Sign in to follow this  
Zergling

My mini herd - New to the forum

Here is Oscar the friendly jack having a nap in the pasture on a sunny winter day. Not a care in the world.

2016-04-20_15_31_33.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HI, welcome to the forum1

I have a question about your roan stallion, could you tell me his pedigree if you know?   I see what looks like brindle stripes in his coat, I have a brindle mare and there are few of them in minis. Does he have them all the time or seasonal?

Sadly, I have no idea of his pedigree. He had no papers which wasn't a concern at the time. I bought him as a pet, my first horse. I didn't think for one second I would be interested in breeding or showing him. I had no idea he would turn out to be so pretty. I tried to contact the previous owner years later but I was told they had passed so its a dead end.

I think that brindle look is an effect of the roan gene. His winter coat has much less grey/white except for along his back and a small patch here or there. His main and tail are liberally sprinkled with grey/white with a frosted look at the top of the mane and base of his tail. Here is a picture of his winter coat for comparison. It is very thick and fluffy. Makes him look a little overweight, which he isn't.

"Does this fur coat make my butt look big" he says.

2018-02-19_16_38_09.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Zergling :)

• Like 1

Omg Mr. Handsome is very handsome i love his color. 

He is certainly handsome.  My sister's miniature was a line back dun with brindling.  I don't have a good picture of him, and sadly he is gone now.