75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DONNA!!! YES THAT HIS HIMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Maybe someone should point out to Mr. Trembly that he IS 71 now and if something happened to him all the horses would probably be sent to slaughter. I'm sure he wouldn't want that to happen.
Rest assured, no horses would go to slaughter. There are enought caring people that would step up if he has no family to look after dispersing the herd. The rescues would never allow them to be slaughter bound.

That's if they knew something had happened. I don't know if the state takes over with that or not. That's something I would worry about if I were in his position.

I believe, if nothing else and with all this publicity, that the herd will be monitored by the authorities but don't forget the neighbours are aware and have also stepped up to help. I would think, God forbid, when Mr. Trembly is no longer of this earth, that at the very least, should there be no family to look after the dispersal, that either the "state" or neighbours would be there for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will probably tick some people off, so go ahead. I actually don't care.

I've been trying to contact Gini and I've PMd and emailed Marty with no response. I understand everyone is totally overwhelmed with trying to keep up with updates, etc, so no problem. I'll state my offer here.

I can still take up to 20 to foster. How about I agree to keep them through the winter, feed them, worm, vaccinate, farrier, etc. Once spring is here Mr. T decides at that time if he really wants them back or if we can place them in perm homes. If he wants them back, I will bring them back. If he has realized he has enough without them, they can be placed with the help of CMHR.

Let me know if anyone involved wants me to head that way with the trailer. I'm five hours away.
Parmela, I think that is an excellent idea and a generous offer on your part. I would hope that knowing his horses would be warm, well-fed, and cared for over winter would be important to Mr. Trembly, and having a "safety net" per se of getting them back may help him part with that many more of them right now. When spring comes, he may feel differently in that he is okay with them not being on his farm, and may feel more comfortable with re-homing them at that time.

I think any creative solution to helping these horses should not be overlooked. Thinking "outside of the box" to help these horses should be welcomed. I agree with many posts that, bottom-line, getting help to these horses first and foremost is key.

(I also must add that watching the news footage of the little horses being loaded into trailers showed how really thin many of them really are. Still photos do not give the benefit of 3-D and I think some of those horses actually looked worse on film. Winter coats also make some horses look heavier than in reality. JMHO.)

Unfortunately Jane those are questions no one can answer. There are a lot of people near the area who are aware of the problem now who weren't before. I do believe the Sheriff will continue to keep his eye on things - after all, he did come out yesterday to check things out and he definitely encouraged us to "keep talking to him" , " keep dealing with him". I'm hoping that, in addition to he and Officer Davis, a lot of Vern's new acquaintenances who live nearer him will keep an eye on things too. It just isn't possible for those of us who are so far away to do it.

There were about 10 round bales there yesterday. I know they too will eventually be gone. But hopefully those of us who pay for the horses we get will help pay the feed bills for the ones he keeps. And believe me, after meeting him, I can say I don't think for a minute he's going to let them all go. I honestly think the smaller his herd gets the more he's going to ask for them. I think he'll eventually quit putting a price on any of them.

All any of want is for the horses to be cared for and we're getting that done a few at a time. The rest will be Vern's responsibility, hopefully with the help of his friends.

Edited to add: Danielle if that's him make some calls. Only 3 trailers have taken horses. One was Victor McMillian, the other Mike (Tnkrtoy) was with, the 3rd was the one the stallions we bought were loaded on yesterday. That one was pulled by Sharon White-Lewis of the Ks Mini Horse Club (although I really don't believe he was on the trailer I helped load). You should be able to contact all of them through the internet to ask about him. GOOD LUCK FINDING HIM!!!

This is so true, what AppyLover2 says, we can't dictate the rest of the guy's life, since none of us are in charge of the universe. I think the best thing is for all these new people to befriend the guy, and stop over frequently to see how he (and the HORSES) are doing. Then if he DOES need help, it is so much easier to get help from a true friend, instead of someone trying to butt into your life and boss you around.

In the meantime the goal to help those horses that were the worse off is being accomplished, and all anyone can do is go forward and see what the future holds.

This sort of thing can happen anywhere. There is a guy in my county who is borderline like this about goats, but last year several people sat down with him and had a good long talk, and one of those people was me. I am happy to say our little talks made a difference - that, and a lot of people refused to sell him anything until he could prove he could care for what he had. He has since got the numbers down and the goats left are in 100% better shape. But I won't stop being his friend, or checking on those goats, ever. I bet the good people in KS are the exact same way.

I am going to put this up here because first off I want all and everyone that had a hand in this need to know how international this went and the caring is universal!!!!

