A horse coat of a different color. The rarest of rare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool color -- love it!
default_biggrin.png

Someone brought a brindle mini to the world show a few years back. It was colored much like yours. That one was in very poor health so I am not even sure it lived especially since she just drug it to the World show just to show people. Yours looks very healthy and correct.

Marbles was the one you saw at the World as a weanling. She had colic surgery at 2 months old and I brought her with me at 4 months old to keep an eye on her, not because I wanted to show people. I felt more comfortable taking her and keeping an eye on her, then leaving her behind with a farm sitter. She had a big stall in the trailer with free feed and lots of water. She could lay down and sleep any time she wanted to on the trip down and back. She was still a bit underweight and had a BIG belly because of the surgery. I did not enter her in any classes that year. The following year she was entered in color class (still had a belly on her, but not nearly as bad as a weanling). She went Reserve World Champion. This year, because of my move to Florida, I am not showing at all and Marbles is enjoying just being a pasture horse.

She is doing well, no belly anymore. She is being spoiled and is on a new feed that has really made her markings darker and more pronounced.

Next year, she will be out again.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back