Zooming like mad!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellie in OR

Reaction score
Bill and Hondo stretching their legs....

These two crack me up! And I love how Radar totally ignores them, like he is embarrassed to be friends with such spazoids, LOL.

What a great morning exercise they had!
default_laugh.png

I think Radar's thought bubble says "Those pudge buckets need to run, I am sleek and need to eat."

(Although they don't look heavy to me at all from the movie! That was just Radar's idea.
default_wink.png
)

*snicker!* Good lord, they sure got wound up, didn't they?! Good to see them again, I'd been wondering how you and your horses were doing.

Leia

Hi Leia,

Thanks, we are good. It was a long wet and COLD winter without much training. The boys were SOOOO hairy! So we aren't as far along in the driving as I'd hoped. But Billy is jogging around in the Hyperbike real good. I have even done the dirt road loop behind my house which is quite challenging (to us). We have a lot of work to do to get him using himself correctly, but it is getting better and he is finally getting a work ethic and trying.

I have hooked Hondo to the EZ entry cart 6 times and led him and ground drove him around pulling the cart with absolutely no spooks or issues. Just yesterday, and the day before, I sat in the cart and drove him. A couple laps of the arena, a figure 8 and several walk, whoa, walk transitions and we called it good. I'm very proud of him!

I finally bought a second harness. I couldn't get the Sport to fit Bills short chunky round body. Plus it was so time consuming to have to fit one harness for two boys that are shaped so different. Everything had to be re-adjusted from one horse to another. So I'd get so I could harness in less than an hour :~O.....then I'd have to re-adjust for the other horse. Totally frustrating! So I bought Bill the Beta pleasure harness from Chimacum and added breeching. The treeless back piece and thinner breast piece seems to fit him great (with added fluffy red pads :~). The Sport fits Hondo good with his longer bigger body and more of a girth groove. Maybe some day I will be able to harness and hitch in less than 30 minutes like I can saddle and bridle my riding horse. But Boy OH! It is a learning process!!

I was really bummed I didn't make it to the Inavale CDE this year. But I had to work. I want to get the boys Myler bits now. They don't give this stuff away, so have to work for a living. Drat! Sure would be nice if I could just stay home and play with horses!

Thats very funny, my minis do the same, and they gallop laps around the paddock in the cool evenings. Radar looks so thrilled to have them as his pasture mates, has he ever joined them? I would like to see that.

Here ya go.....

I took some old clips I had and ran them together. This was winter of 2007, before we had Bill. Radar became very attached to Hondo after I lost my mare. Hondo was very upset when I would take Radar away to ride. So I got Bill to keep Hondo company. Now thay are all good friends. Sometimes thay all zoom around together. But Radar really seems to keep a respectful distance from the little ones.

Congratulations on getting Hondo going! Sounds like he's doing very well.
default_cheers.gif

Kellie in OR said:
I was really bummed I didn't make it to the Inavale CDE this year. But I had to work.
I looked for you there, sorry I didn't get to see you again! Kody stayed home but a friend and I went to volunteer and shop at the Carriage Driving Essentials booth.

Leia

Haha! What a great clip. Isn't it funny how running flat out like that is how horses have fun? That's their idea of playing.
default_biggrin.png

Bailey & Willow do the same thing except Bailey does this massive twists and bucks and farts along with it! I jsut love watching their play time.

Latest posts

Back