Are you having Rain or Snow this week?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We broke a record in western Wisconsin, for snow fall in February. We got over 53 inches. This has been one looong winter. And the below zero temps, too, are nuts, had 40 below here a few weeks ago (and that wasn't the wind chill). Spring sure will feel great this year!

We also broke weather records here this year. Hottest on record. Its been about 39 degrees over the last week here. We have terrible bushfires burning out of control across the state , I can see & smell the smoke from the Bunyip fire. It is supposed to cool down and rain is forecast for Wednesday & I really hope we get heaps !

Anyone near or effected by the tornados across lower Alabama and Georgia? Are you okay?

Rain rain rain rain rain mud mud mud mud mud. Florida - where is the sunshine in the sunshine state?

Same here with the rain! Forecast calls for 2 more days before we get a break. Really looking forward to it but will take a while for it to dry up.

Just another area patience is needed with horsmanship. I am fixated with the weather report. Keep telling myself to get busy with my taxes, but who wants to do that?!!!

It is so cold here. Well, not as cold as some other areas are, but cold enough to wear two layers and insulated overalls. By the time the end of the day rolls around I am tired from the cold and lugging around about 20 extra pounds of clothing. I am weary :(. And whiney ;).

Its cold here in southeastern Wisconsin. Suppose to be close to 40s tomorrow (Friday), rain and snow Sat into Sunday. Will Spring ever come?

SouthEast had thunderstorms and wind yesterday, but today was such a beautiful day. The motorcyclist were out and so were a few convertibles. I think it got up to 73*F.

Even though the temps have moderated, I think we've only had one day of sunshine in the last 10 days. So strange for our Oklahoma prairie! We are not used to being sun-deprived. I have some pots on a "sunny" windowsill to sprout and they are sulking.

Right now it’s 70 and a window open to the night. BUT, we get to pay for it tomorrow as that big storm front will be brushing us with winds high enough to be damaging and some rain. I hope any that are around Denver and surrounding are is okay from all the snow and high winds.

We had a storm come through today. Must be part of the weather that is in Colorado. I’m tired of winter and rain.

Today is the 2nd time in less than a week that a Colorado low has missed us. We are getting wind tonight from the storm going past to the south but no snow.

It is starting to cool down. The nights are definitely cooler ( the cucumbers and zucchinis are dying off). My Driveway maples are starting to turn red and drop leaves

No significant rain here as yet. Parts of the country have had heaps, seems to be missing where I am.

Hope it is starting to warm up there !

We are thawing out. It has been in the 40's all week and tomorrow it will be 60. I hope that by tomorrow the very last of the snow will be gone :)
My new clippers arrived today. In another two weeks, give or take, I should be able to clip Cappy. My welsh pony is shedding heavily, I really hope mother nature finishes taking care of his coat this year. It is looking hopeful. Usually he doesn't shed much and I have to clip him too :( He is a hairy beast with feathers like Clydesdale.​

Last edited:
How is the thawing coming along Cayuse ? Hope you get to use your new clippers soon :)

The nights are much colder here now , Love this time of the year, just wish we would get some much needed rain.

Spring is too unpredictable here to clip yet. Days are still cool enough that the yak fur isn't making them too uncomfortable. It's just unattractive. Kind of like a room with too much dusty, messy stuff in it. I'd love to tidy them up, but it's too soon. We've been beautiful spring for a few days, but the north wind came through last night.

It has warmed up. The sun is out and the mud is drying up.
I did clip today! Celebrated Spring by dusting off the clippers and giving the welsh pony a trace clip. I will finish him up next week. I blanket him so he won't get chilly. He has been SO itchy this week and the hair coming off of him is so overwhelming that I can't stand it. It gets EVERYWHERE and I can brush forever and not make a dent in it. It is so satisfying to see most of it gone! Cappy's next :D.
I remembered Marsha's post about the
How is the thawing coming along Cayuse ? Hope you get to use your new clippers soon :)

The nights are much colder here now , Love this time of the year, just wish we would get some much needed rain.
hair/ivermectin/bad for birds connection and bagged his fur and put it in the trash instead of sweeping it outside.
Hope you get some rain soon, Ryan.

Latest posts

Back