75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out of town for the last week and am just starting to catch up on all thats been happening. I think we were on page 60 when I left. Please forgive me if someone has already thought of this as I have not read all posts but...has anyone contacted the Chamber of Commerce for Unionville or the closest town. Chamber members are often business owners that want to promote a happy,healthy,safe and drug free town. Their own businesses depend on this....I know from experience ( Im a local member ) that we act quickly not to cover up but to correct any wrongs when they happen around here and that, most certainly, includes elected and hired officials. We need to let the people that live,work and go to school in this town know what is happening... right under their noses...on their street....in their fields. I will now try to locate address for their local C of C and hope others too will bombard them w/emails.

Heidi

If you guys scroll back here through the archives a few pages, you'll find that many of your questions have already been answered.

DO y'all ever get creative???

I am totally for getting creative

Last edited by a moderator:
And the only way to prevent it happening again is to follow the laws of the state/county.
NO! The only way to prevent this from happening over and over again and putting up with the slow wheels..... is to change the laws and ensure that your officials in power are held accountable for not enacting the laws that were brought in. Being apathetic and just accepting this is not the way to go, sorry. Otherwise why bother having laws at all.

I can see it now Marty....get a convoy of the truckers and a gang of bikers to create a disturbance at one end of town while "mysteriously" the horses get abducted by aliens on the other side of town!! LOL (I have a very creative son, too)

I posted this link earlier today, it's a conviction of two individuals on cruelty charges for the minis in their care. Please read the beginning and tell me if the description of the conditions the horses found themselves in, lack of water, etc. is any different than what is going on in Uniontown at the moment. I do not see much of a difference, if anything the Uniontown case is worse. Notice as well that it did not take a rescue organization like CMHR or other for the wheels of justice to be put in place. The DA needs to read this precedent and answer to why he/she will not at least mandate that a state veterinarian should investigate and report - leave the sheriff out of it because we all know where his allegiance lies and it's not to uphold the laws of his county, that's for sure.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/4823/MA/US/

Sorry..I should have been THINKING instead of typing.

I did not mean to offend the GOOD people of Kansas but this waiting while the horses suffer got to me and I am sorry if I offended anyone.....

And the only way to prevent it happening again is to follow the laws of the state/county.
NO! The only way to prevent this from happening over and over again and putting up with the slow wheels..... is to change the laws and ensure that your officials in power are held accountable for not enacting the laws that were brought in. Being apathetic and just accepting this is not the way to go, sorry. Otherwise why bother having laws at all.

I have yet to figure out exactly how changing the laws or making new ones will help if the ones that exist aren't being enforced
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

What we are experiencing is what is so wrong in this country....existing laws do not get enforced so people rush to pass new laws........we need to keep pressuring these people to enforce the laws on their books....

there is nothing APATHETIC about continuing to try and get the authorities to do their job.

This is near the end of the article

In a confrontation outside the courthouse Friday, Arnowitz told nearly a dozen trainers and breeders who have questioned his treatment of the horses that, while the horses had lost significant weight during the winter, his veterinarian had determined that their health had improved.
''They love me, and I love them," he said of his horses.
Gee, doesn't that just sound a tad familiar reasoning "I just love them, more than life"

there is nothing APATHETIC about continuing to try and get the authorities to do their job.
To me there is apathy when you say, well that is just the way it is, nothing can be done about, so just work within the law. The law? The law is not being followed in this case, the supposed law, the Sheriff refuses to follow any logic and enact the laws of the state. Sorry, doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. We keep getting told that the person who can do something in this care, the Sheriff, heck we found today he hasn't even reported this to anyone..... so we should all just state to everyone here, don't worry, just let this ride, that is just the way it is.. eventually something might happen...maybe.
Perhaps the law stating that in the case where the Sheriff is the end all and be all of making a choice on animal abuse that the law could state that any received complaint must be filed with the DA office for reference should additional information come to light and that an investigation needs to be requested by the DA to either prove or disprove the validity of the complaint.

That would solve the problem of this sheriff not having done a darn thing at all. Without the sheriff at this point, no complaint, no state vet, NOTHING! no further investigation, horses still starving....perhaps dying

Good for you Faye...I too would not withold food from them for that is being just as bad as Trembly is doing. :no: :no: I think there are others who are very concerned abou tese minis and I think they are doing something also...I keep praying because I can't give up hope for them. Mary

Susan O. posted that she did talk with him, but was not able to get him to agree to give up horses at this time.

