2 horses stolen!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WashingtonCowgirl

Reaction score
Please share.

Dolly, 7 year old Belgian X mare, blue roan with white blaze. Branded with 658 on her left side of spine. Around 17 hands tall. She will change to bay roan with winter.

Socks is a 7 year old sorrel gelding, QH, white blaze and 4 white legs, flaxen mane and tail, 6 inch scar running diagonally from knee to fetlock on left front. 15.2 give or take.

Both horses are very gentle and friendly. These horses were stolen from a pasture in Edwardsville KS. They were the only two that can be easily caught, haltered and loaded.

Another was possibly injured in the theft who is harder to deal with but was left behind along with other horses.

Please contact Edwardsville Police The Edwardsville PD's number is 913-441-6983...that is their non emergency number.

Socks is the one with the halter on:

Dolly:

Not sure if this is allowed, but these horses belong to a dear friend of mine, one who would do absolutely anything to save a horse. She has taken in more rescues then I can count and is a wonderful person. Please help to get the word out and get her horses back!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear this. I hope your friend has already contacted..

http://www.netposse.com/welcome.asp

to have their pics displayed. Make sure she gives all the info possible. Netposse has been responsible for finding many stolen horses in the past. Do keep us posted please. Unfortunately horse theft is alive and well all over the world.

Tell your friend to make good flyers and post everywhere. Post them in Vets offices and on store fronts. Give a copy to all mail carriers in the area. They see everything. Years ago my mailman saw my lost/stolen dog, in someone's yard. Post and give out near schools. Kids always know where new horses pop up. Give out flyers near churches on Sunday. Give out flyers to gas and electric metre readers. Check ALL auctions in a wide area constantly and send flyers to auctioneers before each sale. Look up all horse dealers in a wide area and check their stock. Also, have your friend join all horse forums on the net and post pictures.Tell your friend to consider anyone who has shown interest in her horses lately. Ask all neighbours if they have noticed horse trailers in the area. Can't think of anything else right now.

This stealing of horses is one reason to not show a full address on websites. And always take down the number of a vehicle, if anyone has come to view horses. If anyone 'phones about horses for sale, always get a number and say you will call them back, before giving out information.

Lizzie

We posted everywhere we could think of, and they have been found!
default_smile.png

So do tell us how/where etc. Is someone being held responsible?

Lizzie
Its all on the thread on HGS, but mostly they have a suspect, and she has some suspicions as to who did it considering some prior events. Basically she found them a few miles down the road, in some guys backyard, who siad he had had had them since the night they went missing. This man made no effort to contact anyone during the time he had the horses. Police, rescues, shelters, no one.

Some people, believe it or not, have NO idea what to do when finding livestock. I guess they think that someone will just drive by and see them?!! At least they were off the road where they would not be hit by a car or would be out getting tangled up in a fence or something. Sure glad to hear she has them home again!

Latest posts

Back