75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an e-mail to Anderson Cooper last night. Everyone please help by doing this. He and his

news crew helped get feed into the farm to help get the horses out and feed in.

Anderson Cooper 360 Please write...

Gini

Has CMHR contacted Anderson Cooper? If I recall correctly he was quite valuable following Hurricane Katrina when folks were trying to get aid to mini farms who had been cut off from civilization and aid personnel were prevented from traveling in those areas. He even made it through to one farm and did a story.

On another note, I am still having difficulty understanding why those horses can't be seized. The KS Statute appears to have the necessary ingredients there. I can't see where that SO is being given all the authority. Perhaps if CMHR could get one Kansas vet on board, those horses could be seized.

"Any public health officer, law enforcement officer, licensed veterinarian or officer or agent of any incorporated humane society, animal shelter or other appropriate facility may take into custody any animal, upon either private or public property, which clearly shows evidence of cruelty to animals, as defined in K.S.A. 21-4310 and amendments thereto. Such officer, agent or veterinarian may inspect, care for or treat such animal or place such animal in the care of a duly incorporated humane society or licensed veterinarian for treatment, boarding or other care or, if an officer of such humane society or such veterinarian determines that the animal appears to be diseased or disabled beyond recovery for any useful purpose, for humane killing."

In the info I just sent to Anderson Cooper I also included the link to the Kansas statutes. I went on to say that the content of this statue indicates that everything that can be done isn't being done. I think it's important that anyone we contact receives that statute information so as to not be misled by the SO.

Once again, here is the link.

Kansas Animal Cruelty Legislation

Has someone from CMHR asked the SO why they believe they are the ultimate authority in this case when the law clearly says differently?

I haven't seen Sheriff Coleman's email address (or if I did I don't remember
default_wacko.png
: ).

Here it is:

[email protected]

Harold D. Coleman, Sheriff, PO Box 42, Ft. Scott, KS 66701

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

I also saw that the physical address is:

204 S. National

Fort Scott, KS 66701

:aktion033: Oh goody! :aktion033:

The sheriff's e-mail! Thank you! I have some questions for him. Not that I expect an answer but it will feel good asking.

As of 12:49 today this thread has had 36,357 views! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Imagine; if everyone that views this thread would make just one phone call to help, that would almost ensure these little horses will be helped sooner than we hope.

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

Please keep up this work guys! The way you are stepping up and have rallied is amazing. We really need this kind of help so bad. You are truly the beautiful people of the world.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Mary Lou thank you so much for allowing this thread to persist.

I called the sheriff and got the dispatcher she said he wont be in until Monday

I've posted about this on MySpace, and posted about it at a few non-horse forums that are full of animal lovers. It isn't much but it is all I can do to help right now. I've been following this since day one and the whole thing makes me sick. I wish I could win the lottery and just take them all in myself.
default_sad.png

Just a thought. As I was looking thru the pictures very thoroughly I found it strange there was no visible

manure in the pens. I some in the pictures of the horses out but not enough for as many horses.

As of 12:49 today this thread has had 36,357 views! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Imagine; if everyone that views this thread would make just one phone call to help, that would almost ensure these little horses will be helped sooner than we hope.

620/223-1440

FAX 223-0055

Please keep up this work guys! The way you are stepping up and have rallied is amazing. We really need this kind of help so bad. You are truly the beautiful people of the world.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Mary Lou thank you so much for allowing this thread to persist.

I have contacted and sent and forwarded and complained as well but this struck me...if each person spent $1 each time they checked this thread imagine the money that would be available to help. Brass tacks...it is going to take alot of money to help. I already have a way to generate income for CMHR in the works.

I just e-mailed sheriff Coleman and CC'd my mail to the County Attorney Terri Johnson.

The Bourbon County Attorney e-mail I uncovered is:

[email protected]

It's been a bit and hasn't bounced back so I assume it is a valid e-mail address. Have at it people.

I just emailed the Sheriff and did a cc. to the Governor. Maybe if all emails were cc'd to the governor it might make them do something.

If the horses are not taking in enough to sustain them there will be a lot less poop. JMO.

I just emailed the Sheriff and did a cc. to the Governor. Maybe if all emails were cc'd to the governor it might make them do something.

If the horses are not taking in enough to sustain them there will be a lot less poop. JMO.
I agree Katiean..... Thus showing another falsehood from that local sheriff that they are being fed well.

I just sent some pictures to Anderson Cooper.

Thank you all for standing up for these miniatures!!!

So that I'm not accused of exaggerating, can anyone tell us exactly (or even close) how many minis we're talking about? I'm creating a slideshow and want to make sure it's accurate when I post it for the world to see.

Thanks!

Gini: You probably didn't see any manure because what little is being dropped is most likely being eaten. My rescued horse, Rhett, still eats his manure and it's been three years. He's fat and happy but my vet said it's probably so ingrained in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see in the last pics.There was alote of goats also. The pics where to far to see how they looked.But noticed they looked hungry and waiting.
default_sad.png
Ginny said that there are about 30 thin goats in a small pen on the property too. That's all I know, but I thought I would answer your question. They do look very hungry climbing on the fencing.

So that I'm not accused of exaggerating, can anyone tell us exactly (or even close) how many minis we're talking about? I'm creating a slideshow and want to make sure it's accurate when I post it for the world to see.

Thanks!

Gini: You probably didn't see any manure because what little is being dropped is most likely being eaten. My rescued horse, Rhett, still eats his manure and it's been three years. He's fat and happy but my vet said it's probably so ingrained in him.

There were at the time the pictures were taken 100 horses. With the condition of the mares not being able to get up they may be gone now. I'm sure the count will fluctuate.

I just sent a letter with pictures to: the Ks Senator, 2 Representatives, The Governor, the sheriff and 3 County Commissioners. Did it a bit differently than some of you though, I addressed it to the Senator, Representatives and the Governor and cc'd it to the sheriff and county commissioners.

Whoever posted about how much farm subsidy aid Vern got - Good Job!! I included that bit of info in my letter as well as citing the statute on animal abuse.

Somebody mentioned the amount of money we would be raising if we all put in $1 for every time we visit this thread........OMG I couldn't possible afford it. You guys would have to be rescuing me and mine.

Marty........no one's commented on my suggestion to have someone list a few names of people we should contact each day. Mentioning it because I don't know if nobody liked the idea or if everybody's just missed it.

CMHR what do you think? Would one of you be willing to do that? We are definitely not going about this in any kind of organized fashion right now. I tend to think we would be more effective that way. Right now there must be over 100 different names, etc of people to contact scattered over this 66 pages. It's confusing and definitely overwhelming.
Of course I don't see how anyone could possible miss something on this thread.
default_wacko.png
: I'm totally exhausted scrolling back and forth looking for addresses, info, etc.

Edited to say NOOOO! The State Legislature is on break. My letter didn't get to them. GRRRRRR It was a good 'un too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back