UPDATE****Kansas Minis****UPDATE 10/2207

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
I am totally amazed at some of the things that were said on "some message board" and YouTube, by people who have no idea as to what happened and is happening. CMHR has been labeded "Nazi" me a liar, Shannon is accused of altering pictures etc. I know that i will not change the minds of these people, I don't care, but for the people that have believed in CMHR and what we are doing, I will give a summary from the very Git-Go and this is the truth, wheather you choose to believe it or not.

First, the "22" that Mr Trembly is claiming was stolen from his farm happened way before this got started. He came home froma trip ad found his gate open. He told me the minis were on the road and then they were gone. Actually he told me several versions of this. I have no idea who or how and neither does he. Some people seem to think we stole them..NOT!

Second. Ronni who was brave enough to report the situation is in my eyes a hero. She and her sister were out driving and happened upon Mr Tremblys farm (which can be seen very clearly from the road as it passes tight by 1/4 of the farm) She was very concerned at the condition of the minis she saw and went back 4 times trying to catch Mr Trembly in. He was never located in those visits so she left him a note asking to buy a couple of the minis she thought needed the most care. He never responeded to her note. If he actually was trying to recude his herd, why did he not contact her????? She then went to the "authorities, HSUS, and others and received absolutely NO HELP. She then did an internet search and found CMHR. We were sent pictures. CMHR then tried to no avail to talk with the Sheriff, the DA and others and got the same responses from them. When nothing could or would be done, Gini Acton posted the request for emails, calls etc. It was the only way we could get someone to do something! This not CMHRs way, we accept giveups every month (this month alone 7 more have come into our rescue) from people who can no longer care for them. We do not judge, we do not give out names, we just care for the horses and get them into permanent homes. This has always been our way. However, this situation was dire and needed drastic measures. It was not to disparage Mr Trembly IT WAS TO SAVE THESE STARVING MINIS.

Third: We are all volunteers, we DO NOT RECEIVE ONE RED CENT! Yes, my second trip was financed by a wonderful member who has been a staunch supporter of CMHR since we started. (Thank you!) And Yes, CMHR has purchased 5 of the minis with funds donated especially for that purpose. The others were purchased by individuals and some turned over to CMHR and some kept by the buyers. The only ones not purchased were the 10 that were taken out by SWER (NOT CMHR) and turned over to us for Foster and adoption. THESE 10 were the WORST!!! NOT the BEST as Mr Trembly has been claiming. I have pictures taken at the Foster Moms barn of 8 of these. I know the speculation has run rampent over these ten but I have been unwilly to post the pictures as they are bad, but I am now being forced to do so. I hadn't wanted to fire up this Board again but must do so now to protect the good names of SWER and CMHR. These pictures were taken while I was there by another Board Member who accompanied me. (They will be in a later post as this one will be quite long). I'm sure some of you won't believe what you will be seeing and will probably say they are doctored. Again, I don't care, you are free to believe what you want.

I have already stated that when I first went out there to see for myself if everything we were told was true, that I was so horrified by what I saw that I initially reported back that all but maybe 5 or 6 were in terrible shape. I was wrong (so sue me, I'm only human) The healthly looking ones were up at the round bale that was out there and I did not get a close look at them. Apparently the bigger stronger ones would not let the smaller weaker ones near the hay. I was there twice that day, once at noon and again at 4pm. Mr Trembly had not yet put in an appearance which is why I filled the water buckets that had been dry at noon and still were at 4pm. And Yes, I was mobbed by the minis trying to get to the water. Why? I don't know as I have now been told there is pond available to them. All I know and can say is that the skinny ones were very thristy. The media frenzy had been started a week previously and I can only guess that that is why the hay bale was there. When Ronni had made her several trips to the farm, there was NO ROUND BALE THERE. I have no reason to doubt her as she nothing to gain by all this and wanted only to get some kind of help for these minis. I have met her and found that she is a reasonable and caring person. She too has been vilified by a lot of you for doing what she thought was right and sticking to her guns. Ronni, I salute you!.

I was there too when the KSU Vet and his crew came by. But by that time the 10 WORST had already been taken and they never got to see them. If they had, I guarantee their decision would have been different.

BTW, it is only speculation as to what the Vet actually said and did. SWER and CMHR are NOT privy to anything on his report as it was paid for by the County and has not been given out to anyone that I know of so this too is speculation and rumor.

When I left there on Friday with the 13 we got out that day (purchased)by CMHR and individuals there were 70 minis left. Mr Trembly was gone on Saturday to his Merry-go-round function and when I returned on Sunday morning there were 57 minis left. Supposedly he sold 13 between Friday night and Sunday morning even though he was gone all day Saturday. These 13 are unaccounted for. He may have sold them or hidden them I have no idea and have been unable to verify anything on these missing 13.

