maidens can do 'strange' things let alone have glanced at the rule book for pregnant mares. LOL!!

Just keep an eye out for any 'unusual/different' behaviour over the next few weeks - oh and keep the pics coming every 3 or 4 days so that we can help you spot any changes.
default_yes.gif

ABSOLUTE "DITTO" everything Anna said. You may start to see personality changes as well, as many mares become more "clingy" as time approaches, and want to be closer to you....gives them a "safer" feeling.

Thanks, her butt seems less firm today and she didn't want me around her back end at all, squealed and pigrooted when i checked her udder. Her udder is filling up nicely but still has a long way to go. She has a bit of poop on her vulva which is unusual and her poos have been looser this morning compared to what they have been, definitely not cow pie loose just a different texture than usual.

so i just went and checked and vulva has really relaxed heaps since yesterday, she's still happily grazing and not much change in bagging since last update, her butt is a bit soft but definitely not wobbly and still swishing tail. I think i'll def have a foal by christmas

So her bag has gone back up and she's tightened up again but her belly seems way bigger today.....she's gonna make me wait

So it's quite hot today, unsure whether this has anything to do with the following but anyway, she has the white speckles around her nipples. I've only ever seen this is horses near giving birth but her udder isn't full and she isn't very relaxed in her vulva, it's a bit darker inside from yesterday and definitely more relaxed than a few days ago but still nowhere near where it should be for imminent birth.

Hard to know because mares can be tricky, but since she's started filling her udder, I would expect her to continue and do more filling. She looks like she's elongating, but staying pretty tight, so I think she'll take a little longer for you.

Can you get us 2 good pictures please. One standing right behind her looking forward so we can see how baby is laying, and one full side view right down at her level. This will help us see the positioning of that precious little one and give us some good clues, hopefully.

side view, she looks bigger in real life but i'm still hating her lack of foal belly

back view

Latest posts

Back