A little confused

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
With all the excitement of the new baby coming, my animals have been a little confused. We started out with my cats who have been the center of my attention since they were born which was 7 years ago. Then we added my mom's dog into the bunch who was her center of attention. Everytime we bring the baby stuff out of the baby's room, the animals get a little weird. They don't know what is going on but they don't like it. We took this picture yesterday. I think it explains their confusion quite well.

Here's Simba (he rules the house over the other cats and 125 pound golden retriever).

DSC02383.jpg

Our pets are certainly not stupid, that's for sure! They sense something is about to change in their comfortable little world, and they are wary of it.

It's good to show them the baby stuff now. We did that too. And when Brianna was born, we introduced her to each of our house pets very carefully. I literally told them that Bri was my BABY. Believe it or not, they seemed to understand.

MA

Just like if you were moving away, animals sense things and something different happening. Cats are EXTREMELY curious animals and notice EVERYthing. Fear not, they will settle down and accept all things new.

What a cute picture and a lovely cat!! I am sure you will find they will be curious about the baby, but accepting.

:eek: He's got the dog bone and claws ready! I love that pic! Be sure to take a something when the baby is born and rub it on the baby then give it to the animals to get familiar with the smell. This way it won't be "quite" as huge a shock when you come home with "it". That is so adorable! They'll do well. Be sure to explain that a new brother or sister is coming home soon for them. Just like any child already at home.

Our friends brought over their 3 week old grandson the other day and Simba was scared yet intrigued. I was soo happy to see that because I don't want my guys to just hide all the time. That wouldn't be fair to them. I watch A Baby Story a lot and turn up the volume when the baby's crying. When we bring baby stuff home we set it in the living room and give them a chance to smell it. My boyfriend has strict instructions to bring a baby blanket home before we leave the hospital so everyone can smell that too. Wish us luck! Only 2 months to go!

Latest posts

Back