75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. As I was looking thru the pictures very thoroughly I found it strange there was no visible

manure in the pens. I some in the pictures of the horses out but not enough for as many horses.
It is likely that the horses in the pens are eating the manure, the photo of the goats has lots of visible manure and the goats do not appear as undernourished I would guess they were recently acquired? or the photos are deceptive.

To All Forum Members:

Please feel free to copy and send any post and pictures posted by me or any other Board Member of CMHR. You do so with our blessings.

There will be another thread started shorty by our Secretary Shannon with all the contact phone numbers, emails etc that have been posted here. You may add additional numbers and emails but please do not post any comments on that thread. It will be for information only. When it is posted can one of the moderators please pin it for us?

There have been many wonderful ideas put forth on this thread and we are following up on the ones we can. However, CMHR is small and cannot do all of them. Those of you that posted please follow up on your own with our blessing. If efforts are duplicated so much the better.

Also remember that emails and calls going to public officials probably will not be received by them till Tuesday as Monday is a Holiday.

As for our "Plan of Action", well we are going to go at Mr Trembly from several directions. EPA (Waste Dump with harmful elements) Animal abuse, possible fraud re: Gvt subsidies, Gvt housing, whatever will work to get him to release those minis. CMHR is going to hire a lawyer to advise us on what we can/cannot do. If anyone is a lawyer or knows one that is an animal lover, please contact me. We don't have a lot of money and I would rather use it for the minis but if it the only way to get these minis then we'll do it. The money won't help the minis if we can't get them.

Please, all of you keep the emails going, don't stop at just one or two. Re-email all the ones that don't answer and keep sending till we get an answer that we can use.

Thank you all,

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR

When I was there, I took a quick count and came up with approximately 100 head. There were also about 30 goats in one pen about 30' square and yes, they were hungry too!

We have been told that he moved 12, but we do not know where.

Ginny

We do have a forum member who is a attorney and I believe helped many during the "lawsuit" many encountered a while back. I am sure Mary Lou would have her contact info and I will pm you wtih the forum name

I have talked to Jennifer at the newsdesk and for some reason my emails are not getting thru to her she seems at least willing to listen so if you would like to email her

[email protected] is the email. Again try and be nice she is seemingly anyway on our side or well not against it anyway

Last edited:
Hello

I stumbled across this through a craglist post. Has anything else been done to help the poor little guys??? I live in Kansas and am curious. It is such a shame someone is being allowed to treat these little guys this way. Surely something can be done to help them,. I can't belive that this could continue.
default_sad.png

Thank you

Amy

Hi - I'm the lawyer who gets involved in these things. We can't necessarily go through a private lawsuit because there is no civil cause of action one person against another for animal abuse unless ownership issues are involved. What we can do though is go to the guy to allow us to get them moved through some arm twisting. Let me see on Monday what local lawyer resources I may have. I can do the work with a Kansas lawyer as co-counsel. I did not read all of the posts so I wll go back and those caught up. Could someone look to see if this farm or man has any registration papers on some horses with either A or B. I need who he bought them from and where he got them. I'll touch base with who I think I know to help in KS and then do some legal research on what can be done. Let me know if anyone has had any contact with this guy or gets any response back from any of the contacts with authorities. We may need to get a mini group registered with ASPCA with mini's being the territory rather than a geographical location. Vicki [email protected]

Hi - I'm the lawyer who gets involved in these things. We can't necessarily go through a private lawsuit because there is no civil cause of action one person against another for animal abuse unless ownership issues are involved. What we can do though is go to the guy to allow us to get them moved through some arm twisting. Let me see on Monday what local lawyer resources I may have. I can do the work with a Kansas lawyer as co-counsel. I did not read all of the posts so I wll go back and those caught up. Could someone look to see if this farm or man has any registration papers on some horses with either A or B. I need who he bought them from and where he got them. I'll touch base with who I think I know to help in KS and then do some legal research on what can be done. Let me know if anyone has had any contact with this guy or gets any response back from any of the contacts with authorities. We may need to get a mini group registered with ASPCA with mini's being the territory rather than a geographical location. Vicki [email protected]
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: YAY...Vicki to the rescue!! I could just
default_cheekkiss.gif
: you!!! Vicki, I will look his name up in the studbooks to see what I can find for you. As for contacts and response to this, I think you will find your answers after you have read through the entire post.

