April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked cam, and this morning there is a black spot along the top of the picture, towards the middle. The foals are so cute.

We've had some rain and little DD is no longer white and Eddy is looking sorta brown and black
DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

They aren't too sure about one another. I haven't tried letting Dixie and DD out together yet. Not too sure how the mommas will act and I don't want some one hurt.

Oh she is just gorgeous, never mind the dirt - perhaps she wanted to add some of the colour you thought she was going to be born with, LOL!!

And Eddie looks HUGE - but what a handsome little lad!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your little girl is GORGEOUS and such a pretty little head. You must be so pleased with her. And definitely lots more pics required.

Dixie and DD met today without the fence
DSC_0737-1.jpg

of course they had to see who was faster
DSC_0739.jpg

Then they weren't sure about one another
DSC_0743.jpg

But decided in the end to make friends
DSC_0746.jpg

it was fun watching them play and interact with each other and Diane you were right the moms got along fine.
default_thumbup.gif
. I haven't added april and Eddy into the mix yet. Not too sure about it. I know he wants to play too. I watched him while they were playing and could tell he wanted to play too.

Oh what beautiful pictures - the girls look great and I noticed the Mums doing a bit of together grooming! Can you run April next to them for a few days so they all get to know each other before actually being in together?

Keep those pictures coming please.
default_yes.gif

Thank you ladies. April, Delilah and Vernica have been sharing a fence when the girls are out, but April always seems to stand at the part that is not shared. She may go over for a bit, but then goes back. I let April in one time. She was still very protective of Eddy so I took her back out because I didn't want something to happen. This was about a couple of weeks ago with Dixie and Vernica.

default_doh.gif
Diane, I hadn't thought of a long lead line. I'll try that this weekend and see how things go. If they are good I'll post pics of the three together.

Can't believe I missed this when she was born, what a stunner!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

awww love all the pictures! They are so cute together! And I love how their mamas are grooming each other in the background.

Thanks ladies, I had to work today and got home late so they didn't get to get out and play like I had planned.

Wings, All three foals were born 2wks and 1 day apart. Starting with Eddy on May 3rd, a Thursday, then Dixie on may 18th, a Firday and last, but by no means lest DD was born June 4th, a Saturday. How are your girls doing?

Thanks ladies, I had to work today and got home late so they didn't get to get out and play like I had planned.

Wings, All three foals were born 2wks and 1 day apart. Starting with Eddy on May 3rd, a Thursday, then Dixie on may 18th, a Firday and last, but by no means lest DD was born June 4th, a Saturday. How are your girls doing?

Obviously your girls had it all planned out
default_new_rofl.gif

My girls are looking good, we've just gone into winter now so they're all super fluffy. Eager for foaling to get here!

oh I love all those pics! thank you Hazel! I hope that Eddy gets to play with them really soon
default_smile.png
can't have the little man missing out! poor bubba!!

dixie is just SOOOOO lovely! and DD is such a gorgeous young lady!! can we see how big Eddy is now please?? poor little man, I miss him!

Some mares need more time
default_sad.png
I still can't put Britt and Odette together cos Odette would kill Merlin if he went near Arthur
default_sad.png
I hope she chills out soon.

April lost her last two foals and she has really been protective of Eddy. I think losing those foals has made her over protective. She still wants to stay between me and Eddy so I'm not going to push the issue. Like Diane suggested, when I let them all together again I'll have a long lead ine on April just in case I need to get them seperated quickly.

Good for you Hazel in giving April plenty of time. Why some folk just wont understand that all horses are different - different ways, different likes etc - I dont know! I hate it when I see folks ask 'why doesn't my mare do/like so and so' (just because other horses do like and do so and so!), when a little common sense and understanding would soon sort the problem out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I'm sure it wont take much longer for April to feel happy to let Eddy become part of the family, and a good idea of keepig her on a lead for the first few times you try to get everyone together - you will soon know when she is ready without anyone getting stressed or hurt.
default_yes.gif

I so agree Anna, what is the problem in giving them some extra time? We wait for 11 months so we can wait a little longer
default_smile.png
Jenny didn't manage to put her girls together at all.

Latest posts

Back