Mr Trembly has been nothing but a gentleman to all who have gone to his farm and called him. He is charming and personable (he charmed me) He says all the right things to people, tells them what they want to hear, then does his own thing. It is his right. To those that think his word is gospel, you are asdly mistaken. But again, I know you will believe him (who has something to gain) and disbelieve me (who has nothing to gain except the welfare of those minis) I feel sorry for you.

His claim that the only skinny ones are the old ones is a complete falsehood. I checked several of the skinnier ones and most were under 10 years old. Even if they were all old, there is no excuse for a mini to be skin and bones, none what-so-ever. If proper care is given them, they all should look just fine. They were left to fend for themselves in herd of 100+ and only the stronger ones were doing good. Especially the 4 robust mini mules and the stronger stallions. We have VET PROOF that the ones taken are not all old, some are quite young but almost all have bad teeth some are even unable to eat properly. Does this sound like a well cared for herd??? NO

Now, for the latest horrible truth. Mr Trembly will NOT SELL any of his mares, skinny or otherwise!!! Except for the original 10 of which 5 were mares (horribly skinny mares) not one of the minis that has come out is a mare. All are either geldings or stallions. Why! WHY!! Well because, and this is from two very respected members of this board who have talked with Mr Trembly directly, HE NEEDS THEM FOR BREEDING!!!!!!!!!

His plans are to buy a stallion (the ones he has are too closly related to his mares) and breed....

My understanding is that the DA, Sheriff and SWER have told him that he needs to get down to 40 or less and he will NOT BE ALLOWED to increase his herd. Maybe I am wrong here too as I can only tell you what SWER has told me.

So, to all those who want to finance Mr Trembly directly..go for it, you will be enabling him to do this all over again and maybe the next time his minis need rescuing another rescue that you aprove of will get involved and some of you will actually GO OUT THERE and see for yourselves instead of picking and choosing what you want to believe. I am sure I am going to get slammed again for this post, so BRING IT ON! I know what I am doing is right.

Ginny President, CMHR and Proud of it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
dang it ginny i feel so bad for what all of you have gone through and the need for this post! I know you guys have done the best you can and gone way above and beyond what most others would do. You have disrupted your own life for almost a month now just to help these horses. I honestly dont think people who havent been in the trenches have any idea how stressful doing rescue is. And to top that off with ugly rumors is just WRONG.

I applaud you and everyone else that have done so much to help these horses :aktion033:

I tell you what I'd like to thrash them all>(the bashers) I am so so tired of ignorance and stupidity in people. I saw the video on you tube too..made no comment as I already know the situation.! :no:

Bless you and all involved in ttrying to help in this very difficult situation!

I only wish I were close enough to help too..

if I can in any way let me know!

Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
dang it ginny i feel so bad for what all of you have gone through and the need for this post! I know you guys have done the best you can and gone way above and beyond what most others would do. You have disrupted your own life for almost a month now just to help these horses. I honestly dont think people who havent been in the trenches have any idea how stressful doing rescue is. And to top that off with ugly rumors is just WRONG.

I applaud you and everyone else that have done so much to help these horses :aktion033:
Ditto!

Because I am in rescue I understand and support CMHR and SWER 100%. Thank you and the others that have helped and Ronni for all you have done. Mr Trembley and whatever herd he is allowed to keep will be much better off.

:worshippy: :worshippy:

I for one am MORTIFIED that you and SWER aND cmhr have come under fire and feel you have to defend youselves that is so stupid it is beyond words.

I for one am not buying the poor MR T story if others choose to so be it. if they choose to give him money and feed so he can start all over again there choice the saddest thing of all is that rescues are being bashed and really who will be there to put themselves on the line to rescue the next group and be made out to be the bad guys

Gini the proof is there in black and white and in horseflesh or lack there of. I am grateful for all you have done along with others and for those saying all the stupid i mean truly stupid things...

well I can just say CPS hears the same things as well and heck even serial killers have there fans sick as it is.
default_wacko.png
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I cannot tell you how upsetting reading some of the posts knocking CMHR and everyone's attempts to save these minis were to me. I have complete faith and belief in you and CMHR. I'm sorry that due to the attacks you felt you had to post this. Just know that there are many of us out here, that never ever doubted your word or the condition of the minis and only wanted what was best for them. Thank you for bringing their need to our attention. If this was to happen all over again today, I wouldn't change a thing that I had done.

{{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png
:

CMHR, and those involved, are nothing but a bunch of angels!!!
default_yes.gif
: If anyone thinks otherwise, they are sadly mistaken. :no:

Ginny, you were born with a heart big as all outdoors. You rescued me once! Anyone who doubts your integrity, your commitment to help horses is sorely wrong. I knew this would get ugly but I stand with you much as I can and help where I can being so very far away. I applaud you all who have seen this first hand. AND I believe you...I believe in you too.

