All you need to know about driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.

Back on the main topic. It really is sad that someone tried to give credit of that to LB. I mean its good they gave credit and all, but I have not seen a thing on these forums that they could have based that off of and gotten that...

I haven't either. Or they just picked a sentence here and there from other subjects without using the entire context. I still haven't heard back after I flagged it. Wonder if I will? I would hate to have someone or a horse be injured due to that article.

Ghosted - hopefully you will post some of your experiences in driving and maybe some pics of your minis. I love to hear about others. In a few weeks hopefully I will have some to post from our first Christmas parade.
default_smile.png

I have my only mini at training to pull a cart atm. In fact I am going for a lesson tomorrow. Weather pending... It looks like it will rain, and he does not have a covered place to train.
default_sad.png

I know that feeling! I have gotten a little wet myself at times not to mention frozen in the winter months.
default_rolleyes.gif
That I have fun always overrides my frozen toes. LOL Enjoy your lesson, hope the rain holds off for you.

Whin I am reeding an arcticle in a book or on the www that is souposed to be authoritized, I never beleeve it or take it seerusly if they caint spell or youse good grammer.
default_wink.png
Marsha
That CAN be a dead giveaway but then there are also some very knowledgeable people that are well worth listening to that can't spell worth a darn and some that write VERY well but really don't have the actual knowledge but CAN READ
default_biggrin.png

RE: the "frozen wet thing" VERY sorry Kim
default_laugh.png
but glad to hear you still enjoy it!
default_biggrin.png

RE: the "frozen wet thing" VERY sorry Kim
default_laugh.png
but glad to hear you still enjoy it!
default_biggrin.png

LOL You know I always enjoy it! We always have a good time even if I spend the rest of the night trying to de-thaw! LOL If I didn't like the cold I could move to Texas!

If you EVER took Nick that far away Mickey would NEVER forgive you! She is already peeved about today
default_new_rofl.gif
You are in BIG trouble!

HOLY COW!
default_new_shocked.gif
That is very dangerous and....just so WRONG!
default_no.gif

I've been here many, many (many) years and I have never seen anything that dumb about teaching to drive posted on LB. Maybe they were trying to acknowledge that GOOD info comes from LB, but I wish the LB name wasn't connected to that writing. *sigh*

Posting on a forum topic, or friendly information exchange, one naturally doesn't bother too much about spelling. I certainly didn't mean to imply anything negative about anyone on the forum. (I can hardly type HORSE without mixing up the letters! )

Marsha

Same here Marsha.

I'm not sure I want to know how many typos I make!
default_laugh.png

My motto is " No body is perfect, especially me"

The thing is that, no matter how things are spelled, the meaning is clear enough and that article is not just pathetic but downright dangerous! There are some that think if it's on the internet it is gospel and that just isn't so! I read some of the other articles on there and some of them are just jokes that anyone with no knowledge of the subject wouldn't recognize as being a joke. Some of the stuff wouldn't matter because at least no one would be harmed but this one could easily get someone killed and that is just completely irresponsible - I hope that site gets the boot!

GOOD GRIEF!! They need to have one more step:

8. Have the paramedics on speed-dial. And your veterinarian....

Lucy

I think that this article should be listed on Ebay, next to the statement I see advertising cheap harnesses, "Bring out UR carts!"

It's just that easy, you know! (Totally written with extreme sarcasm!)

You wonder how many minis are subjected with this type of training/equipment, and how much they are ruined and blamed for accidents that were totally not their fault, and how good they COULD have been.

OH MY GOSH!!! What are they thinking!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst part is that anyone experienced can recognize this article is ridiculous but anyone looking to learn how to start their horse driving may well take it seriously.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back