April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Dixie is just SOOO stunning! just perfect markings and such a lovely colour you must be so thrilled Hazel! I'm watching again today sorry for being slack would love an update on Delilah please
default_smile.png
also how is April and her gorgoeus young man doing?? :D

Miss Dixie is such a love bug. Her hair is sooo soft. I am in love with her coloring. She looks beautiful running out in the paddock. Momma is still pretty protective. I couldn't leave her and Delilah out very long together. May have to wait a few more days for that. And maybe by then Delilah will have her little one and It won't be such a big deal.

Delilah has done a little more shopping, but still has a way to go compared to April. Delilah is very edgey and jumpy tonight. Didn't want me to mess with her at all. Even after I got down eye level and talked with her. Not sure what that is about, but she did a few good rolls while she was out and she pooped alot today. None of it was cow patties tho. Her sides are not real rounded, but I'm not sure baby is in position yet.

April and Eddy are doing very good. Eddy is letting me give him a few sctatches now and doesn't run away quite as much. He's not the lovebug that Dixie is, but he has a wonderful personality. Very curious (sp). April is feeding him very well. I'll have to try to get some new pics of him to post. I don't think that Dixie has figured out that there is another little one close. She doesn't go close to that fence and Eddy doesn't nicker at her. Eddy just plays and pesters his momma.

You know, Mary was not very happy with me being near her udder the day she foaled. Also, none of the manure she passed before foaling was very cow patty like consistency- just a little looser than normal, but still formed.

Thank you.
default_thumbup.gif
The day April foaled she didn't have any of the normal signs either. I'm just trying not to get too excited and be disappointed if she doesn't foal tonight.
default_whistling.gif
I would love to see what she has been cooking for us.
default_wub.png
. It seems like I have been waiting forever for her to foal.
default_thud.gif

Thank you.
default_thumbup.gif
The day April foaled she didn't have any of the normal signs either. I'm just trying not to get too excited and be disappointed if she doesn't foal tonight.
default_whistling.gif
I would love to see what she has been cooking for us.
default_wub.png
. It seems like I have been waiting forever for her to foal.
default_thud.gif
Oh I know the feeling
default_smile.png
but you also know that it will soon end, with the result being a little bundle of joy
default_smile.png

I can't wait to see what she has been cooking too!

Now that I know how Mary behaves before foaling, and during pregnancy, I feel a lot more prepared for any potential future births with her
default_smile.png

Yep. This is a learning experience for us all. And they may act differently next time. I am keeping notes to refer to next time, but I'm not going to expect them to act exactly the same each time. At least I'll have a base to go from and take it from there.

How is your little one doing?

Yep. This is a learning experience for us all. And they may act differently next time. I am keeping notes to refer to next time, but I'm not going to expect them to act exactly the same each time. At least I'll have a base to go from and take it from there.

How is your little one doing?
She is doing great
default_smile.png
Im about to give Mary her evening meal, and I'm going to sit in there for a bit with them
default_smile.png

Poor Delilah, just still standing and watching little Dixie !! Come on Delilah, we're all waiting to see what you're cooking. I personally can't wait, as I just KNOW it's going to be another gorgeous baby like Dixie -- but this time with Tobiano and maybe Overo patterning. I'm hoping for a filly this time too so you can add another beauty to your pretty herd.

Come on Delilah -- wha'cha cooking???
I peeped in at her at 4:00 and she looked like she was waiting to be served breakfast in bed. Or maybe just studying the menu.

It's been hitting 100 degrees Farenheit nearly everyday this week so all the girls are uncomfortable. Bless thier hearts It has been miserable all week. I've got new pics of Delilah. This girl is going to drive me nuts :arg! ! I thought April wanted to write a new chapter to the book,
default_new_rofl.gif
I think Delilah wants to write a whole new book
default_new_rofl.gif
. I've got to laugh or I'll cry.

100_0207.jpg

100_0209.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0206.jpg

I'm going out to feed now and will test her milk and let ya'll know what it says.

oh geez Delilah!! what are you doing to us!!! your poor mummy wants to see your baby so you better start with that milk production Missy! or else!!

Diane, that's what's so frustating. I'm not feeling any foal movement. Of course I felt foal movement in Vernica early and then nothing later in her preggers state. The same with Delilah I'm not feeling anything like I did with April. Maybe this is going to be a people friendly FILLY like Dixie
default_thumbup.gif
She doesn't want to kick like Eddy.
default_whistling.gif

Let the girls out this evening and Delilah did quite a few rolls. Maybe she is trying to get this baby in position. She didn't finish her hay or grain today, but it was pertty hot. I'm not sure that it means anything. I didn't milk test tonight. It was so nice to let both girls out today. Vernica has decided that it's ok for Delilah to be out at the same time with Dixie. It was so relaxing to sit in the shade and watch them grazing and Dixie running and getting her exercise. She has a beutiful little run. A little upheaded and tail flaging. I'll have to try videoing it and figure out how to post it.

Eddy is doing really well. He is still shy about letting me pet him, I've got to get in with him more. He finally noticed Dixie today, but was not too interested in playing. There is a fence between them for a little while yet. I'm trying to be cauious about too many new changes. Don't want anyone freaking out.

Son Rise is home! And he is beautiful!!

I will be taking pic tomorrow and posting so you can see our beautiful little man. He has slicked out and absolutely gorgous color Very deep rich looking dark red.

Yippeee I can't wait to see pics of him
default_smile.png
delilah looks great if only she would give up her pretty parcel.

Latest posts

Back