Avitars

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is my Pleasant Meadows Bucks Bay Blue son. Out of my King Supreme and Lutes Komo Dandy bred mare. He is 34" tall and was born to trot. He will be in driving training for the 2006 show season.
aktion033.gif

I can't wait.

This little girl is Post Rock Farms Aspen Gold. This picture was taken shortly after she was first hooked to the cart. I just love her to death!

MINE IS MY BELOVED HERD SIRE DICKENS...FLIGHT OF FANCYS GREAT EXPECTATIONS.

THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN BY MY FRIEND JODY HOCH AT THE WORLD SHOW RIGHT BEFORE WE WON THE 2004 AMHA AOTE WORLD CHAMPION SINGLE PLEASURE DRIVING TITLE.

DICKENS IS ONE OF THOSE UNFORGETTABLE HORSES FOR ME...HE AND I JUST HAVE THIS CONNECTION...A FRIENDSHIP AND UNDERSTANDING.

HE WON HIS FIRST NATIONAL TITLE WITH MIKE McCABE 8 YEARS AGO...HE WENT INTO RETIREMENT SIRED SOME AMAZING GET AND, BY FATE ONE WINTER NIGHT HE ENTERED MY LIFE. SHORTLY, AFER HE CAME TO LIVE WITH ME HE BECAME ILL...

IT WAS TOUCH AND GO AND, I SPENT MANY MONTHS NURSING HIM BACK TO HEALTH - ...IT NEVER, NEVER ENTERED MY MIND THAT I WOULD SOON BE GETTING HIM BACK IN HARNESS AND, DRIVING HIM AND, DRIVE HIM TO A WORLD TITLE THAT VERY SAME YEAR, I WOULD BE HAPPY JUST TO SEE HIM HEALTHY...

THE ODDS WHERE AGAINST US IN MANY WAYS...HOW MANY HORSES CAN STILL COMPETE AT A NATIONAL LEVEL ALMOST A DECADE LATER, ...IT WAS WILD...INFACT THE LAST TIME DICKENS WAS DRIVEN WAS 8 YEARS PRIOR WHEN HE HAD WON WITH MIKE.

I DUNNO HE JUST HAS THIS HEART...AND, GIVES EVERYTHING HE HAS...HE HAS TAUGHT ME SO MUCH ABOUT LIFE...AND, IS A BLESSING BEYOND WORDS.

I AM SEEING THE SAME SPIRIT IN HIS FOALS...THE SAME LOOK IN THEIR BIG DARK EYES...IT WILL BE AN HONOR TO WATCH THEM GROW IN THEIR FATHERS SHADOW.

SORRY THIS BECAME SO LONG AND, TO MANY PERHAPS CORNY...GUESS BY NOW YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE AND RESPECT THIS SPECIAL LITTLE HORSE WHO I SHARE THE FRIENDSHIP OF A LIFETIME WITH...AGAIN SORRY FOR THE LENGTH.

LIS

The mare in my avatar is Cross Countrys Mountain Shadow. She is by Fishers Jim Dandy. She is a truly lovely mare, has produced an AMHA Ch. and Nat'l Top Ten daughter, and has some interesting Sabino/Splash coloring which I thought would be fun to cross with overo
rolleyes.gif
, but I seem to have accumulated more 32" to 34" mares than I intended (trying to stay in the 30" to 32" range), so am toying with the thought of listing her for sale.

Joyce said:
My Avatar is Little Folks First Lady who is known as Sweetie Pie and the first filly born here.  Every day when she wanted to nap, she'd trot up the ramp and sleep on the chaise lounge  on the deck.
440737[/snapback]

Joyce, I have always just loved that photo! Gets an 11 on a cuteness scale of 1-10!
wub.gif