This is a pm I received on another forum I belong to from Princess Alia Hussein of Jordan. She is the daughter of King Hussein of Jordan and very much a horse person

Affiliations:
President of the Royal Jordanian Equestrian Federation since 1993

Honorary President of the Jordanian Philatelic Society

Honorary President of the Circassian Ladies' Welfare Society

Honorary President of the Society for the Development & Welfare of Rural Women

Patron-Brooke Hospital for Animals, UK, Princess Alia Clinic Wadi Musa

Governor-British Arab Horse Society
Here is her message and it's FOR ALL OF YOU :aktion033:

Personal Messagealiaalhussein minis, Today, 07:12 PM

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 21

My server was down for two days, but these are GREAT developments, well DONE!!! If you need some financial help to care for any of them over there, I am happy to pitch in and help . please let me know. God Bless and best of luck!

Danielle what a very generous offer that was, and what a compassionate person she must be to make such an offer across national boundaries. Please extend my thanks to her for caring.

As all of this gets sorted out we need to look forward. What can we put together as a standing offer to people who are having trouble caring for their horses due to financial issues or their health has changed to the point that they need to have their horses moved before it becomes a matter of harm or distress to the horses. Is there a standing safety network we can offer that will not publicly embarass or lynch the owners in need then people may be more willing to come forward; a safety net organized to gather people in the area and around the world to lend a hand to get the herd reduced or sold off? We have the Rescue groups for the dire situations, but what about before it becomes dire? Any thoughts?

Thanks Donna for the info on the stallion I am looking for. Yes I sent an email earlier asking about him from the other rescue group. I am waiting to hear back if they have him, if he has been permanently re-homed and if they need financial help to get him healthy again. Thanks for everything Donna and yes isn't it amazing about the "horse community" as far as Jordan. Yes, she is a very compassionate horse woman, has done some remarkable things on the other forum for members there as well.

As all of this gets sorted out we need to look forward. What can we put together as a standing offer to people who are having trouble caring for their horses due to financial issues or their health has changed to the point that they need to have their horses moved before it becomes a matter of harm or distress to the horses. Is there a standing safety network we can offer that will not publicly embarass or lynch the owners in need then people may be more willing to come forward; a safety net organized to gather people in the area and around the world to lend a hand to get the herd reduced or sold off? We have the Rescue groups for the dire situations, but what about before it becomes dire? Any thoughts?
I think that is a wonderful idea! I am going to try to engage my brain and come up with some ideas. Maybe, we could start by asking forum administrators as to their thoughts about a forum topic of "When In Need" or "I Need Help" that could used world wide on all horse forums for people asking for help.

JOHN AND I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS AFTER HIS STAY IN THE HOSPITAL. HE UNDERWENT A HEART CATH YESTERDAY MORNING AND HE IS HOME ALREADY. THX FOR THE PRAYERS BECAUSE I TRUELY BELIEVE IN THEM. IT SOUNDS LIKE MR.T IS COMING AROUND AND THAT IS A GOOD THING. I JUST NOW HAVE HAD TIME TO GO GET JOHNS MEDICINES AND SWING BY THE FEED STORE AND P/U THE 30 BAGS OF PLATFORM MINI FEED AND FLY MASKS TO HELP WITH THEIR EYES. AND HURRY HOME. THE TWO RESCUES WE TOOK IN WILL BE TRANSFERED TO ROSEHILL KS. THIS W/E (THANK YOU KATHY FOR THE HELP) OUR INTENTIONS WERE TO FOSTER THESE TWO MINIS AND THEN PLACE THEM BUT WITH JOHNS HEALTH AND DOCTORS APPTS AND TESTS OVER THE NX SEVERAL WEEKS I FELT THAT I COULD NOT PROVIDE THE CARE THEY WILL BE NEEDING.(IRONIC ISN'T IT-A RESCUER GETTING RESCUED) THEY ARE DOING GOOD-ONE IS A WHITE MARE (SHE NICKERS FOR ME WHEN SHE SEE'S ME-HENCE HER NAME IS NOW "NICKERS" AND THE LITTLE WHITE STUD OR GELDING - HIS NAME IS "BOO" (VET DOES NOT KNOW IF HE IS GELDED-SAID THAT BECAUSE OF HIS CONDTION ISSUES HE MAY NOT BE DROPPED YET) AND WHOEVER IS LOOKING FOR THAT WHITE STUD HE IS THE ONE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR I THINK. WE REMOVED HIM WITH THE FIRST TEN HORSES AND WILL BE GOING TO HIS NEW FOSTER HOME THIS W/E CALL ME 620-394-2993- I HOPE TO ATTEND THE LAST W/E TO HELP CLEAN MR. TS PROPERTY---AGAIN KUDOOS TO ALL OF YOU-AND IF ANY RESCUERS NEED SOME OF THE PLATFORM MINI FEED I PURCHASED 30 BAGS TO HELP OUT-LET ME KNOW
default_wub.png
: ....JUDY & JOHN MOORE...www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com

