New mini!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjoy85

Reaction score
I got myself a new mini 4 weeks ago. She is a doll. She is a grade yearling and was pretty much unhandled. Only had her feet trimmed twice, with the second time being the day before I picked her up, so her feet and legs are working on correcting themselves. She occasionally lets me halter her, but she loves getting pet.
She is still adjusting and has only been in with the other 3 minis for 2 weeks. She seems depressed and my minis make sure she knows she is at the bottom of the herd. They chase her off around food or if she gets too close on an off day. She always perks up when I go out with her though. I'm not convinced she is "full mini". She is tall (32-33" at the withers and butt high), doesn't have some of the mini characteristics in her face that my other 3 have, and moves very different. Beautiful mover and I plan to drive and do agility when she is old enough. Her new name is Cricket and she even has a "C" mark on her forehead.

Attachments

• 20210823_163853.jpg
    20210823_163853.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210904_123726.mp4
    20.6 MB
Cricket looks like a real sweetie pie! Very pretty color!

Would one of your minis buddy up with her if they were in a separate pen for awhile? In the past, I would do that for a few weeks so the newbie had a friend when back in with the group.

Now the last newbie is 17 years old and the buddy is 28! ๐Ÿคฃ

Many happy years to you!

Cricket looks like a real sweetie pie! Very pretty color!

Would one of your minis buddy up with her if they were in a separate pen for awhile? In the past, I would do that for a few weeks so the newbie had a friend when back in with the group.

Now the last newbie is 17 years old and the buddy is 28! ๐Ÿคฃ

Many happy years to you!
Thank you! I might be able to separate one out with her if it continues much longer. I'm hoping they work out their issues and get over it. They all ate peacefully in the run in shelter today, so there is hope, lol.

Latest posts

Back