AMHA hardshipping & WCMHR awards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
Checked on the AMHA hardshipping, and they will close it to outsiders in 2013. Until then, they have to be at least 3 yrs old, DNA'd twice, once by a director and inspected by the director. Plus, it will cost me over $1200.00 to hardship my little 29 inch stallion, who is already AMHR, into the AMHA. Guess I will be waiting for a while to do that, money is a little tight right now. But, I do plan on doing that because he has such pretty conformation and no dwarfism. Not to mention what a little sweetheart he is.

WCMHR did send me my awards, received them today, very nice trophy, neck rosette and ribbons. E-mailed them to let them know that I appreciated it.

Good luck to all in the AMHR Nationals coming up. Wish I could be there!

Checked on the AMHA hardshipping, and they will close it to outsiders in 2013. Until then, they have to be at least 3 yrs old, DNA'd twice, once by a director and inspected by the director. Plus, it will cost me over $1200.00 to hardship my little 29 inch stallion, who is already AMHR, into the AMHA. Guess I will be waiting for a while to do that, money is a little tight right now. But, I do plan on doing that because he has such pretty conformation and no dwarfism. Not to mention what a little sweetheart he is.
Consider that when all those fees and the related expense are added together, it is likely to cost in the neighborhood of $2,000.oo to hardship a stallion. If he is such an OUTSTANDING individual that he would be a tremendous assett to the breed, it is worth it. If it is worth it to you for personal satisfaction to spend that much money, I say, "Go for it!" That advances the economy. BUT, if you think it will add that much to his value, you may be tremendously disappointed. I have seen many VERY nice stallions, double registered, DNAed, with winning show record, and even producers of show winners, sell for that much or less.

I am NOT trying to tell you to not hardship him, just saying, think out the long term and see if it's worth it.

Another avenue to explore is gelding. It takes a GOOD stallion to make a GREAT gelding! I'm not saying that your little guy isn't worth staying a stallion, but the hardship fees are much less as a gelding, and geldings are so much fun! Plus there are a lot of great programs geared towards geldings, including payback classes. If he's already a sweetheart, he will only get better as a gelding.

Best wishes whatever way you go.

[Yes, you are probably right, I will think on it. That is a lot of money for these hard times.

Latest posts

Back