3rd foal here at MooreAcres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
My mare Sundance LB Melon Mojito foaled a handsome palomino colt last night about 11:30. Hes got a blaze, two blue eyes, and 4 whites. *Might* be pinto, time will tell. Will have pictures tomorrow after his first outting! Mama wasnt too sure about him at first being a maiden and youngster herself, but thankfully she trusts me and my judgement. She allowed me to help him stand and find the milkbar, then she gained enough confidence to take it from there.

One more left...

----------------------------

Snapped a few pictures this morning of the little guy. Nothing fancy, but what do you expect for not quite 48 hours old LOL! I am very happy with him, with all my foals this years! Even if he cant be registered, he will make a fantastic CDE horse or kids pony
default_smile.png

100_1657.jpg

100_1655.jpg

100_1651.jpg

100_1663.jpg

100_1660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the little man yesterday and he is cute cute cute. Tried to name him for Erin but she didn't like my choice. What does everyone else think of "Pull The Trigger Mo" and Barn name Trigger?

Fun to see that shiny black mare with that little Palomino standing next to her. Funny how the two light colored mares have black foals and the black mare has the palomino.

So glad he and the Mama are okay. I know you had plans to show her. But he sounds like one awesome little boy! I vote for the name,,, Whoop There He Is!" Can't wait for pics!

Got to see him yesterday as well...He was laying down all curled up and he looked sooo tiny! Then he got up and he has legs! LOL He is ultra refined and very pretty!
default_wub.png

Glad everything went well with the birth and she seems to be taking being a mommy in stride!

Congrats Erin!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on a healthy, beautiful colt and an uneventful birth! Facebook wouldn't let me respond yesterday, which is probably good -- I was a bit perturbed by those consoling you for lack of spots!

I can't wait to meet all of your young'ums!

congrats Erin on a beautiful baby boy. your mares are sure giving you some beautiful babies.

Considering he has blue eyes, white feet, the white spot on his side, white stockings I think you can at least get him registered as breeding stock pinto per the rule book.

It's really a shame he can't be registered with the AMHR or ASPC as it wasn't your fault at all that the mare was bred as a yearling because you didn't even own her or know about her at the time.

Here is the section from the Pinto rules regarding breeding stock horses.

Horses which lack the minimum amount of white, but exhibit "Pinto characteristics" such as blue or parti-colored eyes, leg white above the knee or hock, white or multi-colored hooves and minimal body white may be registered as Breeding Stock. Solid white horses are also registered as Breeding Stock.[3]

Very handsome colt
default_wub.png

His mama did a great job and it shows how much she trusts you
default_yes.gif

Congratulations !!!

Latest posts

Back