Anyone gone to Cozumel or Cancun?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareng

Reaction score
We are trying to plan a family vacation next summer. Hubby and I went to Hawaii last summer (mainly for business but I tagged along) and loved it. It's too expensive for all of us to go so we thought Cozumel might be a good place to snorkel, swim with dolphins, etc. Has anyone been there? Good or bad experiences? Thanks for any input.

kareng

I have been to Cancun( but it was over 20 years ago.very hot in August) The best part of the trip was a bus tour into the jungle to see the Mayan ruins of Chichenitza.SP?IT WAS AWESOME. don't drink the water anywhere unless it is bottled.Beaches are beautiful but very much like Miami .Have fun wherever you go.

We've been to both, although Cozumel was a stop on a cruise. We also went to Cozumel on our honeymoon, but it was just a small coastal town then lol.....been a few years ago! Cancun is definitely a bargain compared to Hawaii
default_smile.png
. Ask about the beaches in the specific area you are going, the beach where we stayed down the coast from Cancun was not as nice, although the hotel and pools were beautiful. Beach in Cancun proper seemed to be better. I'd also think more about safety now - we went a number of years ago, before the drug wars became so bad there. Lots of people still vacation safely in Mexico, I'd just pay more attention to where you go outside of the city. The ruins are something to see - we went to Tulum, very cool place.

Jan

Went on a Cancun/Cozumel cruise a few years ago. The ruins were really worth visiting and there was a place where everyone went for snorkling ....sorry I don't remember the name of it .... but it was a really pretty spot.

I've never been, but my brother and sister-in-law have gone twice to Cancun and they love it! They always book through www.applevacations.com . They have all-inclusive packages which include airfare, hotel, and food for very reasonable prices. The resorts they have been to have both been fabulous.

Have fun!

Barbara

Latest posts

Back