AMHA Look-Up Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy-RRM

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an AMHR mare (Sunset Ridge Touch of Class) I am considering hardshipping into the AMHA, as she is 31-32", and I LOVE her to death.

I know her sire was AMHA, his name is Valley View Little Ranger. Can you get me his AMHA number or other info?

I have no idea about her mother. Her dam's AMHR name is Sandra Lee's Ebony.

If her dam is not AMHA and dna'd I guess it will cost me $600 to hardship her. The AMHA also says that they must be reviewed by an AMHA director, and that the owner is to pay any expenses incurred by the director. I live in Southwest Michigan. Do any of you have any idea how much that might cost in addition to the $600? What's the process like?

Thanks for your help! My studbook ran out and I'd hate to pay just to look up one more horse....

(I've included a picture... she is heavy in foal here).

DSCN1436.JPG

I have found out through previous owners that Ebony was not AMHA registered. So, I will have to Hardship Classy into the AMHA.

So... Do any of you know what the AMHA means by expenses incurred by the director, to come check my horse? Any guesses as to how much extra this would cost me? Has anybody here done this before?

I have but I have a director that lives 15 minutes from me so I bassically just gave him gas money so I'm afraid I would be no help for your question. Good Luck! Pretty mare by the way!!

Thanks for answering!
default_smile.png

If you call amha they should be able to look up closest director to you and then give you their number, this is what I did and then got a price when I called him.

Can you take her to a AMHA show near you? A bod might be there. And then all you would have to pay is the 600 for hardshipping. I would think that if you have to have one come to your place what ever they charge is up to them.

For this year only, a past director can measure to hardship if they also have a measurer's card. Starting next year, only active directors can measure. As well as the $600 hardship fee, you will also have to pay $41 to DNA the mare. Expenses could be just travel or could be travel, time, hotel, food, whatever the director incurers. If you take the horse to the director, then of course your expenses will be your gas and time and whatever the director wants to charge for their time. Ask before you go. If the mare is in foal now, do this before she foals. Once she has the foal, if the mare is not AMHA then you will have to go through the entire process again with the foal but at half the hardshipping fee.

Latest posts

Back