This is hard for me to say because I hurt for those minis but I sure hope no one donates feed to this man. It's a quick fix for him and I'm so afraid that as soon as all this dies down things will go back to just the way they are now. Why wouldn't they?
I can't justify why we should not want these poor horses fed and watered when all I can think of is how pathetic they are, so hungry and thirsty. So abandoned. If I could I would be feeding them and watering them- Trembly be d----d. I believe the legal system will eventually win out. But what good is the win if the horses are dead?

A little food and water is not going to pull the old coot's n-ts out of the fire. With Ronni's help letting us know what is going on, we will continue to heap the coals on his head.

I am praying that the good folks of Uniontown will take it upon themselves to take care of the minis. As far as I know the only villians in Uniontown are Trembly and the sheriff.

Be honest- could you be around them and not try to give them something to eat or something to drink.

Just go without a drink for as long as you can and then start thinking about wanting that drink of water, it will drive you insane.

I plan to go there on Thursday- just to take a look see. If I see empty water buckets, you can be sure I will put water in them. Now look into your heart and tell me you would not do the same.

Faye

Does anyone here have access to the AMHA-AMHR studbook to see if Trembly or Coleman have horses in their names?

Vicki, can some of these convictions of abuse in the state of Kansas or other states that have the same laws perhaps be used if it gets to that point as showing a precedent? Can these be shown to the DA by the rescue going in there tomorrow to see the DA?

This is near the end of the article

In a confrontation outside the courthouse Friday, Arnowitz told nearly a dozen trainers and breeders who have questioned his treatment of the horses that, while the horses had lost significant weight during the winter, his veterinarian had determined that their health had improved.
''They love me, and I love them," he said of his horses.
Gee, doesn't that just sound a tad familiar reasoning "I just love them, more than life"

To me there is apathy when you say, well that is just the way it is, nothing can be done about, so just work within the law. The law? The law is not being followed in this case, the supposed law, the Sheriff refuses to follow any logic and enact the laws of the state. Sorry, doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. We keep getting told that the person who can do something in this care, the Sheriff, heck we found today he hasn't even reported this to anyone..... so we should all just state to everyone here, don't worry, just let this ride, that is just the way it is.. eventually something might happen...maybe.
If you carefully read the case you cited you will discover the horses were never removed. The neglect had been going on for several years.

I believe it has been stated that there is a rescue that is trying to file complaint/charges.......it has to be a kansas registered rescue........in the meantime I believe everyone here is still putting the screws to both the sheriff and the DA. Short of breaking the law and committing horse theft, this is where its at.....and I am sure the sheriffs phone will continue to ring off the hook starting first thing tomorrow morning. Tracking down the various senators and house reps has proved more difficult as they are not in session and many do not have easy to find home email/fax.........some go so far as to just bounce their mail while out of session a few have nice form letters on auto responder.......

This is another exercise in american law and justice and politics

Here's an interesting link. Seems the Kansas Governor has passed some animal cruelty laws since she's been in office. Wonder why she isn't interested in seeing that they're enforced.

http://network.bestfriends.org/kansas/news/3053.html[/url]

Another article says in 2005 she was named by Time Magazine as one of the "5 Best Governors in America".

Marty, pages and pages ago.....somewhere before page 56 somebody already posted what she found. As I remember there were quite a few in Verns name.

Isn't there any one at all that can go there and watch what is going on? Documentation each day is very important...we can't just speculate and listen to rumors...can money be used from the contributions to see that someone is watching? Mary

Isn't there any one at all that can go there and watch what is going on?

Yes Virginia already addresed this tonite

Danielle

US Senator Sam Brownback

US Senator Pat Roberts

State Senator (didn't write first name) Barone - House and Senate are not in session, but he does have a business email address.

Sent messages to all of them. No response. Hope you have better luck!!

This is another exercise in american law and justice and politics
Yes I see that. Well I am off to bed. There is a situation not far from me that I was not aware of pertaiining to some horses, apparently this individual's neighbours have filed complaints, investigation was done by our Humane Society and provisions put in place and because of my proximity I am now taking much more walks in that area just to keep an eye out. We are lucky here that the Humane Society has the power to investigate on a complaint from a citizen and also has the power of seizure. I truly hope that someday that perhaps this will be the case for the states in the U.S. Some may have that power now but perhaps all state Humane Societies should have that power as they truly are the ones that are out there solely for the sake of animals.

Nite all and lets hope tomorrow brings some good news for these minis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back