April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adorable
default_smile.png

She's such a pretty girl Hazel - thanks for the pictures!

2.0am and all quiet, Dixie has been trying to itch her ear with her back leg - love it when they do that, wobbling about and almost overbalancing, but determined to have that scratch. LOL!!

Delilah was snoozing, but something outside caught her interest and disturbed her - come on Delilah, stop the snoozing and get down to showing us that baby!
default_yes.gif

Yay so glad to hear our precious little girl is doing so well
default_smile.png
well done Vernica and Congrats hazel
default_smile.png

come on Delilah we want to see your baby now please

Morning Hazel...hows the nursery doing today? For somereason I cant see your cam today...is it still on? My computer is being very slow (sort of like Delilah ) so most likely its the computer. Are you having this terrible hot weather too? I have lots planned today but not sure how much i'll get done outside.

Well hope all is well and will see if I can see your ladies in a bit

Good morning Heidi, Yes the cam it up and all in the nursery are doing well.
default_thumbup.gif
Hot weather? oh yes
default_thumbdown.gif
I've got a lot to get done outside also and ma thinking It's not going to be fun.

Delilah is still being slow. her milk test dropped a little yesterday 6.8 so we'll see what today brings. I got to get outside so I'll check in on everyone later. Have a wonderful day everyone and try no to get too hot Heidi.

Good evening everyone.
default_thumbup.gif
Dalton is here
default_thumbup.gif
and his first words were. "She is a cutie" So of course we had

fun time with Everyone and the new baby.Dixie. We have lots of pics so here we go. What do you think of the two.

100_0196.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0204.jpg

Can you tell he is in love with Dixie?

Oh those pictures are brilliant, so glad that Dalton has his friendly foal at last!

You really are having trouble with the hot weather and the midges/flies arn't you, even little Dixie was working her little tail like mad yesterday, bless her.

Have you got any pictures of them outside yet - I bet Dixie looks more like a racehorse in minaiture when she's running, she's such an active little lady!
default_yes.gif

Delilah is testing 6.8 this evening. Dixie and Vernica got to go out today and I have a couple of pics She is so adorable.

DSC_0804.jpg

She loves to carry her tail high.

DSC_0803.jpg

Dixie is gorgeous!

I am as usual never caught up on who is foaling. Just saw the pix. Congratulations.

Oh she is so beautiful Hazel - what a fantastic colour!! Vernica looks so well too.
default_yes.gif

She is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what Delilah has made us wait so long for!

Thank you Vickie. Sometimes it's hard for me to stay up on all the foaling too so not to worry.

Dixie and Vernica had their time out today also. Little miss Dixie really loves to keep her momma hopping to stay up with her. I think Momma wears out before baby. Either that or Momma says that's enough for now and heads to the stall and of course Dixie follows. It is so much enjoyment to watch them with their dynamics.

Dalton worked with Daniela for a little while this evening also. He kept saying he was ready to go to the show. We did some grooming too, so he is getting used to that part of caring for a horse too. And of course he loves to help feed. Dalton counts out the cups of feed for each one and we have a certain color of feed bucket for each one so he learns colors also. Can you tell I'm a little bit proud of him?

Delilah is still testing a 6.8. I let her out for a little while this evening too. I'm thinking I might try letting her and Vernica out at the same time tomorrow. They usually run together, but I was wondering how they would do with Dixie out too. Do ya'll think it's too early to have the three out at the same time?

Thank you Vickie. Sometimes it's hard for me to stay up on all the foaling too so not to worry.

Dixie and Vernica had their time out today also. Little miss Dixie really loves to keep her momma hopping to stay up with her. I think Momma wears out before baby. Either that or Momma says that's enough for now and heads to the stall and of course Dixie follows. It is so much enjoyment to watch them with their dynamics.

Dalton worked with Daniela for a little while this evening also. He kept saying he was ready to go to the show. We did some grooming too, so he is getting used to that part of caring for a horse too. And of course he loves to help feed. Dalton counts out the cups of feed for each one and we have a certain color of feed bucket for each one so he learns colors also. Can you tell I'm a little bit proud of him?

Delilah is still testing a 6.8. I let her out for a little while this evening too. I'm thinking I might try letting her and Vernica out at the same time tomorrow. They usually run together, but I was wondering how they would do with Dixie out too. Do ya'll think it's too early to have the three out at the same time?
Yep, that Dalton is quiet the little helper. Reminds me a lot of my five year old grandson.

My mares just don't allow another horse around their new baby for a week or so but yours could be different. No doubt yours will let you know whether or not she is ok with it.

Hi hazel, I am trying to catch up with your girls. Dixie is just a dream come true and Vernica is doing great for a first time mum.

Dalton is a lucky boy spending time with you and learning so much
default_smile.png

I have had no problems putting my girls together but just make sure they have plenty of space so Vernica can tske Dixie away to if she wants some peace. I remember Jenny had bug problems so just keep an eye on them so you can step in if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back