Hello

I stumbled across this through a craglist post. Has anything else been done to help the poor little guys??? I live in Kansas and am curious. It is such a shame someone is being allowed to treat these little guys this way. Surely something can be done to help them,. I can't belive that this could continue.
default_sad.png

Thank you

Amy
Amy,

I am glad some one saw my post on Craigs list. I will try cross posting it to more of the KS cities on craigs list. People are trying to do a lot to save these horse but there are officials that are blocking the efforts. More people in KS are needed to get the Sheriff and other officials to get help to these animals. People in the State and in that town need to be aware of what is going and and force the elected officials in the state to take action.

Hi - I'm the lawyer who gets involved in these things.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Those minis need you desperately!! As Gini said, some of those downed mares probably have not made it back up. Sickening, but bodies on sight always helps the "imminent danger" piece of things that allows for SEIZURE!!

PLEASE, EVERYONE, DON'T QUIT WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING - DON'T WAIT FOR OTHERS TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO - AT THIS POINT THERE IS JUST NO TIME TO LOSE!!!!! Write e-mails to anyone and everyone, make phone calls, do whatever you can think that MIGHT help!!!

What happened to the pictures in the thread? Many have gone red x.

I have word from a kansas rescue that is willing to do what they can to help....and I may have gotten my Gini's crossed
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: so one of you should be hearing from one of their reps and they may have other connections.

[SIZE=14pt]I have posted a seperate thread with contact information that people have been listing here. Like Ginny said, please don't post there, but if you have additional contacts that need to be added, please PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will get them added. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Here is a link to a short slide show you could add to your emails in the place of pictures if you like. Uniontown Horses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon[/SIZE]

A few quick notes:

Kansas requires breeders and distributors to be licensed. I am certain he is not. The state livestock commissioner is technically in charge of all animal health in the state. I'll try to call on Monday. They can require him to submit to an inspection regarding such a license. He can be fined or put out of business. Rescue groups have to be licensed in order to take action under the statute. In order to be licensed they must have a facility. If the folks with the rescue groups in Kansas are licensed then they can go in and seize the horses, we could go through that judicially. The problem is that if the local law enforcement does not charge him after that, then the rescue group could be sued by him. So it really has to be done in co-operation with the local law enforcement.

If anyone besides Mona has seen a copy of any ads he has placed to sell his horses as a breeder or distributor get me the info. I can use it to get someone to take a look at him. Photos of dead bodies on his property can also cause him to be fined $100/dya until they are buried. Another way to go at him.

From legal front that's all I have dfound so far. Vicki

THANK YOU VICKI
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: It really gives me hope for someone like you to give us information. Mary

A few quick notes:

Kansas requires breeders and distributors to be licensed. I am certain he is not. The state livestock commissioner is technically in charge of all animal health in the state. I'll try to call on Monday. They can require him to submit to an inspection regarding such a license. He can be fined or put out of business. Rescue groups have to be licensed in order to take action under the statute. In order to be licensed they must have a facility. If the folks with the rescue groups in Kansas are licensed then they can go in and seize the horses, we could go through that judicially. The problem is that if the local law enforcement does not charge him after that, then the rescue group could be sued by him. So it really has to be done in co-operation with the local law enforcement.

If anyone besides Mona has seen a copy of any ads he has placed to sell his horses as a breeder or distributor get me the info. I can use it to get someone to take a look at him. Photos of dead bodies on his property can also cause him to be fined $100/dya until they are buried. Another way to go at him.

From legal front that's all I have dfound so far. Vicki

Government subsidies screams of politics and who better to inform of this injustice than Bill O'Reilly? Just a suggestion...any thoughts? Hubby said he remembers Bill O'Reilly doing a news piece on starving horses about a year or so ago.

[email protected]

All I know is, I don't know who could watch that video and not have to drag out the box of kleenex's..... :no: I wish I knew what I could do, other than sending the emails I just sent.... I just want to go there with a trailer and start loading.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Praying for these minis.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

I look at my two fat lawn ornaments and I am sickened by what is going on in Kansas. I have emailed this thread to Oprah, of all people. She has mini's and with a few phone calls she has the power to open doors. She has made a huge difference in the lives of many people. Surely she can help these wonderful creatures. Let's pray that her staff sends the email thru to her attention.

Shelley

Shannon,

Thank you very much for putting the slideshow together!!! You did a wonderful job and it is very moving. We should include a link to it on every email we send.