Lisa I LOVE that picture- it really shows that Minis can do a proper, full extend form the shoulder - whilst thoroughly enjoying themselves!! I love Prince Charming- I have to say I went and looked at your website and I'd have bought him too!! He might just make a Champagne lover out of me- and you know I adore Dingle Snort, anyway. Right enough drooling
rolleyes.gif
The horse in my avatar is Rabbit, who is now 26 years old and is pictured with hos biggest handicap (ME!!) at the New Forest show last year where he went Champion and qualified (again) for the Horse Of the Year Show- we did not go as it was too late in the year for such an old horse. I bred Rabbit myself, he was just about the first Miniature I bred, and I was there when he was born at 5.30 in the morning of Sept 29th 1979. I also owned his sire (Fred) and Dam (Kitty) He has three of my own mares and two of a friends in foal for 2006 and has two foals this year- I sold a mare in foal to him and have never heard from them! Two of the mares in foal to him are his grand-daughters so I am quite excited
new_multi.gif

I've got several horses in my avatar. In order of appearance, my avatar shows:

Destiny -- a yearling stallion coming to me from Erica Killion. He's doing really well at the shows this year with many champion and grand champion wins.

DunIT -- a weanling gray-grullo colt who also comes from Erica! DunIT will be going to the AMHR Nationals with Erica, then to an AMHA in TN in October, and then he'll be coming home to VA.

Sunny -- a 7yo gelding who also comes to me from Erica. Sunny is a 3x National Champion, 6x Reserve National Champion, and Halter Hall of Fame (with about 200 points!). Sunny also will come to VA this October.

Derby -- 5yo palomino gelding (as of this past March!). He was shown successfully as a junior and senior stallion and is a great "all around" kind of horse who really does it all from halter, to driving, to jumping and obstacle. Derby is my FIRST ever show horse.

Jack -- yearling leopard gelding colt who I purchased from Rhapsody Rhodes of Appy Hollow Farm in Basset, VA. Jack is a wonderfully straight and correct colt with a beautiful head and tea cup muzzle. I plan for Jack to be a country pleasure driving type horse, both at the shows and just for fun at home.

Goldie -- 6yo silver bay dun (who looks palomino) halter and driving mare, maybe a future wife to DunIT and Destiny! Goldie is a very quiet and sweet mare. Goldie comes to me from CKC / Kim who's a good friend of mine.

Lonesome -- 4yo bay roan gelding who was also shown successfully as a junior and senior stallion.

Lou -- 11yo silver pinto mare who has shown well at halter and is a complete joy to drive. She's a horse you could drive down I95 and she would not bat an eye.

Skipper -- 2yo silver chestnut sabino roan gelding (pictured as a yearling) who is the son of Derby & Lou. Skipper is the first animal of any kind who's of my breeding and he has won multiple halter championships.

Spirit -- a 5yo silver dapple near leopard mare who has won many first places in multi color and also does very well in liberty. She is almost finished with her driving training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is Ms Laney, registered name Indian Peaks Porcelain Doll. She is a yearling now, I chose that one cuz I thought she looked sooo darn cute running. She definately is my buddy, and love showing her cuz she just will show her butt off for you.

Wish I had a rotating avatar - I'm not talented enough probably. Anyway, in our avatar is our really special filly, Oak Vista's Red Dawn. Red Dawn, for those of you who don't know was born with a broken femur and dislocated hip. She had surgery to repair the damage, but it didn't hold. Through wonderful care at Surgi-Care in Brandon and lots and lots of prayers she is doing wonderful today. It has fused in such a way that that leg will be a little shorter, but if you don't know there is something wrong with her you don't notice it. Tomorrow Kristy and I are taking her up for an x-ray which I hope will show she is ready to be turned out in a paddock. It is definitely time that she romps and plays like a normal baby - not to mention time that her mom, Calypso, gets to go out again. They have virtually lived for 3 months in mom's 12' x 12' stall - well, Dawn has lived in a 4' x 4' stall inside that stall. You all will probably hear me scream for joy (and I am sure sob too) if Dr. Annie tells me "TURN HER LOOSE." Keep your prayers coming please - we're almost there.
aktion033.gif

Barbie

Mine is 2M's Country Sunshine. First baby I bought and one of my first miniatures.

She has been my source of trial and error in bringing up baby for the last 4 years.

We have been through halter training, obstacle training, ground driving and now we are doing obstacle driving. We are actually winning some so maybe our years together will pay off as this is one of my favorite classes.

