Another newbie question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not yet allowed to compete at Advanced/FEI level in CDE's but I believe if you asked the organizer at a dressage show or Pleasure show with dressage classes that you might be allowed to complete a test. We are allowed to compete at Intermediate in CDE's although it's difficult back East to get organizers to offer the division.
default_sad.png
It is standardly offered here on the West Coast where the VSE's are more popular.

Leia

Some organizers may only let you complete a test if you paid the fee and declared that you were showing HC, which stands for something French which means "Without Honors". Not being crabby, that is just a reality around here.
default_smile.png

Just to be clear, "Without Honors" in this case means you may not compete for honors (ribbons), not that you are without honor!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

I believe that would only be the case in a CDE where you were trying to complete a test for the level above your own. In a driven dressage show like I was referring to I believe you can enter as many tests as you want at any level and be judged for each just as you would in a ridden dressage show. These are pretty rare; California is the only place I've heard of that type of show being offered. At Happ's and a couple of the other NW CDE's you can enter at say Training Level and then pay a fee for an "additional test" and be allowed to try a Prelim test and receive marks from the judge without competing for any sort of ribbon in that second division. You do it just to get experience and some professional feedback that you can incorporate into your training.

Some shows will allow you to compete two turnouts but require that one goes HC so the driver does not have an unfair advantage from having done the course twice. You pick which horse you want to officially enter and then your other horse does dressage and cones for scores but no ribbon. (Some shows will allow you to do marathon with the HC horse as well but again, no ribbon. Bummer!)

Leia

Latest posts

Back