75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, yes I have used Mary before, had 3 horses come up from Ohio to my place with Mary.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanda, Mr Trembly's phone no. has been posted many times and he is has allowed people to buy some of them so call him and see if he will sell you that one. It is a way for him to feel better with getting something for them and it doesn't look like one that needs immediate attention so would not need rescuing for now. Mary
If I can find out if the horse in question is still on Vern's property, then I may just do that. Its so hard being so far away, but I want to help and that little one spoke to me.

JOHN AND I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS AFTER HIS STAY IN THE HOSPITAL. HE UNDERWENT A HEART CATH YESTERDAY MORNING AND HE IS HOME ALREADY. THX FOR THE PRAYERS BECAUSE I TRUELY BELIEVE IN THEM. IT SOUNDS LIKE MR.T IS COMING AROUND AND THAT IS A GOOD THING. I JUST NOW HAVE HAD TIME TO GO GET JOHNS MEDICINES AND SWING BY THE FEED STORE AND P/U THE 30 BAGS OF PLATFORM MINI FEED AND FLY MASKS TO HELP WITH THEIR EYES. AND HURRY HOME. THE TWO RESCUES WE TOOK IN WILL BE TRANSFERED TO ROSEHILL KS. THIS W/E (THANK YOU KATHY FOR THE HELP) OUR INTENTIONS WERE TO FOSTER THESE TWO MINIS AND THEN PLACE THEM BUT WITH JOHNS HEALTH AND DOCTORS APPTS AND TESTS OVER THE NX SEVERAL WEEKS I FELT THAT I COULD NOT PROVIDE THE CARE THEY WILL BE NEEDING.(IRONIC ISN'T IT-A RESCUER GETTING RESCUED) THEY ARE DOING GOOD-ONE IS A WHITE MARE (SHE NICKERS FOR ME WHEN SHE SEE'S ME-HENCE HER NAME IS NOW "NICKERS" AND THE LITTLE WHITE STUD OR GELDING - HIS NAME IS "BOO" (VET DOES NOT KNOW IF HE IS GELDED-SAID THAT BECAUSE OF HIS CONDTION ISSUES HE MAY NOT BE DROPPED YET) AND WHOEVER IS LOOKING FOR THAT WHITE STUD HE IS THE ONE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR I THINK. WE REMOVED HIM WITH THE FIRST TEN HORSES AND WILL BE GOING TO HIS NEW FOSTER HOME THIS W/E CALL ME 620-394-2993- I HOPE TO ATTEND THE LAST W/E TO HELP CLEAN MR. TS PROPERTY---AGAIN KUDOOS TO ALL OF YOU-AND IF ANY RESCUERS NEED SOME OF THE PLATFORM MINI FEED I PURCHASED 30 BAGS TO HELP OUT-LET ME KNOW
default_wub.png
: ....JUDY & JOHN MOORE...www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com
:saludando: Hi Judy, I called but you were out with the horses so I spoke to your hubby, hi John :saludando:

Judy I sent you a pm, no need to call me back. There is confusion if that is the one in the picture that I was talking about but that doesn't matter. Boo sounds like he needs some help so the offer stands. Will wait for the email from his new caretakers
default_yes.gif
:

Chandab I think if I were you I'd call Victor McMillian. He's supposed to be going there tomorrow, he has a rescue that CHMR is working with, and evidently (according to Ginny) he and Vern have a good rapport. He just might be able to pick him up for you tomorrow, keep him til vet work can be done then load him up for you when the shipper gets there. GOOD LUCK WITH HIM!!!

I guess I should also mention, for anyone who's interested, that when we ask about some of them (there was a roan I liked) Vern would steer us toward others. I think there may be some he isn't planning to let go. But if the price was right.........who knows.

Actually there are several buckskins there. We took 4 or 5 from the other stallion pen yesterday. Since Vern had his 6 team of buckskins, my guess is he concentrated part of his breeding program on buckskins.

Speaking of his team, he showed us a picture (it's also shown on the Fox4 newscast from yesterday). He said with great pride "It's the only team in the world of 6 registered miniature buckskins."

Chandab I think if I were you I'd call Victor McMillian. He's supposed to be going there tomorrow, he has a rescue that CHMR is working with, and evidently (according to Ginny) he and Vern have a good rapport. He just might be able to pick him up for you tomorrow, keep him til vet work can be done then load him up for you when the shipper gets there. GOOD LUCK WITH HIM!!!