She is not great at anything but all the kids love her and I have at least one working with her each year. Bailey is 3 that is with her and they were a hit at Pacific Crown and Evergreen shows this year. Did halter and showmanship and she is learning to drive her now.

I have a great pleasure driving horse, JJ Hotshot Keep Me Klose for pleasure and roadster and some boys coming up to train out of Black Tie Affair.

So sunshine is my fun child and the kids pick to work with.

saludando.gif

My avitar is of my shetland colt, Bobcat......I purchased him from "Alphahorses" last year right before Congress....he was the Congress Reserve Champion Weanling Stallion last year and is the 2005 Area Five Grand Champion Stallion, Jr. Champion Stallion, Champion yearling halter stallion and yearling Futurity Champion Stallion......he's been with the trainer since I bought him and he will be coming home for the first time after Congress this year....I am excited about the prospect of handling and showing him myself!!!!

My avitar is of my first mini which I got this past March- What a Follys Cherries Jubilee. I've had big horse experience having shown A/O hunters and on the A circuit as well as Dressage, but this is the first mini I've been around. She keeps me laughing! What a pistol she is. She is currently living at a friends farm 'til he finishes building a stall in my barn for her. He calls her Rocket and I find I am calling her that more often then Cherry.
rolleyes.gif

Can someone tell me how to make the revolving avitar please?

Ella and Rocket Pony.

By far the bestest,,,,,,,,cutest,,,,,,,,,,,lovingest,,,,,,,,,,,,prettiest,,,,,,,,,funniest,,,, little miniature in the world!

V V's Picture Perfect Prints

I am really not bias or barn blind at all here with this little filly, really I'm not!!!!!!

I SAID I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

wub.gif

CAROLYN, YOU MAKE ME SMILE...AND, I AGREE 100% THAT IS ONE CUTE LITTLE GIRL
wub.gif
wub.gif
I LOVE HER COLOR AND HER NAME
aktion033.gif

LYN, AS ALWAYS...I LOVE ALL YOUR HORSES IN YOUR AVATOR...VERY, VERY NICE HORSES!!!!!! YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I LOVE EVERYONES STORIES TOO...VERY NEAT!!!!

LIS

Tandeelu said:
Can someone tell me how to make the revolving avitar please?
440841[/snapback]

Do a google search on "animated gif" and you'll find tools out there to make a "revolving" avitar

Tandeelu said:
My avitar is of my shetland colt, Bobcat......I purchased him from "Alphahorses" last year right before Congress....
And I'm so proud!
new_multi.gif
Mary has done such a great job of promoting him!

The momma is KDS Short Stuff Fea Toy Stormy 7 yrs and the baby is Aggravation Acres Envious Ernie. He was born 8 May 2005. At first we thought he was a buckskin, but after we cut all that baby fuze off he is a grullo.

They went to his first show on 7/24/05 at Meadville. He measured at 25.5 inches there. I think he did well for his age. He got 2 seconds in foal stallion, 2 thirds in solid color stallion/gelding and 2 seconds in owned, bred & shown by exhibitor under. And he and mom got 2 firsts in Mare & foal of current year 38 and under.

Mom got a 4th and a 6th place. But she was there mainly for Ernie.
yes.gif
you know the milk wagon, and to reasure him that everything was o.k.

And if anyone is interested he is for sale after he is weined (don't know if spelled right). We really wanted to keep him but he is related to 3/4 of our mares.
no.gif

Deb

My avatar is of our filly, "Kinneys Cowboys Alexis". She is the first foal born out of Cowboy's Country Gentleman, she is a yearling and we are very pleased with her.

Her dam is Lilliput Acres Perfectly Gold, this was her first foal as well.

Cowboy was shown by Larry Parnell for 5-6 years. Cowboy now resides on our farm in Iowa, standing at stud.

Mine is from a photo taken the day after Cody was born, with his mom Misty, my senior mare who I lost last week. It is a beautiful picture, with her mane captured perfectly by the wind...

I love Liz M's avatar & also Joyces; I do hope Vertical Limit posts on this thread - I love that one, too!!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back