Amy (Click Mini)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy Score

Reaction score
To all our Forum Friends,

Please pray for Amy's beautiful little Esprit - he is colicing badly tonight and Amy is worried sick. Esprit has has a tough road - he is a gorgeous little bay roan 1/2 Arenosa colt that Amy brought home in the late fall - since then he has been plagued with a respiritory virus, etc, etc, etc, needlesstosay, he was was just getting over all this stuff when this colic hit. The vet is on the way, but I am sure that Amy would appreciate all your support right now.

Hugs Amy, you know that I am here if you need me
default_yes.gif
:

Stac

Sure thing Stacey.

Poor Amy, I can imagine what she is going through with her little guy and Amy's the best too.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=18pt]You got my prayers for sure.[/SIZE]

Christy

Oh no I am thinking of you and hoping for the best.

We certainly hope all goes well for you and your little one Amy.

default_pray.gif
:

Va Lynda Ann

Hi Amy,

I just left a message on your cell phone. If you would like me to come over tonight for moral support just give me a call. I can sit up with you all night if you would like.

Take care, and good luck!

Shannon

Hi Everyone,

Amy just called me. She would like me to update everyone.

The vet has been out and tubed her colt. He has an impaction, but his gut sounds have improved and the vet says that he is hopeful.

Shannon

Last edited by a moderator:
I am praying for Amy and her colt. I hate having sick animals
default_sad.png
I'm glad to hear he is improving already.

Keeping her and Esprit in my thoughts. I know she's had a rough road w/her horses this last year and I hope this one can have a great outcome and he's just fine soon.

Please keep us updated whenever you can....

Liz M.

:no: :no:

Amy: Wishing that all continues to improve. You have had a bad year and this has to be the last of your problems. We know that you SO love your little guys.

Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way.

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!! Once again the forum family pulls through. Your prayers are working! Keep it up though, we are not out of the woods just yet.

I tell you I could have just died when I saw my little Esprit in such bad distress. He is still very young, just 7 months old. He is beautiful, but more than that; this little sweetheart has stitched our heartstrings together and I just love him more than I can explain. You know, there are horses and then there are the special ones, and he is just that.

The vet tubed him at around 8:15, and he just passed manure as I watched, at 11:00. I am going to rest for a couple of hours, then will be back checking him again.

The worst part is that he has never been alone...never. I had to split him from Gaia so I can monitor him and also keep close tabs on feed for the next few days as I ramp him back up to normal. So he is going through a second weaning at the same time. His poor little voice is hoarse. Gaia is with Flirt and Ally, and they seem to be making friends quickly. Especially Gaia and Flirt, they are like little teenage girls giggling in the corner. But she is also still calling to Esprit. Basically the barn is in an uproar at the moment. But the most important thing is that Esprit seems to be improving!

THANK YOU AND HUGS TO ALL!!!!

You have poop! That is awesome!

default_smile.png

Enjoy that rest and I hope he continues to improve. Will continue to keep you both in my thoughts.

Thank you for the update!

Liz

Oh Amy, keeping my fingers crossed that all continues to improve. Like Shannon I'm available to come out if you need me- I'm off work tomorrow. It's good to hear your girls are having such a slumber party even if the reason is a sad one.

White light coming your way. Luna's candle is still in my window, I will light it again to send my love to Esprit.

Leia

Amy im so glad hes better!! they sure do scare us dont they?? I will say that stress dx that my neighbor had me give diamond during her colic worked wonders!! Its a powdered electrolite for horses under stress and makes them drink more. Most horses that colic wont drink much. Sending prayers that he continues to do well

Amy -

Glad to hear there's some improvement! Keeping you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.

Morning update: He is much better this morning! Thank goodness! We didn't get any more poop until 4 am, then he had one more between then and 8. He had a small handful of hay this morning along with a mash made from 1/4 cup complete feed and about 1 cup of water, and he sucked it all up. Then he pooped again, oh glorious poop! :aktion033: :lol:

Man that was a scare! I have only had a couple of colics in my life with horses (touching wood!!!), but this was a terrible one! He was throwing himself on the ground and was quite violent. I have had a very rough week and I thought this was just going to be the topper. THANK GOD we did not have to go in for surgery. When the vet arrived he had very little gut sounds so it was kind of iffy.

Thanks once again because I believe the power of your prayers helped lift him up! And it helped me so much to know you were all out there pulling for my little guy.

I'm very pleased to read this update. I hope everything continues to improve.
default_smile.png

Liz

Latest posts

Back