I guess I should also mention, for anyone who's interested, that when we ask about some of them (there was a roan I liked) Vern would steer us toward others. I think there may be some he isn't planning to let go. But if the price was right.........who knows.

Actually there are several buckskins there. We took 4 or 5 from the other stallion pen yesterday. Since Vern had his 6 team of buckskins, my guess is he concentrated part of his breeding program on buckskins.

Speaking of his team, he showed us a picture (it's also shown on the Fox4 newscast from yesterday). He said with great pride "It's the only team in the world of 6 registered miniature buckskins."
Can you tell me how to get ahold of Victor; phone number and e-mail addy (e-mail would be easier, then I could send him the pictures)?

Also, I'd like to be able to verify if the horse in question is still there or not. So, I guess if I could get the pics to Victor, he might be able to help me in that capacity.

THanks.

Hi

I am so glad Mr Trmebly is being cooperative.
default_yes.gif
:

The rescuers and everyone "behind the scenes" have been great. It seems now everyone is once again pulling together to make things happen again only this time going about it in a different way. :bgrin I applaud :aktion033: everyone that has been involved in this case. This is a wonderful bunch helping these little guys!
default_yes.gif
:

Can someone please get me the links to as many of the online news stories from the TV stations. I just got my DSL today so I would really like to watch them.[/B]

You may PM them to me. I have looked back alot of pages and went to one and it was not on there.

Thanks

Jeri

Gosh I don't even remember the name of his rescue. Let me see if I can scroll back and find it. Also, unless the horse was moved after 4 pm yesterday, it will should be there tomorrow. Vern was away from the farm today; so I think your chances are good that he's still there.

Hang on while I go search.

Thanks EMB. I think that matches what I found:

Southern Winds Equine Rescue & Recovery Center

590 East 70th Avenue North

Wellington, Kansas 67152

Phone: 316-858-3233

Fax: 316-361-0398

Email: [email protected]

Web Site: www.southernwindsequinerescue.org

Click here for city/map location

I got this online

Victor McMullen 1-316-858-3233

1-620-262-7564 cell

[email protected]

Can you tell me how to get ahold of Victor; phone number and e-mail addy (e-mail would be easier, then I could send him the pictures)?

Also, I'd like to be able to verify if the horse in question is still there or not. So, I guess if I could get the pics to Victor, he might be able to help me in that capacity.

THanks.

I got this online

Victor McMullen 1-316-858-3233

1-620-262-7564 cell

[email protected]
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Gosh I don't even remember the name of his rescue. Let me see if I can scroll back and find it. Also, unless the horse was moved after 4 pm yesterday, it will should be there tomorrow. Vern was away from the farm today; so I think your chances are good that he's still there.

Hang on while I go search.

Thanks EMB. I think that matches what I found:

Southern Winds Equine Rescue & Recovery Center

590 East 70th Avenue North

Wellington, Kansas 67152

Phone: 316-858-3233

Fax: 316-361-0398

Email: [email protected]

Web Site: www.southernwindsequinerescue.org

Click here for city/map location
Thank you. I've sent him an e-mail to start. :bgrin

Hi

default_yes.gif
:

The rescuers and everyone "behind the scenes" have been great. It seems now everyone is once again pulling together to make things happen again only this time going about it in a different way. :bgrin I applaud :aktion033: everyone that has been involved in this case. This is a wonderful bunch helping these little guys!
default_yes.gif
:

Can someone please get me the links to as many of the online news stories from the TV stations. I just got my DSL today so I would really like to watch them.[/B]

You may PM them to me. I have looked back alot of pages and went to one and it was not on there.

Thanks

Jeri
http://kwch.com/ you will have to scroll around to find the stories on the minis

As all of this gets sorted out we need to look forward. What can we put together as a standing offer to people who are having trouble caring for their horses due to financial issues or their health has changed to the point that they need to have their horses moved before it becomes a matter of harm or distress to the horses. Is there a standing safety network we can offer that will not publicly embarass or lynch the owners in need then people may be more willing to come forward; a safety net organized to gather people in the area and around the world to lend a hand to get the herd reduced or sold off? We have the Rescue groups for the dire situations, but what about before it becomes dire? Any thoughts?
CMHR does just that I believe. I think that most of there horses are owner turn ins(or well alot of them) that just cant take care of them anymore and then they are placed in foster homes ect.

