AUGH! Venting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrah

Reaction score
So I need to vent!

I'm a dog groomer and work in a dog grooming shop with four other groomers. Two of the groomers almost always go home early without staying to help clean up leaving the other groomers to stay behind and pick up the slack. I am guilty of the same thing, but far more often then not I stay until all the chorse are finished. Anyways today one of the offending groomers said something to me that prompted me to make a joke about how they and the other groomer never stay to clean up. Apparently she harbored this resentment all day. I left work a little early today because I needed to meet someone at5. I cleaned up my work station and left. I forgot something so I had to come back and get it. As soon as I walk in the door the one groomer who always leaves early says "Aren't you going to @%$#ing clean the kennels?" I didn't take that to kindly and said excuse me but I don't think you're going to get any results from me if you ask me to do something like that. She then proceeded to call me a hypocrite and I left before I decided to punch her in the head.

Feeling pad I call to apologize for leaving and she starts telling me everything I do wrong everyday and how terrible I am and bringing up all these things that have nothing to do with the situation. She says all this and I'm just trying to apologize when she is the one who should probably apologize!

I can't believe it! The one day I decide to stand up for myself and the other groomers who get #$% on when she leaves early, and then she calls me a hypocrite!

I am I wrong here or what??!

In my experience when someone reacts that defensively it's because they already know they've behaved badly, but they don't want to acknowledge it. So having you tell her something she's been denying about herself probably hit a sore point. Of course if you also leave early it's not going to give you much leverage. Maybe you guys could work out a rotation system where everyone stays late on their set day to do the clean-up?

Its not any of your faults. Its the fault of the owner who does not lay down the law about everyone cleaning up their own stations before they leave, and addressing that sneaking out early deal. That's why none of you groomers are on the same page. Its the owner not setting the rules and letting you girls runamuck!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back