Are You Ready?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieGirl89

Reaction score
Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look what just came in the mail just in time for a 60° day tomorrow! Oh this will be an interesting day, I can tell you that much for sure. Fasten your seatbelts kids, it's showtime.

20130403_163410_zpse79a75e7.jpg

I'm so jealous. I can't wait to clip but I'm going to hold myself back until May so I won't have to blanket anyone. It still gets close to freezing at night.

I still need to order some new blades for the big clip but I did all the bridle paths and got rid of the Mohawks they were sporting a couple of days ago. Clipped the underside of one guys neck and jaw too so I could get a better idea what was going on under all that wooliness. I would love nothing more than to just shave em all but it still gets very cold here at night (water freezes about 1/2 inch deep) so I will wait until they aren't standing on snow and ice and it is warm enough for t-shirts at sundown. After that I'll only need to blanket on the colder nights.

Wish I could clip my horses! We are still dealing with temps in the 30's at night even though it warms up during the day.

Have fun!

I just looked at the weather forecast and it's only supposed to be in the low 40's at night, so they're still going to get a blanket. I hope the weather really starts to get hot here soon. Fingers crossed! And hopefully the weather is correct and it's nice tomorrow, or I'm gonna be so bummed.

Well, it's spring here so it's SNOWING!!!

I clipped my colt's head and neck then had to put a blanket on him as, in spite of being in a stall at night, he was shivering....

Have fun with the Andis, they are good clippers.

I'm a cheater! I already started, we have our first show in three weeks, and although it is still cool here, especially at night, I had to get a head start in order to get an idea on if I needed to add or decrease grain and excersize. I gave my two show horses a rough in clip two weeks ago, and of course they must be blanketed and they are in the indoor which is really warm during the day and so so at night. This weekend it is going into 70's, of course that remains to be seen, and of course the night will be colder, but I'm going to bath and give them a finish clip all over. Very excited as so far they are both looking very good. I use my heavy duty clippers on the body, but I too use the andis for heads and legs, much lighter on my hands and quieter for my horses, not to mention less vibration on their sensitive spots. Have fun!

I need to reduce grain and gain exercise! When I lunged Spirit yesterday his belly was jiggling at a jog, it was pretty funny. And yeah I noticed the andis are soooo quiet! Blew my mind, I think I'm gonna wait till the weather report doesn't lie to me and it's going to be nice during the day and so-so at night. It's not bad here but I think I'm going to do it next week.

I'm a cheater! I already started, we have our first show in three weeks, and although it is still cool here, especially at night, I had to get a head start in order to get an idea on if I needed to add or decrease grain and excersize. I gave my two show horses a rough in clip two weeks ago, and of course they must be blanketed and they are in the indoor which is really warm during the day and so so at night. This weekend it is going into 70's, of course that remains to be seen, and of course the night will be colder, but I'm going to bath and give them a finish clip all over. Very excited as so far they are both looking very good. I use my heavy duty clippers on the body, but I too use the andis for heads and legs, much lighter on my hands and quieter for my horses, not to mention less vibration on their sensitive spots. Have fun!
Post pictures of your clipping!!! I wanna see clipped mini's!
default_yes.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Enjoy! Post pics when you are done. Nights still a bit chilly here, but itching to clip!

We are doing the same thing! Temps have finally warmed up. Have fun!

Jullie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

I'll post pics when I'm done! they only have a rough clip right now, gona bath the filly and finish her tomorrow, hopefully, as I also need to go get hay.

Latest posts

Back