Lisa is right - CMHR has taken in owner surrenders due to owner's circumstances being changed - I think up until now that is the majority of what they have done. The horse rescue I'm with in Iowa does it - we recently took in several purebred registred Arabs in great shape, as the owner was having a lot of problems and her daughter wanted them to go to good homes. I think if you were to contact a lot of rescues you'd find that they are very willing to work with people.

If you are looking to re-home some of this arabians please pm me and I can give you some links to some arabian forums I belong to. I am sure somebody may be very interested in purchasing and giving good homes to them.

How sad is this as well
default_sad.png

this from another forum

Hi Everyone,I have a University of Delaware Veterinary student working with me

who had a class last year involved with breeding and training of

Halflingers at the University of Delaware.

The University is reducing the herd by taking the excessed horses to

New Holland - unless someone will take them and give them homes.

They consist of weanlings, yearlings, pregnant and non pregnant

mares. I am not sure of the timing but it will be soon. Today is

Oct 10, 2007.

The University is selling them for the going meat price at New

Holland - the student here at work bought the yearling he was

working with for $300.00. He is also looking for a place to keep

the horse near Newark, DE, if anyone knows of a place he can board

it.

If you are interested please email me at

[email protected]. Please pass this around.

Thanks,

Suzanne Snajdr

I have to say, that the progress that this group has made is INCREDIBLE!! Everyone involved should be soo soo proud! So many minis have been saved. We have been told that not all of them needed immediate help, and the ones that needed it were helped first. I totally believe that working with Vern will do the most for the minis. I am in Ohio, so I can't do a lot to help, but I have been reduced to tears so many times to hear how much Ginny, Gini, Marty, Jess, and others have been doing on their behalf. And I have so much more respect for Vern now. I think he was overwhelmed and has since realized that people really are trying to help him. If I was closer, I would try to buy 1 or 2. I have room here for a couple, that's for sure. If someone foster's them out and needs homes for them, please contact me. I would be more than happy to help out. And I would do everything I could to do give them wonderful homes!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS GONE OUT THERE TO SEE THIS THROUGH, AND TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONE ANYTHING BEHIND THE SCENES. BASICALLY, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE AND EVERY MINI THANKS YOU. EVEN THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T BEEN TAKEN AWAY HAVE MUCH BETTER LIVING CONDITIONS. YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!!
default_wub.png
:

As all of this gets sorted out we need to look forward. What can we put together as a standing offer to people who are having trouble caring for their horses due to financial issues or their health has changed to the point that they need to have their horses moved before it becomes a matter of harm or distress to the horses. Is there a standing safety network we can offer that will not publicly embarass or lynch the owners in need then people may be more willing to come forward; a safety net organized to gather people in the area and around the world to lend a hand to get the herd reduced or sold off? We have the Rescue groups for the dire situations, but what about before it becomes dire? Any thoughts?
CMHR does just that I believe. I think that most of there horses are owner turn ins(or well alot of them) that just cant take care of them anymore and then they are placed in foster homes ect.

Lisa is right - CMHR has taken in owner surrenders due to owner's circumstances being changed - I think up until now that is the majority of what they have done. The horse rescue I'm with in Iowa does it - we recently took in several purebred registred Arabs in great shape, as the owner was having a lot of problems and her daughter wanted them to go to good homes. I think if you were to contact a lot of rescues you'd find that they are very willing to work with people.
Let me see if I can help with this some so that the current BOD can get some much deserved rest.

When we (all members of this forum) started the rescue after a horse named Chance changed our lives, the idea was to try to have it be a rescue that focused on prevention along with trying to save horses that were in dire need. The idea was to try to get the animals into our hands before they were in serious heath troubles and to do what ever we could to help those that for what ever reason were neglected. And all of this was to be centered around a policy of being NON-JUDGEMENTAL towards the owner as we knew that this would be critical to our efforts. If we can gain the trust of the owner, then it is so much easier to get the owner to accept our help.

So with that in mind, the first couple of years most of the rescues were horses that needed help immediately. They were either surrendered to us voluntarily or they were purchased. Many could be saved, some, unfortunately were so bad off that they could not be saved. As I recall, during those first couple of years, rarely did the owners come directly to us. Most horses we had were from our members finding them. But as time went on, more people started to come to us before their horses were in neglected condition knowing that our policy was to be non-judgemental.