(((((GINNY AND ALL CMHR VOLUNTEERS)))))

It is a thankless, heartbreaking, job. Thank you for all you do. You are the ones making a BIG difference, no matter what!

I pray that someone in AUTHORITY will WAKE UP and ensure beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mr. T., no matter how charming, is not allowed to breed ANY MORE FOALS!!! If being skinny and uncared for isn't enough, the fact that SO MANY are sightless IS A CRIME!!!! IT IS THE FACILITY THEY ARE HOUSED IN!!!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this, I have personal dealing with CMHR and you guys are nothing but THE BEST!!!!

That CMHR and SWER are coming under fire for helping those minis is mindboggling! :no: I'm glad you hung in there and got those minis some help. Everyone of you should be proud of the work you did to help those starving animals. :aktion033: :aktion033: I pray that there are more supporters than naysayers(which usually is the case since negative stuff gets more print) and that things settle down for you. Good Job!

AMEN to what everyone else has posted!! Bless you CMHR for taking the lead on this and helping to save a lot of animals that were suffering terribly. I truly don't think anything would have happened otherwise. Some of those minis taken off that farm would be dead now if it weren't for you.

I thank you for all you've done. My only wish for things to have gone any differently would have been that the ones in the very worse shape were not removed from the farm before the KSU vets were out. But no one has a crystal ball, and no one knew whether or not they were being told the truth by the authorities at that point.

I hate that you have to feel any need to explain anything. Just know that there were/are a lot of us behind you that trusted you and were behind you 100%. For those that felt they could have done things so much better I'd advise them to start their own rescue and start doing so! There is plenty of need to go around.

I see no reason why anyone would try and turn things around to make it look as if you were doing something wrong to get food and care to these animals. It is THEIR basic right to have food, water, shelter, and veterinary care as well as a safe place to exist. I don't think they are getting enough of any of these things, if they are getting them at all.

I am sorry for this. I don't understand it at all. I wish there were more that I could do to help.

Liz

Here are some of the first ten horses from Mr Trembly's. All of the pictures haven't been sent to me yet, but I will post more when I get them. I do not have a picture of the extremely young mare that appears to be very pregnant right now either.

KansasMinis018.jpg

KansasMinis013.jpg

KansasMinis032.jpg

This is the cancer gelding

KansasMinis031.jpg

KansasMinis020.jpg

KansasMinis017.jpg

KansasMinis044.jpg

Ginny, I too hate the fact that CMHR is under fire for their actions. I am, always have been, and will continue to be, one VERY PROUD SUPPORTER of CMHR!!! You guys keep up the great work!
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Those pictures are HORRIFYING... those that want me to feel bad for Trembly SORRY not going to happen, those that wont buy a horse from me if I dont join "his camp" well thats ok to if those pictures dont make you want to puke and dont totally OUTRAGE YOU then guess what.... you dont need one of my horses anyway!

IF he was so lovinly there every day caring for these horses his lifes work and unable to see THAT.. there is something wrong very very wrong

No different then parents whose children live in horrible conditions, who neglect and abuse them i sure as heck am not going to feel sorry for those parents either .

Just saw the photos.

I am pretty darn good at seeing when a photo has been altered (discrepancies of shadow, light and gradation of color, or detail) and these look original as can be.

Sad, heartbreaking. I have been in the presence of horses this thin, and there is an air about them of waiting to die, marking time, a terrible aura for anyone that has care about a fellow living thing.

It is also disheartening to think just how little can make it the opposite. Very often these horses need very little to stay in reasonable shape. Think about that...and think of how much they have done without.

No excuse, and in lieu of mental sanity, then there is some other agency (or agencies) that have fallen down on their job to protect other beings from one who clearly does not have good sense.

Thank you, CMHR/SWER

Liz M.

default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:

I just don't get it...... :no: :no:

I can't believe people bashing those who are trying to help.....but I guess some people enjoy being 'blind' to many things....

Thank you to everyone involved.....I wouldn't have been able to go past these horses either

I wish I could do something to help....

~kathryn

:no: You are right in that the only thing that matters is the welfare of those minis. This WILL NOT go away and if the media-gov. officials -has to continue to be contacted to help these poor creatures in distress then so be it. Having touched & felt the BONES (no fat) of these little ones & seeing them mobbing each other to eat scraps of bedding that fell out of the back of our trailer during that first nights visit told me the story. What I saw was STARVATION plain & simple. I would do it again in a heartbeat
default_wub.png
: if SWER or CMHR asked me to...Hats off to you for putting your life on hold to help us....slowly fuming in Kansas! :xbud:

default_crybaby.gif
: :no:
default_crybaby.gif
: :no:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
: :no: :no: :no: FOR THE HORSES!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif