AMHA Stakes Driving Classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horses mouth

Reaction score
Just a quick update:

The deadline for nominations has been extended to August 30th to coincide with the close of entries.

There are no qualification points required.

The classes offered are:

3 year old Single Pleasure driving

3 year old Country Pleasure driving

4 year old Country Pleasure driving

4 year old Single Pleasure driving

Payout is to the top ten placings with 44% to first place in a 10 horse (or larger) class. Right now that is approximately $2,400.00 in the 4 year old Country class, with more money coming in daily!

Information is available on the AMHA wesite located here:

http://www.amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=224

To contact the AMHA Performance Committee chairman for any questions (Gary Barnes):

[email protected]

I sure hope the money keeps piling up. I have a three year old country pleasure driving horse nominated. Would be nice if he could pay his own way to the show. I do have one suggestion though, it should be listed as to which entry fee is for the Stakes classes, some thought it would be futurity prices but I assumed it was open class prices. After paying more to nominate to the Performance Stakes than to futurity nominate a horse, seems the class fee could have been at least the same as futurity. Just a suggestion.

I sure hope the money keeps piling up. I have a three year old country pleasure driving horse nominated. Would be nice if he could pay his own way to the show. I do have one suggestion though, it should be listed as to which entry fee is for the Stakes classes, some thought it would be futurity prices but I assumed it was open class prices. After paying more to nominate to the Performance Stakes than to futurity nominate a horse, seems the class fee could have been at least the same as futurity. Just a suggestion.
Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!

Of course I can't get a ruling from the office now until monday, but the original agreement between me and the BOD was that the charge for entering the stakes classes and the subsequent "New" Performance futurity (nominations start with the 2007 foal crop) was that the "office could only charge the $40.00 entry fee and would take no additional money from the fund". All monies collected would be paid out (in other words no costs would be subtracted from the nominations). I have been very dilligent in maintaining this position and will take this up with the correct parties on Monday and again in the middle of the week when we have another Show Rules teleconference.

My suggestion to anyone not yet entered is to include $40.00 for the class.

On another note. If you notice in the premium book, the futurity driving class is listed as: F2/ Three-Year-Old Single Pleasure Driving Futurity (also there is a foot note saying that due to other constraints the Performance Futurity classes have been moved to Tuesday, October the 4th, but Wednesday is the 4th and Tuesday is the 3rd). This is not a correct name for this class and the cross-over rule does not apply. The program will show the class to be F2/ Three Year Old Driving Futurity (open to all horses). This was listed incorrectly last year also and it slipped through the cracks again this year.

Thanks, once again!

Gary Barnes

Performance Committee Chair

Back