I am not sure of the cases in the past couple of years since I had to leave to focus on personal family issues, but I will say that all the policies are in place to encourage CMHR members to NOT JUDGE those people that CMHR is working with. I will also say that at the foundation of CMHR was the idea that if we could gain the trust of the people that are in need and protect them from critisism and humiliation, then maybe CMHR would be able to be instumental in aiding horses BEFORE they got to be unhealthy.

Also, each member of this forum should keep in mind that CMHR and many members of this forum are directly linked. Without the individual member support from this forum, CMHR would have a hard time helping as many horses as they have. It is the generous hearts of the members of this fourm that give CMHR the funds and the homes to place horses into until they are adopted.

It is heart wrenching work, and honestly it is very hard to be non-judgemental when every ounce of one's being is screaming out in anger over the atrocities that are being witnessed. But, when one places in their mind that those that are horders, or those that just don't care, or those that are abusive are not mentally healthy, then it becomes easier to remain calm in the dealings with the individual that owns the horses. Remember, we need to try to seperate our hearts from our minds in these cases. Again, very tough to do. If we can approach the situation with more logic than emotion, our chances of success greatly increases. When the owners feel we care about them, then that is when we have the breakthroughs into getting the horses released to us.

All of us who are screaming "How can they do this, can't they see the troubles?" are not in the same mental state as those that don't see it. Those that don't see it have some unhealthy issues that most of us do not. That is how I keep my mind in balance. I look at it as a sickness.... Not easy to do, but it allows me to have some compassion and mercy towards the person and in the process, maybe I can, while helping save the animals, leave those owners that I am working with in a better "place" than they were before I entered their life.

And that is what those visiting with Mr. Trembly are experiencing. I would be that they are hopeful that while they help the animals that the man behind the animals is also not forgotten. Yes, the animals are the most important end result with rescue, but humanity should also be a guiding factor.

Sunquest. WELL SAID!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Shelia

Hi

default_yes.gif
:

default_yes.gif
:

Thanks

Jeri
http://kwch.com/ you will have to scroll around to find the stories on the minis

THANK YOU SO MUCH MINIE812!!!!!
default_cheers.gif
: :worshippy:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

You made some very good points Nila. Thank you.

One of my concerns is that the frustration and anger we've posted on this forum may have damaged Chances Mini Horse Rescue's image.

I find myself wondering how many people would voluntarily come to them if they'd read this 176 pages. I honestly wonder if I would. I'm not sure I'd contact an organization that I thought would cause me the kind of nationwide embarassment and grief that our venting on this forum has caused. We've slandered, bad-mouthed and ridiculed just about everyone involved from Mr. Trembly to Sheriff Coleman up through individuals at all levels of Kansas government. People with cooler heads have repeatedly asked us to cease and desist, but it continued on to the point of adnausium.

In hindsight that was definitely not the way to handle things. In hindsight I wish, when we've needed to vent, we had typed our opinion, anger and frustration then hit the Delete button rather than the Add Reply button. I honestly wish I could take back the negative things I said because they were certainly not conducive to good public relations for CMHR. Instead of showing the world that we are a group of caring, non-judgemental individuals we sounded, quite often, too often, like a lynch mob.

Yes we got the media attention we needed. Yes we are finally getting some of the horses moved. But at what cost to the reputation of CMHR?

If I, by any of my actions or comments, in any way tarnished the reputation of Chances Miniature Horse Rescue I humbly apologize!

And while I'm apologizing I'd like to add my apologies to anyone I may have unfairly judged. I'm truely sorry if I caused anyone pain.

This is my first and will be my last post on this subject. I have sat here and read just about every post and can not believe you lynched this man. Yes he needed help opening his eyes but the way it was handled was way out of line. Shame on the person that posted his name, address and phone number. CMHR is suppose to rescue and not judge but look at all these posts lynching this man. The posts may have not been done by CMHR members but the whole world thinks you all are linked together. Sad to say this "rescue" has given CMHR a bad name.

Appylover2 this rescue did do damage, I have recvd phone calls about this rescue and the way it has been handled. There are people that no longer trust CMHR because of the publicity this one got and how it was handled.

Next time lets keep it quiet and not post the owners name, phone and address. Posting the state should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back