APB - Help find Stolen Mini Mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received this from my friend Ellen, and am posting here in hopes to help spread awareness of her stolen mares. PLEASE, if ANYONE can help her find her baby girls, we'd be deeply grateful. Her contact info is posted below, if you can help her directly in any way. I will try to get photos posted soon too. It will take me a bit. Please keep her in your prayers for their their safe return.

Thank you so much for any help on her behalf.

Most appreciative,

Tanya

Subject: APB Help us find our Stolen Mini Mares

Date: Mar 12, 2007 10:24 PM

PASS THIS ON!!!

Stolen from pasture at 17720 SE 294th Court Road, Umatilla, FL 32784

Upon returning home Monday, March 12, 2007 at 6pm. We arrived to find our 2 registered miniature mares stolen. One had given birth to a palamino pinto filly earlier in the day. The foal was left and did not survive without her mother. Two other horses were in the same paddock and were untouched. The individuals who took these mares had to come though our main gate and take the mares out of their paddock through another gate. All of our other gates have Padlocks on them.

Missing: Pepper Ridge Esprit (Esprit) - AMHA/AMHR in foal for a summer baby. 11 yo bay with no unusual markings. Currently has winter Coat

Missing: Pepper Ridge Sausalito (Saucy) - AMHA/AMHR 16yo chocolate palamino...flaxen mane and tail...white eye lashes with several unusual white marks in the middle of her back. Currently has winter Coat.

G. Ellen McGee

Reflection Arabians

17720 S. E. 294th Court Road

Umatilla, FL 32784

321-228-3381 mobile phone

I just received the same e-mail from my good friend BJ Peterson, who is the breeder of these two beautiful mares.
default_sad.png
How can anyone be so hateful as to take a mare away from her newborn foal!!!!! :no:

They HAD to have known it was there....newborns don't leave their dam's side!

I pray they find these two, and punish the thieves. HANGIN' is too good for them! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Sorry about your friend's mares. How horrible! I'll keep my eyes open on the internet. Also, have your friend put a notice on www.dreamhorse.com under their missing horse area. A lot of people look there.

That is horrible! There are some monsters out there. You have my prayers. Could you post pictures?

I just received the same e-mail from my good friend BJ Peterson, who is the breeder of these two beautiful mares.
default_sad.png
How can anyone be so hateful as to take a mare away from her newborn foal!!!!! :no:

They HAD to have known it was there....newborns don't leave their dam's side!

I pray they find these two, and punish the thieves. HANGIN' is too good for them! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
I know Dona. My heart is just BROKEN for her!!!! OF all people, too, Ellen does NOT deserve this, nor her son Cameron! I love her like a sister and that boy of hers is so very dear to my heart, and when she's hurting, He's hurting, and THAT makes ME hurt! I'm SO STUNNED for her, I can't believe someone could do this to two of the most kindest GENUINE people I know. They SOOO do NOT deserve this!!!!

Does anyone know the contact info for Net Posse, so I can pass it on to her?

EDITED: Thank you Star, I'll pass that link on to her. Also, Runaway, I'm hoping for pics from Ellen soon. The ones she sent me originally did not come through. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE contact Debi at Net Posse ASAP - we have watched so many horses get brought home through Net Posse's alerts. They hit the internet and go around to horse people, rescue groups (who attend many auctions all over the county) and just about every horse related internet board, and then get passed onto friends, and friends of friends. It is most definitely one of the best resources out there.

http://www.netposse.com/index.html

Click on 'File Report' and best of luck with finding them. I will be attending two auctions this week in MD and will certainly keep my eyes peeled. They can go a long distance in a very short amount of time.

Please keep us posted.

Since we live in Oregon, we're too far away to be of much help........sorry to say.

But what IDIOT would steal a mare who'd just foaled and leave the baby???? What evil vile person would leave the foal???!!!! (Let alone steal the the two mares in the first place!)

default_torch.gif
:

MA

Thanks so much all of you for the info for Net Posse. I've forwarded to her, and just hold in prayers they can help bring her girls home safely. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This is far more than my mind to understand, to leave a foal. Such a vile thing to do for any reason. I do hope this only last a short time and they are home soon. I live in the Greater Daytona Beach, FL area and I will keep a close lookout for the mares until they are safe at home. FLFlyingW

Thanks so much all of you for the info for Net Posse. I've forwarded to her, and just hold in prayers they can help bring her girls home safely. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
SWA - I contacted a friend of mine who runs a rescue in Florida.....she just got back to me and said she may be able to help. Recently in SC, an attempt was made to steal 10 Miniatures from a SC home - the theives are actually from Florida however. They know the license plate number and the phone number (they called the home to see if the people were home or not first!) of the people who tried to take the Minis. Not long after, a rescued QH foal was dragged to his death in what they think was an attempted theft just down the road from where they tried to steal the Mini's. Nobody is sure if the two crimes are related or not, but it was too close for comfort.

I have no idea if this will help or not, but it wouldn't hurt to contact her - you can email her at [email protected] - she is online right now if you're still awake. I realize the two attempted thefts were in SC and the 2 Mini's are in FL, but people who steal horses make a living out of this and travel to steal horses and then travel more to sell them.

Best of luck -

Oh Man! This makes me SICK! I hope that the SCUMBAG(S) is/are apprehended and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In the meantime, prayers, hopes and best wishes that the little mares are found. I feel SO bad for that mare and foal! :no: :no: It breaks my heart to think of what that foal must have gone through, and the mare as they were giving her no choice but to leave her baby! SICK :new_let_it_all_out:

I'm so sad...
default_sad.png

Jodi

Hope this isn't a double post, but......oh well.

Might be a good idea to post her notice on flahorse.com. Sure hope she finds her little ones soon.

Does Ellen have a website with pics of these horses? or can you post their pics? I live in NC and go to a lot of local auctions around and they might show up in one of these including a big horse sale where maybe no one will notice them. I tend to always check out any minis at the big horse sales just out of curiosity. For me, a pic is worth a 1000 words. I can't remember people's faces but I never forget a horse's pic!

So sorry this happened to her. Some REALLY sick people out there.

Hello,

Here are the photos of Ellen's mares.

Pepper Ridge Sausalito (Saucy)

2004picturesfromoldcdrive314.jpg

2004picturesfromoldcdrive262.jpg

and Pepper Ridge Esprit (Esprit)

2004picturesfromoldcdrive225.jpg

2004picturesfromoldcdrive220.jpg

Thank you for all your help. I'll pass on the FlaHorse.com link to Ellen as well. Thank you.

Continued prayers still very much needed and deeply appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart just breaks for Ellen and her son. I will be praying for the safe return of her mares.

Tammie~

Thanks! I will print out these pics and take with me to any sales....you never know...

This is horrible! :new_shocked:

Sending prayers and good thoughts that these mares are returned home, and that the perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (wish they still hung horse thieves!) That poor foal...
default_sad.png

I am so sorry and wishing a speedy recovery of these mares. Too bad our society doesn't allow castration of humans. these people would be on the top of the list and I know lots of horse owners who would be willing to help and withold any drugs used for pain.Maybe the Amish way-string them up tied over and tree and just start cutting.

Latest posts

Back