April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly Anna!

I used to joke "horses are people too" to try and get some people to remember these guys can be just as individual as we are.

It's always nice to see owners taking care to do things to suit the horse... of course most of us around here wouldn't dream of offending a broodmare
default_new_rofl.gif
Imagine what they would do to us the following year!

Well, we tried the girls together for a little bit this evening.
default_thumbup.gif
I acutally had to get after Delilah to not be mean to April.
default_whistling.gif
We did pretty good, but they will not be out together unless I'm there for a little while
default_thumbup.gif
. Delilah and Vernica actually discovered a part of the paddock they never go to and it has some pretty good grazing on it. April went right to it
default_yes.gif
. The foals stayed pretty close to mommas. It was wonderful watching them.

Dalton is putting the lead on Daniela by himself and bringing her out to graze. She is so very good with him and he with her. They make a good team.
default_cheekkiss.gif
. Getting excited to see how they do in the ring together.
default_firstprize.gif

DSC_0766.jpg
Now if the mommas would learn as quick as the babies did

I really like this one. They all look so cute. DD and Eddy visited more

DSC_0798a.jpg

But of course Eddy had to show off his moves

DSC_0745a.jpg

and
DSC_0740a.jpg

he is such a mess

DSC_0739a.jpg

Watching them play and run and buck is relaxing. Helps to unwind at the end of the day.

NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are ALL gorgeous! I too love that pic of Eddy and DD! what posers! thanks for the pics Hazel I love your kids they are stunning! :D xxx

Thank you Cassie. I'm pretty proud of them. I just love to be out there watching them interact and coming for their scratches. Then off they go again.
default_xreiter.gif

Oh what wonderful pictures - they make the perfect little trio!!
default_thumbup.gif

And yes, there is nothing quite so relaxing (or enjoyable) as sitting watching the babies play and interact together - bliss!!
default_yes.gif

Well, the wedding is over. Mathew ( this is Dalton's older brother) is on his honeymoon with his new bride
default_thumbup.gif
. Grandson Dustin is here for the weekend and helping get things done
default_thumbup.gif
. Farrier is due here in the morning at about 8 then he goes to New Deal for the rest of the horses
default_xreiter.gif
. I think I fixed the cam
default_whistling.gif
sorry about mispelling it earlier. Me and that phone go round and round on the spelling sometimes.
default_thud.gif
We had to clean stalls so no new pics
default_thumbdown.gif
. I looked at the waether a minute ago and we are suppose to get another thunderstorm in about 2 hours. It's headed our way. Looks like we might get another 1/2 inch or so. Just hope there is no hail.
default_pray.gif

Hey! We've got green grass now
default_thumbup.gif
. This rain has been wonderful. My back is looking very nice. of course the horse are thrilled to have something besides hay. I don't let them out all day on it tho. The cam should be working so you can see DD is growing and I'm not sure if you can see Dixie real well tonight. We turned the overhead light off to cute down on the bugs it attracts. I saw a blister bug this evening so we need to be careful with them around. I'll try to get some new pics tomorrow to post.

oh I can kinda see them lol its a little bit blury. LOL whats a blister bug? glad we dnt have them here by the sounds of it... LOL

glad you have grass yippee! I couldn't imagine not having grass! I love our grass and I hate it when the mini's eat it ALL lol oh well.

congrats on your grandsons wedding! wow! very awesome!!

Belated congrats on the Wedding Hazel - and pics are great and very welcome. So glad everyone seems to be settled now.
default_yes.gif

The babies are looking fab and I love the 2nd pic too. All thats missing is a bottle of suds LOL

DSC_1671.jpg
April is doing better in the herd. Delilah is still being a little bit tacky, but not bad. Here are some new pics. DD is not being nice. then

DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1667.jpg

Then of course we have the two buddies

DSC_1666.jpg

Son Rise is doing good with his driving. Am going to be hitching him this weekend for some more work. I'll try to get pics then. We are getting ready for a show next month in Glen Rose. Dalton, Shayna, and Amber will be going. It all the classes you want for a set price, so they will be showing a lot in different classes. Busy next couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll pass them on to Mathew and Alicia.

We turned the lights off in the barn for a little bit. Sorry it's not a great pic now. Maybe I can get some more christmas lights to put up there.

NAW thanks for the piccies! you might need to put some sunscreen on those gorgeous little white nosed babies with your sun, I should have done that last season with Penny will have to do it this summer
default_smile.png

they are all so beautiful! are you going to repeat any matings next year Hazel?

Sorry, I forgot that part. Juan and April will probably be repeated. Delilah, Vernica, and probably Daniela will be bred to Son Rise. I'm not sure about the other mare. Velvet is 17 now and I don't have any foaling history on her at all. Dolly is 3 (just) and Cloe is 2 so I'm not so sure about breeding either one of them this year.

Latest posts

Back