APB - Help find Stolen Mini Mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How crazy! HORRIBLE! WHy wouldn't they take the baby?? Weird! I am in northern FL in Jasper and I live next to the AG station and down the rd from the feed store. I can post a WANTED mini mares for "breeding?" you never know. Also won't they be in your county??? There is no way around Ag stations unless they blew them and hid the mares in a tack room or somthing.?? I am just sooo sorry. Why would people do such a nasty thing?!

that is somewhat the good news I also hear FL is one of the hardest states to get in and out of paperwork wise of course with minis they can hide them somewhere in a tack room or something.

Very very scary!

I know how painful it is to have horses stolen (some were stolen from a new owner that I sold to in 1998, a mare in foal w/her weanling by side).

It is so hard not knowing where your loved ones are, and the leaving of the newborn is just inexcusable as well.

I'm so sorry for them and I will pass this along to other animal groups, never know....

Liz M.

that is somewhat the good news I also hear FL is one of the hardest states to get in and out of paperwork wise of course with minis they can hide them somewhere in a tack room or something.

Very very scary!

Lisa has made a very good point. Florida is a PAIN for transporters both in AND out.......They require all trailers to stop, even if empty. However, two mini mares could be hidden in a tackroom -- as long as they didn't make noise.
default_unsure.png
:

That just could raise the chances that the two girls are still in Florida somewhere.

MA

Is there any way the state can be contacted, to give them a heads up on looking EVERYwhere in every trailer or truck that passes? Yes, I think they are still in FL, but people falsify papers too, so.... ??

This is sickening and horrible and I sure hope she gets them back. I know the ones stolen here a couple of years ago were never found.

How crazy! HORRIBLE! WHy wouldn't they take the baby?? Weird! I am in northern FL in Jasper and I live next to the AG station and down the rd from the feed store. I can post a WANTED mini mares for "breeding?" you never know. Also won't they be in your county??? There is no way around Ag stations unless they blew them and hid the mares in a tack room or somthing.?? I am just sooo sorry. Why would people do such a nasty thing?!
I think this is a great idea!!! Can the owner be asked if she's OK with it? I think it may bring in some info.

This just makes me sick. How could they leave the foal behind like that? I'm so sorry for Ellen and her son. I pray their horses are returned to them safely.....can't we go back to the old days when they hung horse thieves?

The Ag stations do inspect my dressing room/ tack room frequently. Soooo hopefully they are hidden and someone will find them.

Is there any way the state can be contacted, to give them a heads up on looking EVERYwhere in every trailer or truck that passes? Yes, I think they are still in FL, but people falsify papers too, so.... ??

This is sickening and horrible and I sure hope she gets them back. I know the ones stolen here a couple of years ago were never found.
I agree - I know plenty of people in law enforcement that do trailer checks. I'm sure if they were made aware of this event that maybe they would look a little closer. Time is crucial though!

How so heart breaking for the owners. How could they leave the foal. :no: :no:

I will keep them in my prayers for the safe return.

Vicky

Hello,

I just spoke with Ellen and she wanted me to let ya'll know she gives her permission to post her mare's photos and contact information at your local Ag Stations, feed stores, or where ever else possible. She sends her thanks to you all too, for all your help, concern and prayers.

For Law Enforcement contact, if these mares are seen or any leads to follow up with, please contact the Marion County Sheriff's Office. Even though the town of Umatilla is in Lake County, but her actual street she lives on is one street over into the Marion County District, so they have taken her report and statement through the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Also, Debi & Linda from Net Posse have been in contact with her, so they might be posting her info there soon as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for all your prayerful support and incredible offerings of help on Ellen's behalf. We're hopefull that we'll see news of her mares home with her soon.

Warmest regards,

Tanya

I'm not sure, but I think the only actual check stations are up in the northern parts of the state along the state lines, and also along the Suwannee River. Within the lower counties though, there's nothing to stop them from crossing county to county unless they happen to commit a traffic violation or something that might alert traffic patrol for a stop.

As for crossing state lines though, or even water ways, heaven forbid, we can only hope & pray those check points will be able to stop any attempts to cross them.

How horrible!! I will certainly keep and eye and ear out in our area. But dont count on them getting caught at the Ag. station. Minis can be transported in the back of covered pick up trucks, mini vans or SUVs and those are not required to be inspected at the ag stations. And if they are thieves they probably know that!

BEst wishes for the poor mares and their owners.

How horrible!! I will certainly keep and eye and ear out in our area. But dont count on them getting caught at the Ag. station. Minis can be transported in the back of covered pick up trucks, mini vans or SUVs and those are not required to be inspected at the ag stations. And if they are thieves they probably know that!

BEst wishes for the poor mares and their owners.
Good thinking Jen, criminals always know the loopholes.
default_wacko.png
: Perhaps local and state toll companies should be notified as well, to help keep a look out for travelers that might show any signs of traveling with a mini horse inside their vehicles. I'll pass this on to Ellen too, hopefully authorities working with her will already know too.

How sad - when they are caught I would be tempted to say "hang them".

Posting at the Ag stations might help. When we brought our first ones home from Fl. We stopped at the station on I95 all they wanted was to make copies of our paper work they never looked in the trailer or the guy with a load of draft horses. we both had decided to water and check on our loads while there but not a sole ever looked our way after checking our paper work. We had a 26' gooseneck with only 3 minis. I would have thought they would think that was not normal.

Hoping the find the mares!

Mark

Tanya

You might want to contact Ronnie Clifton and his wife about this directly and ask that they keep their eyes & ears open - they have the Mt Airie Sale in North Carolina comming up in about a week and no doubt will have a lot of horses comming & going - might be that these people will try to peddle these horses thru the sale, or even sell them "out the backdoor" so to speak, as in contacting people in the parking lot, etc

If they are aware, then they can at least watch things very closely.

What a horrible thing for anyone to do - I do hope they catch these thugs and put them away for a good long time.

Stacy

Tanya
You might want to contact Ronnie Clifton and his wife about this directly and ask that they keep their eyes & ears open - they have the Mt Airie Sale in North Carolina comming up in about a week and no doubt will have a lot of horses comming & going - might be that these people will try to peddle these horses thru the sale, or even sell them "out the backdoor" so to speak, as in contacting people in the parking lot, etc

If they are aware, then they can at least watch things very closely.

Stacy
This is an EXCELLENT idea!!! Smart thinking!
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Jennifer,

No news yet. I've not had opportunity to connect back with her since Tuesday. I'll try calling her again tonight to see how she is and if there's any good news yet of her mares.

Stacy, thanks so much! That is a very good idea. I'll pass this on to Ellen as well.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Warmest always,

Tanya

Latest posts

Back