A day to celebrate!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I'm normally not comfortable bragging about myself - my horses, sure, but not me. HOWEVER... I guess this is worth a little brag...[/SIZE]

11 and a half months ago, I started trying to lose some weight. Didn't have a specific goal in mind, but knew that for me it was time to shed some pounds... I'd been diagnosed as diabetic, was on cholesterol meds, and they were threatening me with high blood pressure meds. I was having difficulty with pneumonia, my fibromyalgia, IBS and kidney stones, and the stupid Doctors kept trying to blame EVERYTHING on my weight. I was mad, and figured if I dropped the weight, maybe I could get help with the stuff that wasn't weight related.

So I began using medifast (a packaged-meal program... little packets that make shakes, drinks, soups, pudding, oatmeal, etc... they have bars and "snacks" too.) The program had me eating 5 of their meals a day (gawd it was hard to learn to eat that often!) and one "lean and green" meal. Of course it all took some getting used to and some tweaking, finding the habits that worked for me, the packets of food that I liked better than the other packets, etc. I learned to drink more fluids, take more vitamins, pay more attention to why I ate and especially to avoid the fast food joints (*gasp*!), but I did it!

It's an on-going process, unlike an alcoholic, I don't have the option to give up food altogether.... and I do still treat myself once in awhile!

But I have lost 100 pounds in 11.5 months!

Gone from a size 4x to a medium.... from a 26/28 to a 10/12.

I might end up losing a little more, although I have no goal to do that - I certainly need to firm up here and there - but I figure Now that I've done 100, I can do the rest, too!

Yes, I feel better - off the diabetic meds, the cholesterol meds, the IBS meds and now my blood pressure is borderline low! I'm still full of kidney stones, but hopefully these too shall pass and, although the Urologist I've been seeing has no answers or ideas for me except more lithotripsy (no THANK you!) I fervently hope I'm not making new stones and will eventually pass the ones I have. (I drink about a gallon a day, I keep hoping that counts for something!) Asthma and bronchitis I've had since I was a baby, so that's still around of course. Fibro is still an ongoing problem. Doctors are still a problem and still make me mad... But yes, I do feel better these days. I've even been actually riding my horses once in awhile and hope to do more of that too!

In 5 months I'll be 50 and I guess it's a "new" old me to come. I'd like to plan a dress-up party at a restaurant or something ... I want to wear a red beaded dress and look better than Dustin Hoffman in "Tootsie"! Anybody got any ideas? It'll also be the 20th year Michael and I have been together, so there's even more reason to celebrate! Heck, I want everyone who has something to celebrate this year and help me to put together a "dressed to the nines in 2009" party of some sort!

But today when the scale finally hit the magical number to show an even 100 pounds lost - I felt like it was another birthday or something... a day to crow!

Of course, now comes the really hard part - keeping it off. Hopefully forever...

Please join me today in my little party in my head! (and really, if you have any ideas about planning a party in SoCal for later this year, tell me - otherwise I don't know how dismal the "big 5 OH" will be - even without the "old 1oh oh" hanging on me!)

Thanks for reading this in any case! I just wanted to share!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=24pt]WHOOO HOOOO!!![/SIZE]

I'm SO HAPPY AND THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!

I can't even find words to tell you how proud of you I am!

YOU GO GIRL!
default_wub.png

Your a wonderful inspiration to everyone wanting to lose weight. Congratulations on your new lifestyle. You should be very proud and you should brag about yourself. You earned it.

Now that's an accomplishment to brag about!! Imagine how much fun buying summer clothes will be for you! You are encouraging and inspiring.
default_worshippy.gif

Absolutely incredible! That is something to brag about and I am very very proud of your accomplishment!

I would love to lose that much weight!! I will be quitting smoking sometime in June and I know the weight will pack on, so have to do something!!

Keep up the great work!

Way to go
default_aktion033.gif
You should be so proud of your accomplishment, I know its no small endeavor taking on weight loss. Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

That is just wonderful, I am so happy for you, and maybe hopeful for me. I actually need to lose more than that, but you make it sound doable.

How was this program cost wise? I know a friend who tried nutrisystem and she said the meals were so very tiny that she wasn't getting enough food for the work she was doing and ended up getting sick.

I have all the comorbidities and sure would like to get rid of them, plus this would possibly allow me to never have to go through another knee replacement!

You are proof that it can be done, I am proud of you!

That is truly an amazing accomplishment as all of us who has tried to take off weight knows. Congratulations on all your hard work!!!!!! I have on my party hat and am blowing my horn for you.

You have so many things to celebrate this year that if it were me, I would do something really special. Something like take a cruise, go to Hawaii, something along those lines. This is a start of a new life for you so treat yourself and make it really special.

ps-I noticed when I was your age that it was more a time for "me", of throwing out the old crap in my brain and letting go of thoughts and behaviors that weren't working for me and taking charge of my life. Sounds like you are there and it only gets better!

I don't know you, but have caught a post here and there - 100 LBS. at age 50 is cotton pickin' A HUGE Accomplishment! Way to go girl!!!!!!

Way cool, way cool, Way cool!

Keep up the good work!

BIG CONGRATS!! Way to GO LADY!!

You should be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PROUD!

I am PROUD of you for sticking with it and look at the WONDERFUL results....

So many people SAY they want to lose weight but they arent willing to DO anything to make it happen. I am so glad you did what had to be done...

Yes you should have a party-wish I was in CA and I would come to help you celebrate..

Missy
default_smile.png

Congrats!! That is an accomplishment you should definitely be proud of!! As someone who has fought with weight issues since my early 20's (I blame my kids' births...
default_laugh.png
) I struggle daily with the ongoing fight with my scale!
default_wacko.png
I've yoyo'd twice and have now decided to do it "my way", but I've been stuck at a certain weight for awhile now which gets frustrating...even with exercise.
default_unsure.png

Anyway....KUDOS to you!!! You did it!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Wonderful I know how hard that had to be I have been trying to lose 40 pounds and it is slow going. Congratulations.

I agree with everyone else - you have a RIGHT to be PROUD of YOURSELF!! You obviously have a lot of willpower to lose so much and to hang in there for the length of time it took to get it off. GREAT JOB
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back