4 days left for entries

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadowind

Reaction score
Mary Ann Bartkewich has done a fantastic job of getting things co-ordinated for an AMHR Miniature Show here in Manitoba.
default_smile.png
The date for the show is June 9, at Brandon Manitoba and the entries need to be postmarked by June 1.

In addition to the sanctioned classes, there are novice (non-rated) classes planned, demonstrations and some fun classes. Hopefully everyone who might be interested has received a show book. If not, PM and we will make sure you get one.

On June the 10th, Melinda Guy will be doing a clinic for all exhibitors and interested spectators. It will be hands on so you are welcome to bring your horse. Then I think there is going to be an equine therapist doing some demonstrations etc. after that. It should be a great week-end. This will be during the Manitoba Summer Fair.

I had my entry form all filled out & ready to go, but sadly will not be mailing it. The money only goes so far, and with the rather large vet bill we incurred on Saturday afternoon to save our little mare that had the dystocia (still with the possibility of more vet bills to come if she should get worse instead of better in the next day or two--not confident on that yet!)...vet bills must come before show entries. Our horses will be staying home next weekend. Am feeling VERY disappointed and left out just now--discouraged too, because we lost the colt that was so exactly what we'd ordered.

I do hope that entries will be good, so that the show will run another year!

I've been wanting to get up to that show the last few years now. Mary Ann always mentions it when I see her at the Minot show. If I had a couple horses I was showing seriously this year, I think we would have made an effort this time around. I just don't have anything I'm dying to get in the ring this year. I hope it's a good show for you guys and good luck!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mare Holly. And to lose the little guy on top of it was a double whammy wasn't it. I hope that is the end of your vet bills, don't need more of those. Is your mare doing okay now?

Hopefully you can get out to the show for a little while on Saturday, (maybe we can even set you to work!!!)and take in the clinic on Sunday. We're really looking forward to Melinda's clinic.

Rachel maybe you can get up for the show and/or clinic, just to watch. If you do, be sure to stop around and say hello.

So far we have heard from a few new exhibitors who have never done this show before so that is encouraging. We are going to be trying to drive 6 horses, so should be a little crazy when it comes to changing carts and harness.
default_wacko.png
:

Looking forward to that weekend.

I'm sort of thinking I'll be at the show for awhile on Saturday, if nothing else goes wrong! No more foals to come, so that's something. Our mare is doing better today--she seemed brighter this morning & was showing more enthusiasm for eating so I'm a little more hopeful now that she'll be okay.

Heather, you & Rod are going to be very busy, driving 6 horses! How many are you bringing in all? Good to hear that there are some new people coming--the more the merrier, and it's sure nice to see some bigger classes.

I will see you there!

Back