Whinny For Me's 3rd and Final 2009 Foal is HERE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Jill! Trooper is adorable. I'm so sorry for tough time you've had, I know it's exhausting! I hope Maddie learns to accept him, or else you can find an alternative way to feed him. Keep your chin up, something will work out!

default_wub.png
jill

he is so cute.
default_wub.png

your mare and colt will be in our prayers. I pray all goes well.

keep us posted.

Thanks everyone
love0034.gif

I'm not sure how much progress we're making with Maddie accepting Trooper, but we're trying and trying some new things
confused0036.gif

This is soooooooooooooooo exhausting
indifferent0023.gif

But Trooper is doing good and his leg already looks WAY better than it did. I made a video this morning of him running around. Not perfect yet, but a heck of a big difference since the previous video 24 hours before. Plus, he can run like the wind
default_biggrin.png

If he does end up making it (please God), I think he's gonna be real nice
smile.gif

(<--- link)

Awww Jill.....he's going to be just fine. Those legs look great! You know we have all seen much worse and they have all turned out great. You must be exhausted but hang in there. He will be worth it for sure.
default_smile.png

Awww Jill, he will make it. He is doing so much better already. Sending prayers that all goes well with Maddie and baby.

Thanks
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Maddie is being worse really not better. I have been trying hard to get him on a bowl/bucket this morning. I have gotten him 2 different times to sip from a bowl, but the last time he did then I couldn't get him to do it more and he started shivering. I was scared it was because he'd simply gone too long without enough food so let him nurse about 1/5th his normal time from Maddie (much to Maddie's dismay). I hope he will get it and he can be left to drink from his bowl soon. Because of transferring the milk (Foal Lac) from bucket to bowl and bottle and back, and his bread soaking and drippling, I do not even know how much he drank but from the amount of sips, couldn't be much.

Honestly, as much as I've been proud of the breeding horses we put together and as much as I love foals... this may not be worth it anymore long term. It takes so much out of you when things go wrong, and so does the simple worry that things might go wrong (I worry too much but at 40yo... doubt that's gonna change).

I have an UPDATE!!! I will cross post to the other thread about him.

He is drinking from a bowl!!! He drank about 1/2 a cup quickly when I went out around 11am. Then I fooled some with Maddie and went in and he drank another 2 ounes so like 3/4 a cup! The directions say a full size foal should have 3 cups every 3 hours SO I think that was right much!!! I am holding it up to him to drink, but he does. I hope he will soon find it on the stall floor and boy will life be easier for everyone. It already is though as I think I have given up on Maddie taking to him.

I'm going out in about an hour to give him a fresh bowl of foal lac then I am going to take the world's best nap!!!

Glad to hear he's drinking from the bowl now! For the life of me I can't remember how much milk we made up for little Misty, been too long ago (THREE years!
default_new_shocked.gif
) sorry, but I do remember there were times where we made up quite a bit and left it so she could have a drink whenever she wanted, then would switch it out with fresh every couple hours or so..

Back