Thank You!! :aktion033:

Ok, the emails are going out now. If there are any other individuals that should be included on this email, please let me know and I will add them. I have 5 pictures of the Miniatures in this email, but they are not showing up as I copy and paste here. If anyone would like it emailed to them individually so that they can send it out and forward it on, please email me at [email protected] and I will send it to you to forward. We need to reach as many people as we can and continue reaching them - these little guys have no voice except for ours and it will be heard! There is no excuse for the pain and suffering they are going through......none. Also, I will see why our link isn't working and try to fix it, but it is www.celticreinrescue.org

Email going out:

There is a very serious situation going on in Bourbon County, Kansas concerning the welfare of approximately 100 Miniature horses that are starving to death.

Virginia St. Pierre of Chances Miniature Horse Rescue, http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/ has been to the property and has also spoken with the officials in charge of this county, of whom claim there is not a problem and are basically doing nothing to help these poor little creatures that desperately need our help.

Please view this brief video - the pictures are taken from Virginia's trip to get first hand account of the condition these little guys are living in. I will warn you ahead of time, it is heart wrenching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofbRCVwXcaI

Again, we are faced with a situation where horses are being grossly neglected and have no voice to speak for themselves, which is why I am writing this email to gather help from caring individuals of the horse community. We have made our voices be heard together for horses in desperate need before, and again, we must be the voice for these poor animals that can not help themselves.

I am going to list the numbers of those already contacted regarding this situation, as well as individuals and organizations that should be contacted. We will begin calling on Monday and continue to call until these horses receive the help they so desperately need and deserve.

We urge everyone to call the numbers and people listed and we also urge everyone to please remain polite, but firm. If there is also an email, please send a follow up email after your call. They need to know that the country is watching and that we know the situation these horses are in and EXPECT that the proper thing will be done for these tiny horses in short order.

I assure you that every other avenue has been explored, resulting in no help for the horses. It is up to each of us to get help to these horses immediately.

Down and unable to rise

Starving Miniature living in a pen

So that everyone is prepared, they will most likely blame their inaction on another department or person - do not allow it. Ask them who, exactly, we hold accountable for inaction when these innocent horses are dying? We want answers and we are entitled to them. The citizens of Kansas are paying these people with their tax dollars and they need to do their jobs! I have read the statutes for animal cruelty in Kansas and they are clearly being violated!

If anyone has other input or can be of assistance, Chances Miniature Horse Rescue as well as the many other caring individuals and groups involved with this would greatly appreciate your help!

Please start calling on Monday - these little guys are depending on us!!

BOURBON COUNTY Sheriff

Harold D. Coleman, Sheriff, PO Box 42, Ft. Scott, KS 66701

Phone: 620-223-1440

Email: [email protected]

Bourbon County Attorney

Terri Johnson

County Attorney

210 S. National Ave.

Fort Scott KS 66701

(620) 223-2910

(620) 223-3781 (FAX)

[email protected]

Bourbon County Asst. County Attorney

Valorie Leblanc

210 S. National Ave.

Fort Scott KS 66701

(620) 223-2910

(620) 223-3781 (FAX)

[email protected]

Kansas State Veterinarian

Mr.George Teagarde

State Veterinarian

Kansas Animal Health Department

708 S. Jackson

Topeka, KS 66603-3714

e-mail: [email protected]

Tel Nr: (785) 296-2326

Fax Nr: (785) 296-1765

Sincerely,

Stephany A. Asta-Ferrero

Co-Founder & Executive Director

Celtic Rein Equine Rescue & Sanctuary

Bel Air, Maryland

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Thank you, and those little guys will certainly appreciate it. Mary

Ok, the emails are going out now. If there are any other individuals that should be included on this email, please let me know and I will add them. I have 5 pictures of the Miniatures in this email, but they are not showing up as I copy and paste here. If anyone would like it emailed to them individually so that they can send it out and forward it on, please email me at [email protected] and I will send it to you to forward. We need to reach as many people as we can and continue reaching them - these little guys have no voice except for ours and it will be heard! There is no excuse for the pain and suffering they are going through......none. Also, I will see why our link isn't working and try to fix it, but it is www.celticreinrescue.org

Email going out:

Shannon, great video! :aktion033:

I guess we were both on the same wavelength. I did one too. It's at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK45v5Rwiio. Didn't mean to have a "competing one", but it's my first video and posting on YouTube so I had to post here. Sorry!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I included the contact info. for the sheriff and attorney so it's a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back