Are you having Rain or Snow this week?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I forgot to say that I did not use my new clippers yet. Used the old ones on
Oatie because his coat is so thick. Did not want to put wear and tear on the new ones until I have to. Oddly enough, the old ones ran great this time.

Glad you are both starting to see some change in the weather. The weather forecast here is predicting a couple of mls of rain Monday. Its a start to what we need here :)

Oh, I forgot to say that I did not use my new clippers yet. Used the old ones on
Oatie because his coat is so thick. Did not want to put wear and tear on the new ones until I have to. Oddly enough, the old ones ran great this time.

You frightened them by having the replacement clippers. Bet they are afraid of being put in the trash can.

Severe weather supposed to be heading this way this afternoon. There is so much hyperbole. It's like the fable of crying wolf. Makes me just not want to take it seriously. Why does everything have to be so sensationalized?

I saw that on the news at noontime today and thought of you.
We go through the same hype with winter storms every year and usually the "storm of the decade" or whatever they choose to label it ends up being a heavy snow flurry.
That being said, stay safe if it gets bad. Seeing the footage of the tornados from yesterday was both awe inspiring and frightening.

From the sou.ds.lf it, ignore the warning.gs at your own peril. Sometimes it is not crying wolf--sometimes they get it right (like the bomb cyclone storm that hit the midwest earlier this year) Better to prepare and take cover both nothing happens than to be caught out totally unsuspecting. Think how angry people would be if the warnings were nothing much and then there were multiple deaths because "no one warned us"

Hope everyone is safe!!

Last year they predicted one of the worst storms in the last 50yrs. It ended up being a fizz, but we were well prepared, which is better than not to be at all.

Just checking in to see how you faired yesterday. I had the weather channel on in the late afternoon and Oklahoma looked like it was getting clobbered.

Saw that it was to go into Missouri also. So, if you're in those areas please check in and let us know how you are.

Glad to read all is ok. I was hoping you were ok when I was watching the news last night , they showed many twisters destroying everything in its path.

Our son, who is in insurance, reckons June 1 as the first safe date. May is the worst month for storms. Looks like we are safe for tonight in our area.
Did you get more rain, Ryan? Not sure what 15 mls is... Is this coming on for the rainy season for your area?

Glad to read you're safe . We have had a little rain, not enough, but more is predicted next week. Our wettest months are usually Aug-Oct but the last few years its been very scarce.

Some roads around us still closed due to high water and just got word the water is off again--high river took out the water lines again. If the power goes out with storms tonight we will be like pioneers of old!

We are usually too wet but are now in an extremely dry period, grass is shriveling trees don't look so good, I have lost my orange tree. Temp was 99 degrees yesterday. Horses lazing a lot under the trees and drinking a lot of water, refilling tubs twice a day and I refreshed their salt. I do not wish to complain because of jinxing things. Water floods will get us sooner or later. Hard to read about all those horrific tornadoes hope you all are safe out there. I found fresh cut of the year Sat, so happy.
Remembering all our brave soldiers of wars today.

Latest posts

Back