Judy, thank God that John had a successful surgery! Many, many people were praying for him. And thank you for taking time to go get that feed. You've gone above and beyond at such a time of personal crisis. :aktion033: I'm so glad that you are letting someone else take on the responsibility of fostering, though I'm sure you would have been a great place for them to be (and already have been.)

Keep us posted on John's progress. We'll continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
default_yes.gif
:

I think the idea of a "Fall back" safety net type fund is a great one- it would however need careful thinking or it could end up tying up valuable resources- maybe a national, rather than individual rescue based, fund???

CMHR does just that I believe. I think that most of there horses are owner turn ins(or well alot of them) that just cant take care of them anymore and then they are placed in foster homes ect.

Judy

I am so glad that your husband is back home. I know that you wanted to keep the rescues but you will have plenty of running around with dr.'s appts.. I will keep you and John in my thoughts.

We had someone here advertise to get someone to lease their 3 horses for $150 a month each for the winter months only. As the person leasing you would be responsible for feed, board, farrier, worming, any vet expences etc... Then they wanted them back when the weather turned good. They said it was because they could not afford the horses for the winter. Several people told her to sell the horses. She refused saying "Not with what I have invested in them" Sound famillier? Why can't people take responsibility for what they have and if they can't, then sell them. No matter what price they can get for them.

One of the stallion pens. We got the sorrel with the flaxen mane from this group.

ksmin10Oct9.jpg
Donna,

Thank you for posting pictures.

I spotted a buckskin looking mini in an early picture and it just tugged at my heart, now it looks like he's made it into one of your pictures. Its so hard to be sure looking at pictures on line taken by different people at different angles, but I think you may have captured the one I'm drawn to.

Its the buckskin-looking one left side of the picture (next to the palomino/silver bay). I would like to foster/adopt (buy) this one if we can figure out a way to get it me (I'm in eastern Montana, almost to the Canadian border).

I wonder if he would be willing to part with a few on the terms of "life time leases" to some youngsters for show horses? It must be incredibly hard to imagine parting with so many, but maybe if he thought he still had some investment in their futures and could pictue them with a loving family and being enjoyed as a show (or childs pet) horse he might be more inclined? I know I would never sell my guy, but if I came to the point I could not care for him, I would place him in a long term, or life time lease with a loving family (preferably with children who would get some use out of him).

Chanda, Mr Trembly's phone no. has been posted many times and he is has allowed people to buy some of them so call him and see if he will sell you that one. It is a way for him to feel better with getting something for them and it doesn't look like one that needs immediate attention so would not need rescuing for now. Mary

One of the stallion pens. We got the sorrel with the flaxen mane from this group.
Donna,

Thank you for posting pictures.

I spotted a buckskin looking mini in an early picture and it just tugged at my heart, now it looks like he's made it into one of your pictures. Its so hard to be sure looking at pictures on line taken by different people at different angles, but I think you may have captured the one I'm drawn to.

Its the buckskin-looking one left side of the picture (next to the palomino/silver bay). I would like to foster/adopt (buy) this one if we can figure out a way to get it me (I'm in eastern Montana, almost to the Canadian border).

Thanks Donna for the info on the stallion I am looking for. Yes I sent an email earlier asking about him from the other rescue group. I am waiting to hear back if they have him, if he has been permanently re-homed and if they need financial help to get him healthy again. Thanks for everything Donna and yes isn't it amazing about the "horse community" as far as Jordan. Yes, she is a very compassionate horse woman, has done some remarkable things on the other forum for members there as well.

Danielle if you are looking in to cross border transport give this gal a shot. Her name is Mary Mykytyn and she lives in the Ottawa area. She makes regular trips back and forth to all parts of the US and Canada. She knows the importing business inside and out. Her pricing is better than I think you will likely find anywhere especially given the quality of service. This is her e-mail and goes to her blackberry when she is on the road and generally returns calls when she makes stops en route. Assuming she can get a signal of course which in some areas can be problematic.

[email protected]

Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back